Sign in to follow this  
P3Nn

Rage Time: Game Mechanics Suck, No Fix For This

So this the the 4th time my Char has been killed by the poor game mechanics by falling through buildings or off buildings by walking through walls or rails.

This is primarily down to the fact it's using Real Virtuality game engine.

We are stuck using this as who ever was in charge thought it'd be better to use the same poor engine that was used for the Mod.

Rant over i do enjoy the game and i think there is a lot of span for improvement and development because it isn't complete.

But i think the primary issues with the game are hard coded into the engine that it's using which is a shame!

-----------------------------------------------------

Note to self and all players.

DO NOT LEAVE TERRA FIRMA.

If you climb stairs you will die at some point, If you use ladders you will die. If you try and fly you will die.

If you even think about climbing something you will die.

I am never leaving Ground FLOOR.

Edited by P3Nn
  • Like 1

Mod didnt have the problem, so definitely fixable. 

Maybe there is hope!

Until then i'm sticking to the FLOOOOOOR

• Like 1

But i think the primary issues with the game are hard coded into the engine that it's using which is a shame!

You know this? How?

there will be 100x posts like "this is fucking alpha"

but thruth is - it will stay like this because there is simply not solution for that on this engine - if it were BIS would fixed it ages ago. 

• Like 1

Stairs was fixed in the mod yes :)
And most of the clipping was fixed in Arma 3, so theres most certaintly hope, they just need time and im quite sure they have spend zero time on this subject, in the variant of the RV engine, behind DayZ.

It might take a long time before its fixed, but they still have almost 2 years of development, before they reach the "promised" release date :)
Lean back, play something else and boot up DayZ in 6 months, to see whats changed hehe.

But i feel you mate, no doubt, theres a lot of wierd "qwerks" in the RV engine, but most of them are fixable, it just takes time to find them and eliminate them tbh.

• Like 1

Ladders are fine. Its stairs and certain houses. We have a Regime of NOT bumping into each other in houses. Noone died of the "holes of doom" and "stairs of Terror" ever since.

Altho..this stuff needs to be fixed.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

Blah blah "Hi I like to bitch that an Alpha version of a game is not finished!"

If you don't want bugs don't play an alpha. /facepalm

I'm not a programmer, but can it be so hard to say to the engine:

"If PLAYER activated Button: LADDER - no fall-damage." ?

• Like 1

I'm not a programmer, but can it be so hard to say to the engine:

"If PLAYER activated Button: LADDER - no fall-damage." ?

Seems more like it wants to teleport the player into a correct position to use the ladder first, and then actually 'attach' the player to the ladder. And somewhere in between theres a delay and if the delay is longer than the time it takes for you to hit the ground, you fall to your death.

I played the leaked alpha last year, tried to use the ladder on the trains. Launched me from Balota all the way to the small radio tower on the bushy hill in north Cherno. Took me some time to come by from laughter. ^^ Haha.

Wow people still complain about this, I haven't climbed ladders in a month. You must understand that the game is still in alpha... ._.

I've been playing on the Real Virtuality engine since the release of the 1st Arma.. I don't ever remember falling to my death.  Maybe its just the way I play or maybe the way you play OP.  

The Real Virtuality engine is awesome for what it is designed for, I really can't understand the problems some of you have climbing stairs or ladders.. baffles me.

• Like 1

not died since launch day, over 50 hours played mostly in busy servers. I have  been up all ladders and stairs. Probaly your janky connections

not died since launch day, over 50 hours played mostly in busy servers. I have  been up all ladders and stairs. Probaly your janky connections

Just wait haha my connections fine..

If you've played 50 hours and haven't experienced any glitches then you're talking about your bum!

Edited by P3Nn

I've been playing on the Real Virtuality engine since the release of the 1st Arma.. I don't ever remember falling to my death.  Maybe its just the way I play or maybe the way you play OP.  

The Real Virtuality engine is awesome for what it is designed for, I really can't understand the problems some of you have climbing stairs or ladders.. baffles me.

Right so the fact that you can get stuck in invisible buildings, fall through buildings and walls.. Break you legs from falling 2 meters.

Yeah that's down to the way i play... *sarcasm*

The issue is with the mechanics.. If you play like a 50 year old who struggles to use a keyboard and mouse then maybe it does work..

EDIT:

Ladders and stairs are generally fine it's the above...

Edited by P3Nn

Hello there

Its a known fact that the RV engine has no bugs only "features"

You just discovered one.

Now the way forward in this and all other "rants" is if you have encountered a bug then report it in the bug tracker here.

The devs are gonna use the RV engine. That's it. Sorted. Done Deal.

Not going to change.

It will be improved however. Will it ever be perfect? I dont know, will it improve over time. Yes. But rants are not the solution.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 2

Blah blah "Hi I like to bitch that an Alpha version of a game is not finished!"

If you don't want bugs don't play an alpha. /facepalm

Or one could file several bug reports while making a topic like this :D Have YOU contributed to the pile today ?

Well I have to say that I never have been killed by a stair. I guessI have been lucky but it' true

It's strange, I've heard many people complain of the ladder glitch, but I've never personally experienced it. I use ladders fearlessly.

If you play like a 50 year old who struggles to use a keyboard and mouse then maybe it does work..

I play like a 40 year old,  Mainly because i am 40 ;) 

I'm gonna guess from your comments you are young.. and therefore maybe you have not gained the experience to use a mouse & keyboard correctly yet.  Don't worry son, maybe you'll get it in a few years. :P

I can see you now.. headless_chicken_lone.jpg

• Like 1

Going to go out on a very short limb here and guess that you're not a software developer nor do you have much experience working with software. First big clue is the phrase "hard coded" in this context makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 1

@OP,

What the fuck do you want us to do about it? This shit happens to everyone. There are dozens of posts regarding this stuff. I fell 5 feet and died instantly fully geared a few weeks ago. I didn't come on the forums and moan about it.

If you find a bug post it in the bugs section dont whine about it in a non constructive manner.

You are preaching to the choir.

Edited by hatesauce

It's strange, I've heard many people complain of the ladder glitch, but I've never personally experienced it. I use ladders fearlessly.

Try crouching and getting on ....only time I have that issue.... as for stairs I have no idea wtf ppl are talking about with a stair glitch.... almost 250+ hrs never died on stairs and Ive climbed the large skyscrapers...

I have died exactly one time from falling so far in 150 hrs of playing, and that was my own damn fault for doing a running vault(jump) instead of a standing vault on the top of a school, so I went right of the roof. I just facepalmed and kept playing