Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

What do you think of people calling Kill on Sight players ... "kids"?

There's a very obvious difference between killing an avatar in a game, and calling an actual human names. I'm not murdering you, I'm murdering your character. When you run to the forums or reddit to call me names, you're not talking about my character. You're talking about me as a person. So, no, it's not actually "part of the game."

I think it's very telling that the "KoSers" are supposedly the immature, childish "kids" but 99% of the name-calling I see comes from so-called heroes calling people "assholes" or "douchebags" for "ruining the game."

Give me a break. People aren't personally insulting you, they're criticizing your behavior in-game.

It's sad that you guys can be such douchebags in-game, but then expect us to treat you with respect on these forums. If you dont want people calling you a douchebag, don't act like one in-game.

• Like 3

Im old. I dont care about getting called kid, but its starting to bother me that 1 in 3 people I run into sound like their balls havent dropped yet. Makes me feel too old for this shit.

Ditto

I think what you will find honeslty is that the people calling each other "kids" are also "kids"... There's no crime in being youthful, hell, I wish i was still a kid..

I think it's very telling that the "KoSers" are supposedly the immature, childish "kids" but 99% of the name-calling I see comes from so-called heroes calling people "assholes" or "douchebags" for "ruining the game."

I see the exact same bitching and childish name calling from the KOS/Bandit4Lyfe crowd.  These are also the same people I hear constantly shouting "f***ot" and "N****r" in-game while running around Kamyshovo shooting newspawns.

No one is better than anyone else here and there's a reason both sides have these impressions of the other.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

actually, from my experience maybe one out of ten dayz players are kids. is younger than 18.

and the most ruthless, asinine, dick ingame behaviour i ever encountered was from two very loveable, kindhearted, well-educated middle-aged men, both of whom i consider friends

internet is a crazy place.

Edited by e47
  • Like 2

Okay, someone explain this to me:

Why am I a douchebag/asshole/cocksucker/fuckstick/prick/cunt/jerk/idiot/moron/kid if I kill you in a video game? Would you rather be my friend? Do you want me to come to your [not yet implemented] camp and sit around a portable gas lamp telling each other stories about the zombie-sound-making rabbit we saw on our tour around Green Mountain?

Like fuck, guys, c'mon. 

There.

Is.

Currently.

Nothing.

Else.

To.

Do.

In.

The.

Game.

But.

PVP.

If there is, PLEASE FUCKING EXPLAIN IT TO ME.

I don't know what's worse, the ones whining about KOS or the ones shoving the fact that this game is still an alpha down everyone's throat.

// takes a long, deep breath //

Okay, I'm good. :3

• Like 2

Why am I a douchebag/asshole/cocksucker/fuckstick/prick/cunt/jerk/idiot/moron/kid if I kill you in a video game? Would you rather be my friend? Do you want me to come to your [not yet implemented] camp and sit around a portable gas lamp telling each other stories about the zombie-sound-making rabbit we saw on our tour around Green Mountain?

Like fuck, guys, c'mon. 

There.

Is.

Currently.

Nothing.

Else.

To.

Do.

In.

The.

Game.

But.

PVP.

I don't know what's worse, the ones whining about KOS or the ones shoving the fact that this game is still an alpha down everyone's throat.

Reality is there will never be anything to do besides pvp, if you lack imagination.

If you can't find anything to do besides pvp now, how are more clothing options, deadly diseases, & stamina system going to satisfy your need for direction?

There's nothing wrong with being a bandit and killing people for good reason. But, when you say there's nothing to do besides pvp, you've already missed the whole point of dayz.

• Like 2

Okay, so what do you do?

Summarize a normal gaming session.

// grabs popcorn and gets comfy //

• Like 1

Give me a break. People aren't personally insulting you, they're criticizing your behavior in-game.

They're criticizing my behavior by calling me an asshole. I'm pretty sure that's a personal insult bud.

It's sad that you guys can be such douchebags in-game, but then expect us to treat you with respect on these forums. If you dont want people calling you a douchebag, don't act like one in-game.

Totally not personally insulting at all. You're right. I feel almost loved.

Reality is there will never be anything to do besides pvp, if you lack imagination.

If you can't find anything to do besides pvp now, how are more clothing options, deadly diseases, & stamina system going to satisfy your need for direction?

