pythonmsh

Today's Pending Update.

- Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I do support this in every way. It needed to happen and server hoppers need to be dealt with. But shouldn't item re spawns be added before this gets implemented? The majority of people server hop because there's no loot re spawns. I personally never server hopped in the mod but in the standalone it's a different story. There's times where you have no choice.

I don't understand how there is no choice but to server hop, you could choose to go to one of the many towns that no one goes to...

• Like 17

Sounds like they are going about it the wrong way, so if I leave a server because I connected to a night or hardcore one accidentally I'll have to wait?

I don't understand how there is no choice but to server hop, you could choose to go to one of the many towns that no one goes to...

Yet there's no loot there! Hell I've went to the most random towns and it's been looted. Everyone's doing the same thing.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I do support this in every way. It needed to happen and server hoppers need to be dealt with. But shouldn't item re spawns be added before this gets implemented? The majority of people server hop because there's no loot re spawns. I personally never server hopped in the mod but in the standalone it's a different story. There's times where you have no choice.

No the majority of people server hop because they can't be arsed to loot around the map so they just sit near a high grade loot spawn area and keep switching servers.

• Like 8

Youve never experience going through an entire city and seeing nothing?

• Like 4

No the majority of people server hop because they can't be arsed to loot around the map so they just sit near a high grade loot spawn area and keep switching servers.

While there's those people but it's not the majority. 

Everyone's doing the same thing.

Not really. I don't particularly feel the need to immediately get a gun, water is plentiful considering you can't get sick from it yet, and the ONLY time I have starved to death was when I was on an experimental server last patch, in which I went to Solnichniy, Nizhonye, Orlovets, Dolina, Staroye, and Msta... I have never seen all those empty any other time.

I have, and I move on to the next town away from the coast and find supplies.

• Like 2

I honestly dont get why people are so down on server hoppers.  I mainly play solo, but when some mates come online ill hop to their server for a bit and then bounce around.  I dont have a specific server / community which im tied too, so I just come and go as I please.

Whilst I understand people being upset at hopping for loot, like other posters have said theres no respawn at the moment.  Im all for exploring the map, but if ive spent time and effort hiking to an airfield, wheres the real harm in popping to another server for a look?  Ive already done the miles to get where I am?

• Like 1

Try to think outside the majority, it's usually better to go inland to find supplies rather being on the coast with everyone else.

Personally I think loot should have been fixed before this was implemented. Too many times I've hit a random town and there's been YAFBH as all the loot I can find. Rotten fruit, cans of sardines, and yet another frakking bobble hat do not good looting make! Even basic melee weapons are in short supply at the moment: before my last charachter bled to death I was forced to bludgeon a zombie with a frakking Fire Extinguisher!! as it was the only wepon I could find having gone through two small random towns in the interior. And frustrating doesn't even begin to describe what happens when all the edibles you have are in freaking cans and tools to open them are rarer than frakking hen's teeth!

I personally rarely ever have trouble finding loot. You just have to go to the right places.

I honestly dont get why people are so down on server hoppers.  I mainly play solo, but when some mates come online ill hop to their server for a bit and then bounce around.  I dont have a specific server / community which im tied too, so I just come and go as I please.

Whilst I understand people being upset at hopping for loot, like other posters have said theres no respawn at the moment.  Im all for exploring the map, but if ive spent time and effort hiking to an airfield, wheres the real harm in popping to another server for a look?  Ive already done the miles to get where I am?

I hate server hoppers due to the fact that they jump on various servers, take the valuable loot from high value areas and then leave immediately to the next server.

* Then I wonder why I even bother to waste my time running from military base to military base if it's been already looted dry.

Server hopping then progress to get worse.

* Server hopping snipers in cherno is a prime example, no targets in the city? Move onto the next server and hope for targets.

Yet there's no loot there! Hell I've went to the most random towns and it's been looted. Everyone's doing the same thing.

Ya IDK why they are focusing on server hoppers FFS they need to fix combat logging first.

• Like 1

I personally rarely ever have trouble finding loot. You just have to go to the right places.

I know where all the loot spawns and I know the map by heart. I've been playing DayZ a very long time. It's not a matter of knowing where loot spawns it's a matter of it actually re spawning. 

• Like 1

I know where all the loot spawns and I know the map by heart. I've been playing DayZ a very long time. It's not a matter of knowing where loot spawns it's a matter of it actually re spawning. 

No it is a matter of not taking the exact obvious routes other people are taking.

• Like 1

Ya IDK why they are focusing on server hoppers FFS they need to fix combat logging first.

Both server hopping and combat logging are just as bad.

* The very least is that they are trying to fix it, but in the end they are just slowing down the process.

Try to think outside the majority, it's usually better to go inland to find supplies rather being on the coast with everyone else.

Thats what i usually do but after many many 4+ hour walks not seeing a single other person, the thought of going inland again is not a pleasant one.

I like this because I am tired of running all the way to an airfield only to get killed when i get there from fully geared hoppers.

excellent change, and definitely not too early.

Too many times I've hit a random town and there's been YAFBH as all the loot I can find. Rotten fruit, cans of sardines, and yet another frakking bobble hat do not good looting make! Even basic melee weapons are in short supply at the moment: before my last charachter bled to death I was forced to bludgeon a zombie with a frakking Fire Extinguisher!! as it was the only wepon I could find having gone through two small random towns in the interior. And frustrating doesn't even begin to describe what happens when all the edibles you have are in freaking cans and tools to open them are rarer than frakking hen's teeth!

sounds like exact the gameplay this game is aiming for. great news if what you described is becoming more and more common.

• Like 2

its hardly exploiting though is it?    Take another game.  If the server goes quiet or map changes (or some variable thats not to your liking ... loot for example) you just move to another server where the objective (be it players, a map you like etc) is available and continue to do what you bought the game for ... to have fun and enjoy playing the game your way.  If going round getting high value loot is your thing then good for you and equally if hiking for 20 mins for a can of beans floats your boat so be it.

• Like 1

mmmmmmmmmm..... Rocket take my beans.... bathe in them.. make sure none get stuck in the cracks...

Edit: hope this means they are getting berry picking going properly, has anyone actually done it?

Edited by Window Licker

Im gonna bet this wont work, they cant even stop the deleting game files exploit, good luck with this lulz.

Are you seriously complaining about this?
I can almost promise you this is far easier to write and implement then making loot spawns work properly :)

So you are just gonna have to wait an extra 30 secs, when server hopping.

Rocket posted this on Reddit:

When you disconnect, you character waits around for 30 seconds (currently set in experimental but subject to change) before disappearing. Forgot to include that on patch notes.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1whk6p/dayz_changelog_033114782_pending/cf20nss?context=1

I think this is an awsome move, but its mainly target against combat loggers and ghosters :)
You can still server hop, it just takes some ekstra seconds.

Im gonna bet this wont work, they cant even stop the deleting game files exploit, good luck with this lulz.

They fixed this with signature verification mate

Security: Signature verification against PBOs

Patch 0.32.114557

Edited by Byrgesen