Admiral_69

The Real Reason Loot Doesn't Spawn In Tents Anymore / Some Houses

Hi folks,

Thought I would let you know why loot stopped spawning in certain locations (Military tents, but also some houses) after the new patch.

The game engine cannot handle too many objects without significant server performance issues. Thus, when the new town to the north was added (Svetlana or something) will all sorts of lootable buildings, the devs HAD to stop loot from spawning in other areas of the map.

This is also likely why there are a number of known empty houses. The Devs had to turn loot off in those buildings before launch.

When can you expect your phat loot back?

Not anytime soon.

But the good news is, when this limitation is addressed, you can likely expect a sudden increase in both loot and zombies.

How did I figure this out? Look in the announcemets section. Rockethas a post laying out the 2014 development goals. One of the goals is address item / zombie number limits. In this post, he mentions that without loot, they can run 4000 zombies. Thus, with the new lootable buildings in Svetlana, they needed to turn down zombies or loot elsewhere in the map.

I just wish the Devs provided clarity on these types of actions. At least that way, the player base can understand what is happening, and can see a light at the end of the tunnel... And you do not get needless bug reports.

• Like 7

maybe.

maybe.

maybe.

possibly.

There is a chance.

• Like 2

Why barns have Ioot now when they had to reduce Ioot?

They shouId add a function to search containers, cupboards and other furniture or simiIar things for Ioot. so they dont need spawn additionaI items in the map and use this server power for zombies and a better zombie AI.

Sounds plausuible, hopefully it's not though because I figured something like that would have some kind of upgrade last patch.

Hi folks,

Thought I would let you know why loot stopped spawning in certain locations (Military tents, but also some houses) after the new patch.

The game engine cannot handle too many objects without significant server performance issues. Thus, when the new town to the north was added (Svetlana or something) will all sorts of lootable buildings, the devs HAD to stop loot from spawning in other areas of the map.

This is also likely why there are a number of known empty houses. The Devs had to turn loot off in those buildings before launch.

When can you expect your phat loot back?

Not anytime soon.

But the good news is, when this limitation is addressed, you can likely expect a sudden increase in both loot and zombies.

How did I figure this out? Look in the announcemets section. Rockethas a post laying out the 2014 development goals. One of the goals is address item / zombie number limits. In this post, he mentions that without loot, they can run 4000 zombies. Thus, with the new lootable buildings in Svetlana, they needed to turn down zombies or loot elsewhere in the map.

I just wish the Devs provided clarity on these types of actions. At least that way, the player base can understand what is happening, and can see a light at the end of the tunnel... And you do not get needless bug reports.

Hey thanks for the post but a few things I wanted to bring up, first if you have found a specific post that supports what you are saying, then linking that is a good idea. We aren't going to go sorting thru every post made by Rocket to find a specific one, call it lazy or what you want, but as you can see without anything credible to support your argument this thread has already descended to the pits of hell.

This is a mere guess from your side, don't put it out there as facts.

It is a theory, which he supported with a statement from Dean.  Could it be the reason?  It is plausible.

Hey thanks for the post but a few things I wanted to bring up, first if you have found a specific post that supports what you are saying, then linking that is a good idea. We aren't going to go sorting thru every post made by Rocket to find a specific one, call it lazy or what you want, but as you can see without anything credible to support your argument this thread has already descended to the pits of hell.

I've read it. It's in one of his last addresses to the nation.

• Like 1

The two story barns now have loot as of last (or last couple of) patch(es). As of right now, there are maybe 4 - 5 types of houses and those big apartments near Cherno that don't spawn loot and haven't spawned loot since the game was released. If loot can be "turned off" then it's possible with the reduction of military gear, they just significantly toned down the chances of finding attachments in tents. Either way it sucks.

Some of you who played the mod remember how you'd see a house and say, "I know all the loot piles in that house so I can get in/get out" which made it pretty un-exciting to search for loot since you know where everything will spawn. I was pretty excited for the standalone since Rocket said you'd have to search high and low to find loot, but at the moment it still feels like everything has a pre-determined location (not talking about loot tables here, just the loot spawn areas).

Anyway, I'm sure as the game chugs along we'll start seeing loot pop up in places that previously didn't have anything. OP has a plausible point, but as others said you shouldn't state it as fact.

The two story barns now have loot as of last (or last couple of) patch(es). As of right now, there are maybe 4 - 5 types of houses and those big apartments near Cherno that don't spawn loot and haven't spawned loot since the game was released. If loot can be "turned off" then it's possible with the reduction of military gear, they just significantly toned down the chances of finding attachments in tents. Either way it sucks.

There are a couple of houses (for example the house with the one-room kitchen and living room with a long corner sofa) and apartments as well, which now spawn nothing but did (and plentifully so) pre-patch. The only addition was the multi-story barn, so overall count there is a lot fewer buildings spawning loot than pre-patch, not just the tents.

Edited by BadAsh

If this is true, what about Rocket saying he is going to add movable objects[e.g. the cardboard boxes you see lying around]. He said they are working on the physics to have movable objects so that you have to open refrigerators and carboard boxes for loot. What is the straing of this on the server load? It doesn't make sense to keep adding new stuff without the capacity. Just find it odd he said that if we assume what OP saying is true.

I've read it. It's in one of his last addresses to the nation.

Oh the one where he explained the outbreak was caused because the population of Chenrus ate too many beans causing the flying spaghetti monster to take umbrage and strike down the nation with a plague the like have never been seen.  Yeah I remember that one now.

Here is the link to the post (hopefully it works, posting from my Blackberry. If it doesn't work, it is a pinned post in the announcements section)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/#entry1564197

The first item: More Zombies - they need to make optimizations to increase "dynamic entitiy counts" which are Loot, Players, and Zombies.

Since they added new loot locations (Svetlana and white barns), and possibly more zombies, they had to take it away from somewhere else.

I just wish that this information was communicated to us.

I agree,

POS meaning "post on site" is needed.

Its possible, but if that were true then I dont think any of the seemingly planned towns in the north would ever be finished.

Looks like they are simply rotating loot locations (perhaps to test the system). I'm constantly finding loot in places where they never spawned and nothing in places I knew loot use to spawn.