Dcknipe

Bambi's Knocking Out Geared Players.

No, this needs to be removed, fuck everyone who thinks it is a good ability.

Not everyone is Mike Tyson. When I'm wearing a helmet and gasmask, there is no way you can knock me out with one weird punch you swing at me while you run at me. There is no fucking way.

This "feature" makes it so that freshspawns aren't defenseless, which defeats the fucking purpose. The game is supposed to be harsh and making it so you can one-hit knockout fully geared players defeats the purpose.

Also, I've never been knocked out with a one hit punch, mainly because I either avoid or shoot defenseless assholes due to fucks like you.

So, you suck at shooting people, so the people with NO guns need to be nerfed of their one offensive/defensive ability because you are a baddie who, with a firearm, cannot even defend yourself against the ultimate noob?

Uninstall please. This game is clearly beyond your level. Maybe some CoD will lift your fragile ego again.

• Like 2

WOW...all I'd like to see are some tents or some form of hive storage for all my gear I'm about to lose.

As for you guys arguing it is AWESOME! In game if people worry about rude people as they probably are in real life or project themselves in virtual, then just stay away from everyone as I do. I like to watch this unproductive mayhem from a distance. It is amusing. With that said, you do come across some good people. There will always be idiots who need to imagine their toughness in a virtual space because they're far from it in real life.

Play the game as you might truly live.....and DON'T TRUST ANYONE YOU DON'T KNOW!!!

If you get KNOCKED the F%*K OUT...then you sure as shit deserve it for not being aware of your surroundings.

Hope to see you all in full immersion!

Do you really think that killing unarmed players is the only reason to be armed near the coast?

That's sad.. 

Nope, but if you go to the beach to do charity for n00bs, hand out drinks and bandages, you might learn a hard lesson about gratitude and greed. As you know fresh spawns, spawn with nothing and therefor have nothing to lose and while you're touched by your own goodness handing out trash, a fresh spawn, might decide, he'd rather have your M4, than the fresh banana that you're offering.

Just because you're friendly, doesn't mean you should be stupid. 

If you want to help out new spawns, you have to control the situation and keep a safe distance to the desperate souls, you're trying to save.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

People who complain about PoS are the people who get PoS'd. Dayz is a brutal game as it should be, being a post apocalyptic world and all.

I would PoS a geared player if I was a fresh spawn. I mean, it would be a good way to kickstart my adventures on Chernarus no? :)

Someone tried punching me in the back while I was looting his buddies corpse. He ended up with a couple of .45 rounds in his face.

great. Just GREAT.

Its bad enough that people actually do this IRL.

But now we have the knockout game in DayZ?

Just like IRL though, it can be dangerous. Two people attempted this on me in elektro. I killed them both with my 357.

I'm sure Al sharpton and Jessie Jackson will chime in on this nonsense soon enough!!!

I always keep the bambi's at at least 10ft distance when I hold them up to me so I can put 5 rounds in them by the time they reach me, if they should decide they feel lucky. The axe too now requires you to be sticking to the target you intend to strike as opposed to the mod where you could just rush them inside a building and you'd probably win. I also don't allow them to face me directly.

No, this needs to be removed, fuck everyone who thinks it is a good ability.

Not everyone is Mike Tyson. When I'm wearing a helmet and gasmask, there is no way you can knock me out with one weird punch you swing at me while you run at me. There is no fucking way.

This "feature" makes it so that freshspawns aren't defenseless, which defeats the fucking purpose. The game is supposed to be harsh and making it so you can one-hit knockout fully geared players defeats the purpose.

Also, I've never been knocked out with a one hit punch, mainly because I either avoid or shoot defenseless assholes due to fucks like you.

I REAAAAALY think this needs to be adjusted. Not because of gear loss, or realism (its absolutely possible), but because people are starting to do THIS, instead of "playing" the game.

Theres no reason to bother looting dozens of towns and all the risks that come with it, when you can just put up your fists and run really fast (in a laggy server, this would make you extremely hard to hit with the way ADS works in game) and punch out the first geared player you see. What do you stand to lose? Worst case scenario, you end up on the beach again, no worse off then you were.

Im not saying it should be "fixed" because bambis should be defenseless, or because I don't want to lose my gear, etc., but because I have a bad feeling that this play style will ultimately be bad for the game in general.

I KOS occasionally, if I am hunting (to which there is a ritualistic process I adhere to, and make something out of it, rather than just killing everyone and everything in sight). And I SUPPORT KOS as a play style, in that I don't think it should be punished. Personally, I don't LIKE it when people KOS me without making something of it (playing COD-Modern zombie appocolypse). But I also think it should be allowed.

I realize this is kind of contradictory, but if you try to think about it you will understand what I mean. KOSing, while not wrong IMO, is bad enough for the community in this game. But this added to that will degrade the overall experience too much.

If you manage to find an oblivious geared player, SNEAK UP ON HIM, and smash his head in with a pipe wrench, even a ballistic helmet would not stop the acceleration of your brain slamming into the side of your skull. And guess what? He was an IDIOT, and deserved to be flattened, robbed, and possibly even killed.

