Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jizz

Looking for HELP.. Serious replies only PLEASE

I hate to be a broken record, but I'm hoping there's something I can try.

I was in a server that I don't normally use, it had a decent enough ping and I'm travelling from the far NE all the way south so I can link up with a friend of mine tonight.  I'm at work, so naturally I got interrupted and had to sign-out.  About 10 minutes later I got back in, but this time went to a server under my favorites.  When I got in i couldn't put anything into my hands and doors wouldn't work.  I waited about 5 minutes, still nothing.. a few yellow-link notifications later I gave up.  Tried to get back into the same server, and now it says unable to connect.  I try another server AAAAANNND Bam... ocean waves; I'm on the beach. Total reset.    :facepalm:

Now this isn't the first time I've been through this, normally if go back to the server I was in, my character is back, and I'm probably done playing for the night.  This time, I tried that second server, and it still says "Unable to Connect" and the first server was a total mystery to me.  Either way, I've tried a few different ones now and I can't seem to get my character to load from the central hive.  Am I screwed?? Is there some sort of punishment system built in because it looked like I was hopping servers?

Part of my issue is that I'm often playing over a WiMax (4G) wifi connection and some servers can get a little squirrelly. Is there a best practice or a time frame for safe server-changes??

I'm really disappointed and might hang up my gloves for a while if I'm really reset. 

Yes you are screwed. There are some servers that will mess up your syncing with the hive, meaning your character will reset.

Just take this opportunity to start favoriting servers. have at least 10 or so and you'll be fine. We wouldn't want another case like this now do we?

• Like 1

There're some abusing admin options too, and it's in the same category as cheating or hacking.

It happend to me earlier in one of the private servers - so I usually play on official servers.

-Ori

Unfortunately this is just something that's happened once they released the separate shards for hardcore and regular.  They'll sort it out eventually. 

the real question here is where do i apply to a job I can play DayZ at?

LoL. I bought a rather unassuming Lenovo Y500P with an SLI GPU inside.. I have an office, so as long and I'm alert it just looks like I'm working.  Cursing a reset character almost blew my cover though...  ;)

• Like 1

start favoriting servers.

yeah man. that's the key. find ones that work well for you and stick to them.

Try and stick to the official Public servers i.e. x-YYY w/ YYY < 100. These usually have default configs. Numbers greater than that are usually privately funded, and even if the admin isn't trying to intentially do anything funky, a small slip up in the configs can screw you over.