Hexxalot

Gamemodes

Gamemodes  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are gamemodes something you'd like to see?

• Yes.
    • No.

How does everyone feel about different gamemodes? By this i mean basic team deathmatch modes, or capture the flag, or even some kind of infection mode?

How does everyone feel about different gamemodes? By this i mean basic team deathmatch modes, or capture the flag, or even some kind of infection mode?

Wat? No! This is not the game for that!

• Like 3

No set gamemodes. Ever.
If you want some sort of gamemode, set it up with some people and just...do it. It's a free and open world.

Great idea, I could think of so many modes that would be awesome. Just take som inspiration from other FPS games.

And to the naysayers, please remember that this suggestion will not be forced upon you or change the fundemental game. But as an ADDITIONAL gameplay, this is also well within what Redwolf says about free will 'n such

...do it. It's a free and open world.

this will add entertainment value to the game when you get tired of wacking newbies in elektra

We have the gamemode we need:

Sandbox

If you want gamemodes, arrange the "games" yourself, right here on the forums.
Arrange a CTF tournament, make an ingame item the "flag" and recruit people to compede in such a competition.
DayZ isnt a game, where gamemodes will fit in.

We the players are suppose to arrange theese things ourselves, exactly like we did in the mod.
So if you want a deathmatch, go arrange one, if you want any other kind of gamemode or competition, arrange it on the forums and find people, who will gladly perticipate :)

But please dont turn this game into something its not, the "true spirit" of DayZ, is being able to do what ever you want, when ever you want, hence sandbox is more then enough.
Im having a hard time understanding why you need the devs to do this for you, when you have all the tools, right in the palm of your hand :) Use them and make something awsome.

Let me give examples:
I remember competing in a rally tournament, drive from one end of Chernarus to the other. We found drivers, co drivers and bandits to make it more interesting, it was so cool and people had tons of fun.

I also remember having a "save the sick guy" challenge, where you where either on the medic or the assasin team, and you had to find this one guy, somewhere in Chernarus, who was sick.
So either you cured him and brought him a specific place (medic) or you killed him and made sure he could not tell his secrets (assasins).

Think outside the box guys, this is exactly what DayZ is about :D

NOT forced gamemodes, the dev's has enough to do, dont make them do this tbh, we dont need it.

Edited by Byrgesen

I love how all the replies against this ideas are only "No this other game already did that" why aren't you looking at for what it could be for this game instead of what it already did for another game?

I love how all the replies against this ideas are only "No this other game already did that" why aren't you looking at for what it could be for this game instead of what it already did for another game?

They're comparing it to other games which are mindless shooters, with no depth, story, progression, or challenge.

DayZ is the opposite of that.

Hense the clear opposition against the rather poor idea of game modes.

• Like 2

What have you been smoking? TvT Deathmatch! Capture the Flag! How in god's name do you even think they'd fit into the DayZ world?

No OP, dayz is not that kind of game. 

it doesn't matter if you think it would make the game better, it's just not that kind of game. 

Edited by Capo

No OP, dayz is not that kind of game. 

it doesn't matter if you think it would make the game better, it's just not that kind of game.

This. It's a sandbox game and the players make of it what they choose. Nothing more, nothing less.

Capture the flag. Honestly, I despair sometimes. :rolleyes:

Edited by Monkfish

Well once modding is allowed in the SA then who knows you may get "Cherno Deathmatch" or "Capture the Green Mountain flag", but i for one will be happy to continue with the Vanilla SA.

I want the "die on the ladder" gamemode.

The winner is the one who glitches on a ladder and dies more times in 10 minutes.

You can play only in Elektro.

People fist fighting eachother to get on a ladder!!

I don't think this game needs new game modes, as the core of this game is what appeals to everyone. but fresh ideas would be nice.

But I love the hypocrisy in how everyone is saying "No!" and "think outside the box!" at the same time.

to the OP, Just set up some servers and set your own rules, (ie PvE only, etc)

However now that I think about it, a game mode where zombies were absolutely overrunning Cherno as you escaped or something could be fun. Watching the towns burn during it's outbreak as such could be refreshing as some expansion a couple years down the road.

For these purposes I play Arma 2.

Shooting??? I thought that Dayz was running a marathon game.