But if you are just running down the road, see a guy with a gun up ahead, and put up your fists to run faster, strafing around and stopping (running evasively), the guy with the gun will have a hard time hitting you, not just because you are moving around too much, but because the server will get confused. He might actually hit you, but YOU aren't actually there anymore. Then you get up on him, and *sock, unconscious. This is not realistic. Its ridiculous. KOSing, while not WRONG per se, is bad enough. With this, I fear this game is going to devolve considerably.

And the fact that some people can manage to do this to THREE armed players working together, or 2 people who are holding down a CORRIDOR? Sorry, but this is ridiculous.

I agree with both of you.  Sneak around zombies, when they become a threat, and find a proper weapon if you hope to survive.

Not to mention I can't tell you how many times I've went to watch a streamer link someone sent me only to see the streamer playing as a fresh spawn yelling "WANNA GO, BRO?" or "SQUARE UP SON!" in direct chat as they run at them with their fists.

It's retarded to do and retarded to watch.

Edited by Mdogg2005
  • Like 1

It's retarded to do and retarded to watch.

a. Don't do it.

b. Don't watch it.

I've solved your dilemma.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

just wait until footsteps are fixed (if it's fixed...as far as sneaking is concerned) Then being a PoS victim goes from distant worry to very real possibility :P

just wait until footsteps are fixed (if it's fixed...as far as sneaking is concerned) Then being a PoS victim goes from distant worry to very real possibility :P

i would just go ninja with only my socks on. BAM! POS! BEANS!

• Like 1

a. Don't do it.

b. Don't watch it.

I've solved your dilemma.

You are so clever and original.  Way to completely disregard the rest of my post in an attempt to be witty [failed attempt, by the way, 1/10, better luck next time kid].

It's clearly his opinion.. Cool the attitude.

I for one agree with him. Currently hitting with your hands is far superior to what i feel fitting relative to the rest of the game. And before you go raging again, no i am not claiming this is some ultimate truth. Using this as your main approach to gearing, is right up there with things like server hopping

That's all he does is go to every thread and throw his opinion in and bitch about anyone who doesn't share the opinion.  Check his post history rofl.

You are so clever and original.  Way to completely disregard the rest of my post in an attempt to be witty [failed attempt, by the way, 1/10, better luck next time kid].

The rest of your 3-line post which said essentially the same thing as the line I responded to? Sorry to "disregard" it, but my response would have been the same either way. If you don't like punching people, don't punch people. If you don't like watching streamers do it, that's also your choice. I'm really having trouble drilling down into the deeper meaning behind your words. Should we tape new players' arms to their sides because you think some random streamer is "retarded?"

Check his post history rofl.

Yes, please do check my post history rofl.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Man, but when they have a helmet on, does it still do a knockout?

Do you have a specific technique for taking them down in one punch? Do you switch to first person and aim to the upper left hand corner before swinging?

I had some assassins after me the other night, and some good old fisticuffs would have saved me. I need to work on my footwork.

• Like 1

The rest of your 3-line post which said essentially the same thing as the line I responded to? Sorry to "disregard" it, but my response would have been the same either way. If you don't like punching people, don't punch people. If you don't like watching streamers do it, that's also your choice. I'm really having trouble drilling down into the deeper meaning behind your words. Should we tape new players' arms to their sides because you think some random streamer is "retarded?"

Not at all.  But people running around pantsless, yelling at people to square up, is just plain stupid.  Yes it's a sandbox, but it's supposed to be a survival game - not a game that people go around yelling prepubescent insults over comms while running at you with no pants on and their fists up.

Tell me how that's fun to experience?

Mike reverb, I always stay in 3PP. The key is to aim your little dot about half a inch above the victims head. If you aim the dot at the victims face you are really punching them in the tits. /FALCONPUNCH

• Like 1

Typical fucking americans

Hello there

Casual xenophobia is not tolerated here. Dont do it again, please.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

the worst thing about this thread is not people punching other people, or people complaining about being punched, but the number of people using the term "bambi" multiplied with the number of people using the term "bambi" in wrong context..

the amount of yoloswag in this thread is too damn high

• Like 4

the worst thing about this thread is not people punching other people, or people complaining about being punched, but the number of people using the term "bambi" multiplied with the number of people using the term "bambi" in wrong context..

the amount of yoloswag in this thread is too damn high

Huh?  (I'm not familiar with a lot of the terms you just used, please explain) (I'm being serious)

Been punching douchy fucks that wanna have fun with killing newspawns since i joined this game. And i find it really amusing.

But, i've also encountered geared up guys just walking by at the coast many times. Never punched one of them and never killed by one of them. Let them be on their way. They are propably trying to help a friend who is new to the game. 

Know why you kill. 

And using bambi as a tittle to justify the hostility, is nothing. You are just another fuck trying to give hostility a "better name". You are not. You are the same asshole with a person killing newspawns before they can take a step. 

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 4

Been punching douchy fucks that wanna have fun with killing newspawns since i joined this game. And i find it really amusing.

But, i've also encountered geared up guys just walking by at the coast many times. Never punched one of them and never killed by one of them. Let them be on their way. They are propably trying to help a friend who is new to the game. 

Know why you kill. 

And using bambi as a tittle to justify the hostility, is nothing. You are just another fuck trying to give hostility a "better name". You are not. You are the same asshole with a person killing newspawns before they can take a step. 

I like you.

• Like 1