KerrSG1

Allow Iv Bag Use On Yourself

Yeah, let's remove one of the last features that actually makes people interact with each other and not just KoS the crap out of anyone who happens to walk by.

While we are at it, why not let us use the defibrilator on yourself, cause muh playstyle.

Naive thinking mate, you cannot trust anyone in DayZ.

Okay they shall have their possibilty to blood/saline bag themselves but with high risks of getting infections, ruining the bag and problems like that. This risk should increase with decreasing health/blood and stamina. Rapid movements should result in an instant problem. 

Despite that, wether being able to give it to yourself or not, I want it to take a hell longer. If it stops me from having to run around with a gray blurred screen I even would wait, let's say 3 min without movement at all. This has the side effect that becoming healthy has a lot higher importance, as you won't have to use a saline/blood bag. Even further it would fortify teamplay as your teammates would have to make sure no walker or player threatens you.

Last but not least I think we will discuss this whole topic once again as soon as the sanity system is implemented.

Stay alive,

Snaff

Where are the basis of these imaginary penalties you came up with? Have you even seen, held or used saline bag in your life?

Edited by JuX

I'de rather have it so syringes are like mini, self bloodbags, and you have to get real blood. It would only restore 1-2k blood. 

I read the thread and it seems that most ppI dont know that the bIood IeveI and the coIour Ioss has absoIutIy NOTHING to do with your heaIth and heaIing/heaIthy message.

You have a bIood bar and if you Ioose bIood the coIor fades away and on a specific point you get unconscious.

You have a heaIth bar and if you Ioose heaIth the screen get bIurry. You die if it drops to zero.

You get heaIing and heaIthy if youre good on food and water and have fuII bIood.

It takes some time to get heaIth bar up! this prevents getting hit muItipIe times and just getting new bIood to heaI up Iike in the mod. You can have fuII bIood and just minimaI Iife and youre dead after 1 hit in your finger :)

I read the thread and it seems that most ppI dont know that the bIood IeveI and the coIour Ioss has absoIutIy NOTHING to do with your heaIth and heaIing/heaIthy message.

You have a bIood bar and if you Ioose bIood the coIor fades away and on a specific point you get unconscious.

You have a heaIth bar and if you Ioose heaIth the screen get bIurry. You die if it drops to zero.

You get heaIing and heaIthy if youre good on food and water and have fuII bIood.

It takes some time to get heaIth bar up! this prevents getting hit muItipIe times and just getting new bIood to heaI up Iike in the mod. You can have fuII bIood and just minimaI Iife and youre dead after 1 hit in your finger :)

*Looks around sheepishly.* That's rather funny considering how many people have been discussing in this post.  ^^

Damnit! Embed won't work... ><

For the love of god... all I had to do was link it!

Ah, the page I used for instructions was from 2009...  -.-

Pretty clever really, the system simulates having had a good diet in the past, there's a follow up video too.

Edited by Survivor_Sabre

Where are the basis of these imaginary penalties you came up with? Have you even seen, held or used saline bag in your life?

Working in a nursing home for people with dementia I have more than once.

I will post this on every single page of this thread:

You simply could not, in the real world, give yourself any sort of IV fluids.

You would need to be able to hold the bag higher than the highest point of your body, which is impossible.

Otherwise, you would need to squeeze the bag, and IV bags are not designed to work like this. If the tubing could hold the pressure, it would only force the liquid into your bloodstream at too high of a rate, and this isn't just a syringe full of liquid, it's a whole damn IV bag. You'd kill yourself pushing that much fluid.

The only way this would work is if you tied the IV bag to an object an laid below it

which the game engine will not let you do currently.

Working in a nursing home for people with dementia I have more than once.

you did that but whats with the other 99.9% of the peopIe? why ppI get to the doctor for injections or bIood transfers?

think before post shit

IMO solutions are not in how a gameplay mechanic is applied, but in the source of the mechanic.

In the case of low blood and IV bags, it's not about the IV bag, I say. It's about the low blood status. It's ALL about that. I've watched "the Impossible" last night and it reminded me of how one person would feel when very low on blood, and, possibly, ill with infection. You shiver. You're weak. You can barely move. NO running around and stuff. Lose enough blood and you'll be forced on your belly, crawling like a warm, unable to aim your weapon properly and incapable of melee attacks altogether. Possibly falling in and out of consciousness.

This effects are the ones that will completely change the gameplay, not the mechanic of the IV bags application. They can stay the same or become self-applicable. With appropriate low-health statuses, the IV bag mechanic won't affect the gameplay. But, as it's possible and logical in real life to be self-applicable, then it should be so in game too.

