Dcknipe

Bambi's Knocking Out Geared Players.

If I'm a fresh spawn and you get close enough to me while we small talk, it will come to fisticuffs. So far I've taken out 15 geared guys with one Mike Tyson blow to the raisin case. Am I alone in this practice? Punch on sight.

• Like 10

well in real life it works, but you have to be doing like a running punch, and the person has to not  like "shrink their face" to protect from the punch, and take the full hit, and plus it doesn't always work.

I don't PoS, however, I dont allow myself to be too far outside 'fist range' when I come close to other players... A have way more fear of someone with an axe than someone with any gun... as long as I am close enough B)

Haha, I see it coming. After bambis have cried a lot in the forum about kos. No bandits start crying about pos.  :D

1)you just give people more reason to kill scumbags like you on first sight...

2)You kill the opportunity of people helping each other because they expect such shit from those so called "bambi" like you call yourself.

3) you think you're smart coz sneaking to people who chooses to talk to you instead to shoot you on sight, but here's the news... you're a douche bag and that what you do is not smart at all.. its just the abuse of the people's good will.

Im really happy that my friends cover me while I'm talking to fresh spawns and when we give em some food or water... and we kill those idiots who we warn first and who doesn't listen to warnings at all coz theyre douche bags nonetheless

• Like 25

Yea the other day as I'm walking into the Berezino school I see blood dripping from the third floor. I head up the stairs to investigate and there are 2 guys. One with a mosin pointing at me and the other guy crouched bleeding. He told me to get the fuck out, I acted like I was going back downstairs, put my fists up than did the famous wing chan run. Knocked out the first guy with the mosin, the second guy was in the middle of bandaing himself, also knocked the poor fella out. Looted their stuff finished the job if you know what i mean, ran downstairs and immiadetly starting getting shot from the side door to the coast. I ran out the other way did a loop around some building came back, saw that the guy shooting me went to the top of the school. I Climbed the ladder ( sneaky me) and sure enough he was trying to loot his buds. POW I drop the guy cold where he stood. Prob my best bambi story lol.

• Like 3

I always make up an elaborate story about bandits so I can get them to trust me. Then I throw a rabid flurry of punches. Haha I don't kill them I just take the gear. It is way more depressing getting your gear taken by a bambi and waking up then respawning.

• Like 3

Gingatsu, remember this is a dog eat dog world set in a zombie apocalypse. Survival is key and if they have a gun and I need it, it's rocky balboa time. I don't kill them.

great. Just GREAT.

Its bad enough that people actually do this IRL.

But now we have the knockout game in DayZ?

Just like IRL though, it can be dangerous. Two people attempted this on me in elektro. I killed them both with my 357.

• Like 4

All these Bambi's running around playing the knockout game definitely means you have to be a lot more careful during Bambi encounters

1)you just give people more reason to kill scumbags like you on first sight...

2)You kill the opportunity of people helping each other because they expect such shit from those so called "bambi" like you call yourself.

3) you think you're smart coz sneaking to people who chooses to talk to you instead to shoot you on sight, but here's the news... you're a douche bag and that what you do is not smart at all.. its just the abuse of the people's good will.

Im really happy that my friends cover me while I'm talking to fresh spawns and when we give em some food or water... and we kill those idiots who we warn first and who doesn't listen to warnings at all coz theyre douche bags nonetheless

such passionate feelings. It's a game. The feeling/fun of KOing is part of the game. Blame the developers for putting it in. Not the players.

Gotta love to knock out geared players. That's so embarrassing for them. If you know how, you can kill a group of 3 armed bandits in no time. Anyways, I don't punch anyone unless I have to. Bitches stole my blood, I stole their gear, and then their lives. Yeah, I'm talking to you, strange bandits with a russian accent on the rail track. Float like a butterfly, but sting like a bee.

• Like 5

I love the ability to do this, and I have taken full advantage of a well placed swing. I hope they don't change it. You run the risk of being punched out or worse if you hang around fresh spawn locations, if you want to help them you know already that you run this risk.

