tmbt

My Kos Philosophy (I'm Not Complaining)

Two days ago I was in Elektro, new spawn without anything. I told myself : I want to run naked in Elektro and see what happen.

Few seconds later i heard a shot and turning around I saw  a very well geared military guy dead on the ground. i knew there was  a sniper somewhere but i thought that i didn't have anything to lose so i took my chance and looted the guy.

He had the usual military things and a pristine mosin equipped with  a pristine long range scope !

I immediately run away and headed out of the city.

I never had a  mosin and more than all I never had a mosin with a long range scope so i trained myself killing some zombies from distance in a small village north of Elektro.

Then i saw him .. there was this guy who was walking crouch in the middle of the street. I had it in my scope. Killing zombies is nice ... but killing another player was new to me .. i HAD to try.

So i did. I hit him in the head. After that i went to check what i could steal from him.

I think that this is a KOS. Bu I'm a sniper now. I cannot yell at the guys i meet : "Are you friendly ?". I wait hidden somewhere. Steady and stealth. If i see someone who seems to have something i want... I kill him. At least i do that until i will die killed by someone else or until my mosin will deteriorate.

Is that so bad ?

But you killed him because you wanted to try it...not because you thought he had something you wanted.

I do find something slightly weaksauce about that :/

Well, you can always try to get closer, maybe rob them if you see something you want.

It's harder of course, and no one is forcing you, but still...

If it's about survival, you can always just try to avoid the player. Not every player spotted needs to end in either a friendly or a death.

• Like 1

This is what I do every time I spawn. I find a mosin, and I kill people with it. You might catch shit for it, but you are not alone. This is what many bandits are doing right now. You may chose tobe a hero, that is up to you, butt dont kill freshspawns. Thats just lame. Maybe try holding someone up sometime.

Edited by Solopopo

Well, you can always try to get closer, maybe rob them if you see something you want.

It's harder of course, and no one is forcing you, but still...

If it's about survival, you can always just try to avoid the player. Not every player spotted needs to end in either a friendly or a death.

The point is that i don't want to avoid other players. I have to eat,drink and find other ammonitions for my mosin. I could scavenge or i could kill people who seem well geared and search for this things on them. I don't kill new spawns because they don't have anything i could want.

What if I see a fresh spawn and want his flashlight because I don't have one and it's getting dark soon?

:P

• Like 1

The point is that i don't want to avoid other players. I have to eat,drink and find other ammonitions for my mosin. I could scavenge or i could kill people who seem well geared and search for this things on them. I don't kill new spawns because they don't have anything i could want.

Well if you don't want to avoid players, you shouldn't snipe them. That sounds like avoiding them to me... if you want to meet them, get close and talk to them.

Remember that everyone except idiots will be friendly if you point a gun at them...

Also, I find that some people actually are so positively surprised when you don't kill them that they share their stuff. Just recently, my group tried to trade a freshspawn's battery for an opened can of beans, and the freshspawn was so surprised that he even refused to take payment for the battery...

Remember that everyone except idiots will be friendly if you point a gun at them...

HA! if you think "friendly" is the same as running for my life lol

That's my solution to guns-in-face lol

• Like 1

HA! if you think "friendly" is the same as running for my life lol

That's my solution to guns-in-face lol

It's pretty funny how well that's worked for me so far.

bandit: "hey you! stand still! F2!"

Me: *runs away and doesn't get hit*

bandit: :(

I think it's a game with no rules and you should do whatever you want, whenever you want. And besides, he was the idiot in the middle of the street! He was asking for it!

I think it's a game with no rules and you should do whatever you want, whenever you want. And besides, he was the idiot in the middle of the street! He was asking for it!

DayZ is a game of patience.

You let the guy in the middle of the street go and tag along unnoticed at a safe range. Sooner or later a bandit will engage the person you spared and if you kill him you most likely get lots of food and bullets ;)

As Sun Tzu wrote - All war is deception

• Like 1

I hate KoS, (not the forum user, he's epic).

But I'm a complicated person. I love sniping people from a distance myself, providing that they have proper gear and they aren't just fresh spawns.
What I dislike is when I make contact with someone that is obviously one meter away, and he just instantly goes to shoot me. That's what I dislike.

I see no issue here, you need gear and he had it. + He was running on the street so yeah, tough luck for him.

Play the fucking game people...

There is a reason you are able to kill others.

If that's the way you want to play, so be it.

Its your choice, its a sandbox.

Let people bitch about KOS all they want but its a huge aspect of DayZ.

If the game allows it, get over it.

If you want to do it, DO IT.