It wont take away or reduce teamplay to make it self-applicable. But i'm only talking about this in a time when the game has better and more in-depth health statuses, like broken limbs, tiredness, and infections. As it is now, it wont affect the game that much to make a change. People will still KOS and lone-wolf, regardeless.

• Like 1

Yes its stupid that u need a friend to do it if its perfectly possible to do it yourself then there no reason to remove that feature from a survival game!

you did that but whats with the other 99.9% of the peopIe? why ppI get to the doctor for injections or bIood transfers?

think before post shit

I just answered wether I have ever used/seen or held an IV bag which I answered with this post.

"Think before post ...."

I really don't get your point? :huh: 
I never said that everyone can do it.  :D 

Read it all again and then we'll talk/write again.

Okay they shall have their possibilty to blood/saline bag themselves... 

Thats aII i need to know from you. When they shaII have it then everyone need to know how to use....

Thats stupid

Read the entire post and you would notice that this would come with very high risks so you would think twice before doing it.
I'm not for everyone having the possibility to bag themselves, but if it comes so far they should have serious risks in doing so.

I said read it all again...

...this would have the same crappye effect like eating 10 steaks in the mod...always hated this since it makes the game too easy and turns it more into a casual shooter...right now you have to watch your ass or make friends....

• Like 1

I wish this thread would go extinct...  ^^

Everything that needed saying has been said; probably 10 times over already.  :P

Are people even reading the posts from the beginning?

Not trying to be rude or anything; it's just that every time I log on I have like 3-6 notifications from this thread, all for things I've already read before...

Edited by Survivor_Sabre
  • Like 1

I will post this on every single page of this thread:

You simply could not, in the real world, give yourself any sort of IV fluids.

You would need to be able to hold the bag higher than the highest point of your body, which is impossible.

Otherwise, you would need to squeeze the bag, and IV bags are not designed to work like this. If the tubing could hold the pressure, it would only force the liquid into your bloodstream at too high of a rate, and this isn't just a syringe full of liquid, it's a whole damn IV bag. You'd kill yourself pushing that much fluid.

The only way this would work is if you tied the IV bag to an object an laid below it

which the game engine will not let you do currently.

Again, you simply do not know what you are talking about.  Actual NURSES have told me they could give themselves IV fluids without any great difficulty.  They could do the cleaning, inserting one handed without 'very high chance' of infection.  That's just ignorance of facts speaking to suggest such a thing is so likely.

I wonder if we play actual "NURSES" in dayz or random survivors stranded on a beach?

Other than that Survivor_Sabre is right.

I support self-administration of IV bags.

It won't ruin the game. Add some caveats, like time, and it can't be abused mid-combat. It won't affect teamwork.

Running around as a newer player and a lone wolf, I was confused when I couldn't self-administer saline through an IV. It just felt so simple and intuitive to do so, but dangit, I just couldn't. I ran around for 3+ hours with a black and white screen, scrounging for food and fluids. I honestly thought that not being able to give myself saline was a bug in alpha.

People don't team up because they're all "Gee, I should team up so people can give me saline." They simply don't, and if you think they do, you're delusional. Blood transfusions are more effective than saline bags, anyway. Those ought to require teamwork because the payoff is much bigger, and for other obvious reasons.

So yeah. Blocking the self-administration of IV bags is not "rewarding teamwork" -- it's punishing newer players, and it's punishing playing alone. Keep the "rewarding teamwork" argument for blood transfusions.

So much passion, claims the sky would implode if this were to happen, and other such nonsense and hyperbole. Sheesh people. If "Self Administration of IV bags now possible" were to be added in the next batch of patchnotes, nobody would bat a freakin' eye.

And you know it. </thread>

Edited by carcinovich

It won't ruin the game. Add some caveats, like time, and it can't be abused mid-combat. It won't affect teamwork.

It was all worth it! I learned a new word. :)

Caveats... I like it. Now I just have to find a way to slip it into a conversation. ^_^

It was all worth it! I learned a new word. :)

Caveats... I like it. Now I just have to find a way to slip it into a conversation. ^_^

Glad to be of service. Hope it ameliorates any misanthropic paradigms.

• Like 2

I wonder if we play actual "NURSES" in dayz or random survivors stranded on a beach?

Other than that Survivor_Sabre is right.

Sorry, no, if you can put an IV on another person you can put an IV on yourself.  It's not difficult.

There should be static IV stands required to blood bag yourself only in hospitals , and they should be able To be destroyed . Also it should take a few seconds longer as you'd have to attach the bag to the IV stand and then start to administer it . If we're talking realism , I wouldn't let myself die because someone isn't around to do something one person could do , c'mon now .

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Requiring them to be used in hospitals makes no sense.  

So far, the best balancing seems to be if a person uses it on you, then it takes the current duration of application of a saline bag.  If you try to use it on yourself, double the duration.  No other penalties or changes.