How about vehicles, player structures, more weapons, ammunition types, loot spawn mechanics, more zombies with better AI to kill, etc.?

If I wanted to "use my imagination" I could just close my eyes and imagine a zombie apocalypse. I didn't pay $30 for a glorified chat room in which to imagine fun things happening. I'm waiting patiently for more game features to come online, like every reasonable player.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

Okay, so what do you do?

Maybe some people think that DayZ-Alpha is a Jogging-Simulator where you just walk around and drink/eat stuff to continue walking....

I mean, there are no zombies (maybe 40 on the whole server, at best)... so what do those guys do the whole time?

Do they loot weapons or clothing and why? To walk longer distances? No... to be able to kill other players and to defend yourself from other players.

Players don't want that fancy military camo to hide from zombies (zeds don't care)... they want to hide from players and/or ambush them.

Best weapon against a zombie is a woodsplitter or firefighter axe, guns are a waste against zeds because in the current state of the game they are not a challenge.

Still... people loot every house and search for a mosin... why? To kill other players.

There is nothing to do in the alpha aside from pvp... which makes me wonder why people moan about it.

Edited by YassirX

They're criticizing my behavior by calling me an asshole. I'm pretty sure that's a personal insult bud.

How about vehicles, player structures, more weapons, ammunition types, loot spawn mechanics, more zombies with better AI to kill, etc.?

If I wanted to "use my imagination" I could just close my eyes and imagine a zombie apocalypse. I didn't pay $30 for a glorified chat room in which to imagine fun things happening. I'm waiting patiently for more game features to come online, like every reasonable player.

Zed is winning.

// twiddles fingers with glee //

Okay, so what do you do?

I act like killing people means something. I act like it's not just a video game to be played.

What I do on a regular basis is just survive, walk around the map, find the best loot, talk to people, help others survive, run from bandits, get shot in the head.

For me, pvp is always just an option. It's always there if I need to use it. It's never the focus on my game. It's similar to how people carry guns in the USA, they're not out to kill everyone they don't like or feel threatened by, it's only a last resort.

I'm not really saying your pvp focused gaming is wrong. You're free to play however you want, but I feel like people who share you opinion that there's "nothing else to do but pvp" are playing the wrong game. I feel like you're wasting your time and pissing off people like me who care about killing and dying.

Why not challenge yourself? Rob people or find some new spawn and force him to rob people. Corner people and force them to play a 'game' where wrong answers get you a bullet to the leg. I mean, there's so many other interesting things to do in a sandbox environment besides putting bullets in each others heads.

• Like 2

I act like killing people means something. I act like it's not just a video game to be played.

What I do on a regular basis is just survive, walk around the map, find the best loot, talk to people, help others survive, run from bandits, get shot in the head.

For me, pvp is always just an option. It's always there if I need to use it. It's never the focus on my game. It's similar to how people carry guns in the USA, they're not out to kill everyone they don't like or feel threatened by, it's only a last resort.

I'm not really saying your pvp focused gaming is wrong. You're free to play however you want, but I feel like people who share you opinion that there's "nothing else to do but pvp" are playing the wrong game. I feel like you're wasting your time and pissing off people like me who care about killing and dying.

Why not challenge yourself? Rob people or find some new spawn and force him to rob people. Corner people and force them to play a 'game' where wrong answers get you a bullet to the leg. I mean, there's so many other interesting things to do in a sandbox environment besides putting bullets in each others heads.

I must admit, those ideas are definitely sociopathic enough to appeal to me.

Beans.

Like fuck, guys, c'mon. 

There.

Is.

Currently.

Nothing.

Else.

To.

Do.

In.

The.

Game.

But.

PVP.

First off, there are exponentially more things to do in DayZ than the "NOTHING BUT PVP" which you claim.  If you don't have the imagination and creativity to perceive that...well...I don't know what to tell ya.  Read the forums/DayZ reddit more.

Secondly, you want the forum to explain to you why you're being called a "douchebag/etc."  I don't know.  Why don't you ask the people calling you a douchebag?  I don't know you in-game.  I don't know if/why you're a douchebag.  I don't have any empirical data to make a judgement on your douchetude.