• Like 1

I REAAAAALY think this needs to be adjusted. Not because of gear loss, or realism (its absolutely possible), but because people are starting to do THIS, instead of "playing" the game.

Theres no reason to bother looting dozens of towns and all the risks that come with it, when you can just put up your fists and run really fast (in a laggy server, this would make you extremely hard to hit with the way ADS works in game) and punch out the first geared player you see. What do you stand to lose? Worst case scenario, you end up on the beach again, no worse off then you were.

Im not saying it should be "fixed" because bambis should be defenseless, or because I don't want to lose my gear, etc., but because I have a bad feeling that this play style will ultimately be bad for the game in general.

I KOS occasionally, if I am hunting (to which there is a ritualistic process I adhere to, and make something out of it, rather than just killing everyone and everything in sight). And I SUPPORT KOS as a play style, in that I don't think it should be punished. Personally, I don't LIKE it when people KOS me without making something of it (playing COD-Modern zombie appocolypse). But I also think it should be allowed.

I realize this is kind of contradictory, but if you try to think about it you will understand what I mean. KOSing, while not wrong IMO, is bad enough for the community in this game. But this added to that will degrade the overall experience too much.

If you manage to find an oblivious geared player, SNEAK UP ON HIM, and smash his head in with a pipe wrench, even a ballistic helmet would not stop the acceleration of your brain slamming into the side of your skull. And guess what? He was an IDIOT, and deserved to be flattened, robbed, and possibly even killed.

But if you are just running down the road, see a guy with a gun up ahead, and put up your fists to run faster, strafing around and stopping (running evasively), the guy with the gun will have a hard time hitting you, not just because you are moving around too much, but because the server will get confused. He might actually hit you, but YOU aren't actually there anymore. Then you get up on him, and *sock, unconscious. This is not realistic. Its ridiculous. KOSing, while not WRONG per se, is bad enough. With this, I fear this game is going to devolve considerably.

And the fact that some people can manage to do this to THREE armed players working together, or 2 people who are holding down a CORRIDOR? Sorry, but this is ridiculous.

• Like 6

No, this needs to be removed, fuck everyone who thinks it is a good ability.

Not everyone is Mike Tyson. When I'm wearing a helmet and gasmask, there is no way you can knock me out with one weird punch you swing at me while you run at me. There is no fucking way.

This "feature" makes it so that freshspawns aren't defenseless, which defeats the fucking purpose. The game is supposed to be harsh and making it so you can one-hit knockout fully geared players defeats the purpose.

Also, I've never been knocked out with a one hit punch, mainly because I either avoid or shoot defenseless assholes due to fucks like you.

• Like 6

If someone moves towards me I always shoot on sight, I tend to shoot on sight regardless, but if you're trying to get close to me there is no chance you're walking away. Punching is just way to strong to take a chance.

• Like 4

It's completely legit. It adds depth to the game. Players should always be on there tippy toes. I help bambis all the time but I'm not so naive to believe that if I give them a chance to take my gear they won't do it.

I don't understand why people even allow bambi's to approach. Moving towards someone period is a threatening action, nevermind the implication. Keep your distance, talk to them if you want to but at the end of the day if they break that 15 foot line the only thing their fists are going to hit is the ground.

• Like 1

I think that at least four punches for knocking-out of the player would be better.  If some unarmed players want to make this faster, then they need to cooperate. It is also possible to  put into DayZ  some very rare brass knuckles...imho

If someone moves towards me I always shoot on sight, I tend to shoot on sight regardless, but if you're trying to get close to me there is no chance you're walking away. Punching is just way to strong to take a chance.

another reason why I think this is bad: It encourages even MORE KOS. Nobody will bother attempting to hold you up, cuff you, "catch and release", or whatever, because of this. They wont interact, tell you to get back. Nope. They will just fuking SHOOT you because they know you can run really fast and knock you out.

Its going to turn this game into an arcadey mosh pit game with survival elements...

• Like 1

If you let someone with in punching distance of you, you deserve it. I think helmets should negate the knockout chance for sure.

• Like 3