Sign in to follow this  
leefriendfield

Why I Play As A Bandit

Several things I could comment on, but you kind of lost me on the server hopping, that shit's not right.

• Like 1

Several things I could comment on, but you kind of lost me on the server hopping, that shit's not right.

"I started server hopping in hot spots on 40/40 player servers shooting anyone to show my power."

I was server hoping on full servers to get caught in firefights I was not server hoping for loot. There is a vast difference between server hoping for loot and server hoping for firefights.

nope.

the basics are the same.

"i hop because i want something".

some look for the rush of adrenaline.

some seek "zeh loot".

I read the whole thing. it only takes 2 minutes. I sir, agree with you fully even though I've never killed anyone and I actually don't want to KOS ever. I wish there were more friendly people. I've seen many things that scare me. I saw a guy handcuff someone else to a fence and made him get eaten by a zombie. This scared me so I ran off and he spotted me and of course, KOSed me. I was soo mad because I was almost at balota and I would've logged off until the morning. I am getting tired of people KOSing. I wish I could get more friends on this game. But no one wants to make friends. Just KOS.

Well I have to go now. So this is all I can do.

Bye!

Wholly wall of text batman..

Will not read.   Sorry.

I will call this the retard post of January.

Seriously dude, just inb4 anyone else?

Great post, Sounds like my experiences in DayZ

Beans Sir +1

thanks

Nobody listens to me when I communicate. If someone surprises me I will tell them to F2 and they never do.

"I started server hopping in hot spots on 40/40 player servers shooting anyone to show my power."

I was server hoping on full servers to get caught in firefights I was not server hoping for loot. There is a vast difference between server hoping for loot and server hoping for firefights.

uh no, in some ways it is even worse. Nothing worse than walking an hour to get to the NW airfield then taking time to scope out a danger zone before moving in to loot only to get popped in the back of the head by some guy who ghosts in from another server and appears from nowhere in a corner of the room behind you then you.

Server hopping is one of the number one problems I have with the current hive system and why private hives have some advantage as they remove the ability to server hop

I will call this the retard post of January.

Seriously dude, just inb4 anyone else?

I know right, I guess the kiddies these days grow up used to twitter and SMS and forget how to read. All those books in DayZ will go to waste

You know when you're pro at dayz when you can walk through Electro like....

Reasoning behind beeing a hero/bandit is subjective. I wouldn't really call myself a bandit, but I still kill people ingame.. Not for some powerhype or because I'm afraid they will kill me, it's simply the way I like to play this game. I will state that I usely go for geared people, sometimes KoS sometimes not, but I'm not taking a ton of chances to find out if they want to be my friend or not. You can tell me how this isn't CS, battlefield or COD, and that I should communicate and all that.. But this is how I, and probably others, like to play the game. Sometimes I switch it up a bit and talk to people, let them go when I have them outgunned and stuff. However as I am playing with my friends mostly, we are usely out for action or geared up people to snipe.

The OP seems to have an emotional playstyle, which I get. There's nothing wrong with it. It's simply subjective how players enjoy a game. And please, if you can't be arsed to read a post that you, yourself, clicked on.. Keep it to yourself.

To the OP:

I respect any single style of game. I never killed anyone in 150h (as today)

and i will never will. i only killed a guy with broken legs so he can respawn faster but was on his request.

i think all kind of play styles and approaching of this game is good. No matter what. I think you are confusing a bit the bandits 

with KoS people but that's not a real issue. I, same as you, have found my way in a position to decide what i want to do. And i did:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179455-new-hobby-working-for-others/

While my method might look suicidal to most of you, it is good for me and i enjoy playing like this.

I got shot so many times (a few times because people got scared; (me being fully geared for the obvious reason if you read that link)

but it does not matter. I never felt powerless or week, i did felt sorry for some of them, meaning those that kill because they are bored.

Also understandable though... but i prefer to die for something than for nothing.. no biggie, moving on.

At this moment all i can is to wish you all my best and take most from this game. 

The important thing is that you should be happy, you paid for this.

Play it the way it makes you happy, because in real life we live just once...

Congrats and beans to you, Sir.

Edited by mugur