If you don't want to be called a douchebag.  Don't kill people.  If you want to kill people, someone is probably going to call you a douchebag at some point.  You can kill whoever you feel like killing.  That's your right to play the game how you want to play it...and people who want to call you a douchebag for killing them...that's their right.

What's the KoS/Bandit creed?  "Deal with it.", right?  It goes both ways.

I act like that too. That's the reason I do it. If it didn't mean something, why would I bother doing it?

You survive what? People trying to kill you. That's literally the only danger in the game right now. So basically you're saying that the only thing you accomplish in the game of note is possible only because of people trying to murder you.

Without the wanton murder, what's survival? Loot a single inland town and you have enough food to last you a month. And water is everywhere. So you survive? Seriously, big deal?

The only thing that makes survival even remotely difficult in the game right now is the "douchebags."

Walk around the map, okay. That's actually cool. Except I played the mod for about 1500 hours and the map isn't that different. Cool new buildings, yeah. I've seen them all by now.

]For me, pvp is always just an option. It's always there if I need to use it. It's never the focus on my game

Good for you! That's great. So why am I a douchebag if it's the focus of my game?

I'm not really saying your pvp focused gaming is wrong.

Yes, that's exactly what you're saying. When you call someone a "douchebag" for doing something, you are most definitely saying that what they're doing is wrong.

Why not challenge yourself? Rob people or find some new spawn and force him to rob people. Corner people and force them to play a 'game' where wrong answers get you a bullet to the leg.

So instead of murdering people, torment and torture them? That's better, I guess? Less of a douchebag if I just shoot a defenseless person in the leg so they have to bleed out for 10 minutes before they can respawn. Somehow that makes me a better person in your world.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

First off, there are exponentially more things to do in DayZ than the "NOTHING BUT PVP" which you claim.  If you don't have the imagination and creativity to perceive that...well...I don't know what to tell ya.  Read the forums/DayZ reddit more.

Secondly, you want the forum to explain to you why you're being called a "douchebag/etc."  I don't know.  Why don't you ask the people calling you a douchebag?  I don't know you in-game.  I don't know if/why you're a douchebag.  I don't have any empirical data to make a judgement on your douchetude.

If you don't want to be called a douchebag.  Don't kill people.  If you want to kill people, someone is probably going to call you a douchebag at some point.  You can kill whoever you feel like killing.  That's your right to play the game how you want to play it...and people who want to call you a douchebag for killing them...that's their right.

What's the KoS/Bandit creed?  "Deal with it.", right?  It goes both ways.

I agree with your points. I will continue killing people, they can continue to call me names.

With that being said, I give those people this:

care-bears-stare.jpg

A personal insult would be if someone said you're lacking intelligence so therefore you kill on sight. When people say KOS'ers are douchebags, that's a response to in-game actions, not you personally. You're on a game forum, we don't give a shit about YOU personally. Lighten the fuck up.

All the stuff you listed isn't going to give purpose to the game. There's no planned features for "missions" or "objectives". If you're currently struggling to find anything to do besides pvp, I don't see this game delivering anything long term that will alleviate that. The game is going to improve, but it's not going to change drastically.

Maybe some people think that DayZ-Alpha is a Jogging-Simulator where you just walk around and drink/eat stuff to continue walking....

I mean, there are no zombies (maybe 40 on the whole server, at best)... so what do those guys do the whole time?

Do they loot weapons or clothing and why? To walk longer distances? No... to be able to kill other players and to defend yourself from other players.

Players don't want that fancy military camo to hide from zombies (zeds don't care)... they want to hide from players and/or ambush them.

Best weapon against a zombie is a woodsplitter or firefighter axe, guns are a waste against zeds because in the current state of the game they are not a challenge.

Still... people loot every house and search for a mosin... why? To kill other players.

There is nothing to do in the alpha aside from pvp... which makes me wonder why people moan about it.

I agree..

woot I want to run around collecting crap..lol

I am here to shoot your dumb as and take all your stuff....why?    BECAUSE I CAN!!!

now I know that there are people that like to cry about bambi killers...well....STOP RUNNING DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN ROAD IF YOU WANT TO LIVE.

I agree..

woot I want to run around collecting crap..lol

I am here to shoot your dumb as and take all your stuff....why?    BECAUSE I CAN!!!

now I know that there are people that like to cry about bambi killers...well....STOP RUNNING DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN ROAD IF YOU WANT TO LIVE.

