Sign in to follow this  
kovie20@gmail.com

NWAF Tents

I searched the forums for an answer and didn't see one, so I figure i'll ask. I normally spawn near the coast and gear up at balota airfield / army barracks and generally camp around w/ buddies trying to help newbies along the coast. Recently I thought to myself, why not go up north to NWAF and see how much gear spawns there. I make my way up there to find the few barracks/ATC towers/Firestations have gear, however none of the tents to the far NW of the airfield had gear in them. Sorely dissapointed. Has anyone else seen this issue? I looked on 3 different servers as well no gear.

• Like 1

I looked on 3 different servers as well no gear.

Shouldn't do that - it's considered serverhopping and is a bad thing. ;)

I haven't been up there myself, but I have heard the loot was nerfed, as it was too much.

I haven't been up there myself, but I have heard the loot was nerfed, as it was too much.

What are you my mother :P

Those tents no longer spawn equipment; some say it is a glitch, others say it was for balancing.

Balancing? Whats the point of going to NWAF then?

Yep they're emtpy now all tents are. Probably has something to do with the strain with the new loot locations and extra zombies. I miss it though. Liked having a goal area to make it towards when playing.

Edited by commanderbash

Yep they're emtpy now all tents are. Probably has something to do with the strain with the new loot locations and extra zombies. I miss it though. Liked having a goal area to make it towards when playing.

Yeah I know what you mean. In the mod where zombies are remotely deadly(As well as running into a handful of bandits on theway), making it to NWAF was a challenge but well worth it due to the high tier loot drops. I understand balota has the same loot as NWAF but idk just seems pointless and broken now. Probably wont go up that way until they add loot respawns in the tents again.

I searched the forums for an answer and didn't see one

There is no way lol xD there are like 12 threads that answer your question sir :P

• Like 3

There is no way lol xD there are like 12 threads that answer your question sir :P

I looked through the first handful maybe 5 or so and didn't have an answer. I apologize good sir.

I looked through the first handful maybe 5 or so and didn't have an answer. I apologize good sir.

ha no need to apologize man, just givin' ya a hard time :P

• Like 1

It's ridiculous, the tents should be the best place to find army clothing really if not weapons.

• Like 1

there's still spwaning loot but not in the tents... :P

Thank you sir.

It's ridiculous, the tents should be the best place to find army clothing really if not weapons.

At this point in the game w/o loot respawning the idea of not having any loot the 2 dozen tents that are there is mind blowing to me.

I played this weekend for a few hours, I did not mind rynning around for kit once I jad my trusty axe. After that looking for loot was a hard task. Refreshed server and limited items.

But this will not be the final build. There is future hope.

Those tents no longer spawn equipment; some say it is a glitch, others say it was for balancing.

Cause.. changes don't need to be in the change log. Removing a whole area of spawns ain't balancing. It's making a part of map useless. I go towards the glitch part - cause removing A WHOLE SPAWN area is like very bad balancing decision.  If they wanted to balance, cut down on spawn rates of weapons,ammo,attachments and increase something else in those areas but not disable everything in them. 

• Like 3

Not nerfed. Removed completely

Not nerfed. Removed completely

We need a word for "Removed completely" that has the word "Nerf" in it :P

MMMMMMMEGA-NERF

NERF

NERF

NERF

NERF

• Like 5

I'm the first one who flames hoppers, but in this case, he just checked it for bugs. 

I'm the first one who flames hoppers, but in this case, he just checked it for bugs. 

So it's safe to say you're out server hopping flamer first response fast action team? :D

Sir, I'm going to need your contact information.

Imoh ist fine to remove a certain area from spawning loot. Finetune / Balance Comes way later.

Loot still spawns in those tents on "Hell in a Handbasket" AU hardcore server. Try it for yourself if you don't believe me :)

So is that server a so called fixed one? and all others broken? I'll let you be the judge. 

p.s. Don't start hot spawning there you bastards!

I don't know if it still applies after the last update, but before that, only tents set on a ground spawned loot. Ones with wooden floor didn't.

I don't know if it still applies after the last update, but before that, only tents set on a ground spawned loot. Ones with wooden floor didn't.

....the ones with the wooden floors...

...huh? do you mean the camo netted tents with the ladder in them?

Its always been like that, tents w/ wooden floors have never spawned gear/loot/weapons. I checked both for good measure though.

Hell, it may even be cool if they released a different patch every couple weeks switching up where the good stuff spawns at. i mean granted we have no absolute idea what the future loot system will be like yet, but that could add a nice dynamic to the gameplay. You may be at NE airfield thinkin you have awesome lewtz, and this one day you log in after a patch and you have to hoof it to the prison military complex down by Pavlovo xD Idk i think that'd be kind of interesting

• Like 1