Yeah. A lot of people view this game like it's Farmville or something.

I guess they added the M4A1 to save us from circling around zeds punching them to death with our fists. That saves time. Which lets me search for more beans. And, uh... yeah.

I don't really want a game that forces me to make up interesting scenarios in order to keep playing it. That's like someone selling you a half-knitted sweater and telling you to figure out how not to freeze to death.

I have fun using what's currently in the game by killing people. It's not wrong.

#h8rsgunnah8

I act like that too. That's the reason I do it. If it didn't mean something, why would I bother doing it?

You survive what? People trying to kill you. That's literally the only danger in the game right now. So basically you're saying that the only thing you accomplish in the game of note is possible only because of people trying to murder you.

Without the wanton murder, what's survival? Loot a single inland town and you have enough food to last you a month. And water is everywhere. So you survive? Seriously, big deal?

The only thing that makes survival even remotely difficult in the game right now is the "douchebags."

Walk around the map, okay. That's actually cool. Except I played the mod for about 1500 hours and the map isn't that different. Cool new buildings, yeah. I've seen them all by now.

Good for you! That's great. So why am I a douchebag if it's the focus of my game?

Yes, that's exactly what you're saying. When you call someone a "douchebag" for doing something, you are most definitely saying that what they're doing is wrong.

So instead of murdering people, torment and torture them? That's better, I guess? Less of a douchebag if I just shoot a defenseless person in the leg so they have to bleed out for 10 minutes before they can respawn. Somehow that makes me a better person in your world.

I was responding to Grimey, I'm not going to respond to your critiques of my gameplay. I have fun, that's all that matters, he asked, so I answered.

I will say that while I might call someone a douchebag for killing on sight, I don't think they're actually wrong, I just think they're playing another game than me. I think they're looking to get a reaction out of people, so in my opinion they're a douchebag.

I'd rather be tormented and tortured than have the "You are dead" screen pop up instantly. I don't understand how that's confusing to you. It's like a hollywood movie, they always draw out the deaths of main characters, they never just put a bullet in his head at the first opportunity. While it might be realistic to kill people on sight, this isn't real life, and people respawn, so it's more fun for me to have drawn out deaths.

Yeah. A lot of people view this game like it's Farmville or something.

Why is it either farmville or call of duty deathmatch to you? Why do people have to devote themselves to killing other players? Can't they just decide on the fly how they want to play at that given moment according the situation?

For the most part I am the most friendly player who wouldn't hurt a soul. Until it comes time to throw down, at which time bandits hit the floor faster than my spent shells. To me, that's the beauty of DayZ, the ability to go from one extreme to another, like real life.

Edited by bad_mojo

Oh God, I can't wait for the weapons to get fewer and fewer and if they manage to prevent server hopping the taste of victory will be soooo sweet. No more server hoppers gearing up getting to the beach to shoot helpless newspawns because if the die they actually have to work to get their gear up again. Yeah I look forward to this day with great joy... ^_^

Edited by CrniVarg

But you should only KOS if they have a gun. Killing a fresh spawn is just down right cold. 

Yeah, in a zombie infested land, it just don't make no sense for peeps to be carrying protection in the form of a gun. No sense.

Are you the bleeper who keeps harassing Dean on his twitter account? If you need to stop that. You do not understand how long it takes to program/bugfix games. You should also prepare for the game to take much MUCH longer than a year to complete. You paid for the equivalent of 2 IMAX movie tickets for this game alpha test, despite it providing you with a crap load more entertainment than a two hour movie.

Edited by Thane

I play the game however the hell I want. This is what I paid for. I always KoS everyone who's not on TS with me.

Am I kid? How about you? Calling yourself mature because you do not kill on sigh in video game? Listen to yourself  :lol:

Be better than me and snipe my ass before I'll snipe yours.

Edited by George Fatality
  • Like 1

I play the game however the hell I want. This is what I paid for. I always KoS everyone who's not on TS with me.

Am I kid? How about you? Calling yourself mature because you do not kill on sigh in video game? Listen to yourself  :lol:

Be better than me and snipe my ass before I'll snipe yours.

Enjoy it while you can ;)