maybenexttime

Small Safe town

I think it would be nice to have one small safe town near the spawn area, where players can chill or trade. Just a small location, maybe have npc soldiers guard it.

Well I know most of you might say no but I couldn't help think about it. Or I suppose we can still drop trust trade.

Maybe you should try getting some people together and play on a server often and make one of these yourself.

Maybe you should try getting some people together and play on a server often and make one of these yourself.

Possible I suppose once the game updates so we can start making camps.

No camps thats my territory

yeah but i like y our original location. main reason is to have legitimate trades since some gun attachment parts are other gear are rare.

This idea is exploitable in 32485239 different ways.

This idea is exploitable in 32485239 different ways.

...And also defies the point of DayZ. Nowhere is safe unless you make it so.

• Like 1

I think it really adds to the immersion, I can already see people stepping over the border to the safe zone and talking in direct "Now you can hit me" step back in "Now you can't".

• Like 1

This has been suggested before and was promptly shot down.

Once all of the loot is in, a trading spot may well develop by virtue of an area being popular with players who want to trade. This spot will likely be a central location with good access, so probably Stary Sobor or something in that area. It will be self-policed by the players and I expect gun fights would be frequent and deadly, but that's to be expected in such tense times.

TL;DR:

I always felt this game needed somethign like these. No NPCs or anything, and not even actually safe. Just the feeling of it.

Like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Cordon camp. it feels safe, but it's only guarded by low level NPCs, and can be raided by mutants, bandits, or military at any moment. it's just the illusion that it's safe that makes it important. 

Think of the rest areas in the wild west. You can rent rooms, take a bath, and trade goods. But they were always under the threat of robbery or worse by bandits. That's how I feel this would be. No NPCs to deal with, no guards except done by players, and it would be a perfect spot for fresh spawns and new players to meet up. Of course, also a good place for bandits to find their victims.

safe places wont work, they will only attract camper bandits. people is hiding right outside the place,m one a player leaves they'll get shot and looted. So safe spots is out of the question. However, it would be cool of players can build a fort, kind of like the cavalry had agains the Indians. A wall made out of log surounding their structions with plattfors to look over and a gate to let people in and out. This could be a semi-safe place, hard to get in but not impossible

^that's pretty much what I imagined it would be like. Doesn't stop a sniper bullet as you walk out or bandit from camping outside, but maybe if you walked out with a group they would hesitate.

No, people can band together and make their own Idyllic Andrew Ryan Wetdream, but making all the players magically docile in an arbitrary space...

Would you kindly not shoot other human beings in Elektro...

I'd be down for making a little trading post but I would definitly expect to get shot at ALL the time. You would need HUGE walls so snipers couldn't see.

Awesome idea, safe zone for trading and chilling/spawning. Meeting new people to go hunting loot with

Alot of ney-sayers troll these forums, feels like they are lobbying against all suggestions period. Maybe they are bandits that don't want their prey to have safezones?

A church. It only has one way in or out. Two players to guard the door and search players who enter. Someone by the door advertising the trading post over voip with rules. That could work if ghosting could be eliminated. You'd need a large crew of maybe 8 to 10 people to police it and protect against attacks.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Awesome idea, safe zone for trading and chilling/spawning. Meeting new people to go hunting loot with

Alot of ney-sayers troll these forums, feels like they are lobbying against all suggestions period. Maybe they are bandits that don't want their prey to have safezones?

I say go for it. Make my PvP even easier.

And a lot of people post suggestions that are poorly thought out and/or massively game breaking/against the whole ethos of DayZ (which is a harsh and unforgiving place, not some holiday camp for Bambis (or anyone, for that matter) to have an easy ride). Maybe the 'naysayers' are people with a modicum of sense about them that can take a suggestion and consider all of its virtues and pitfalls, and then decide whether it should be included or not based on their deductions?

Safezones? In DayZ? Fuck no. And that's not because I'm a bandit (quite the opposite, in fact), a troll or whatever other label you choose to append to me because I hold a differing opinion. It's because I can be rational, consider suggestions from all sides and weigh up how it would affect the gameplay/balance/whatever.

DayZ + safezones = shit idea. So, again;

Honestly, if you don't have baboling idiots running as the police force, you should  be fine lol. I would like to make a small town. A peaceful one, something that hasnt been made in DayZ. But you would have to wait till base building is done.

And a lot of people post suggestions that are poorly thought out and/or massively game breaking/against the whole ethos of DayZ (which is a harsh and unforgiving place, not some holiday camp for Bambis (or anyone, for that matter) to have an easy ride). Maybe the 'naysayers' are people with a modicum of sense about them that can take a suggestion and consider all of its virtues and pitfalls, and then decide whether it should be included or not based on their deductions?

Safezones? In DayZ? Fuck no. And that's not because I'm a bandit (quite the opposite, in fact), a troll or whatever other label you choose to append to me because I hold a differing opinion. It's because I can be rational, consider suggestions from all sides and weigh up how it would affect the gameplay/balance/whatever.

DayZ + safezones = shit idea. So, again;

TLDR; it's a suggestion you don't need to agree with it. But it may still be a valid idea.

Looking for a safe stance on abortion? me neither

Hello there

The only sort of safe zone I would approve of  at this stage is perhaps a village or small hamlet which the zeds mostly keep away from, so the only threat is people.

As the game progresses Im sure we will see more buildable/placeable stuff with which this also could be achieved.

The point of the game is to have the world player driven and at the moment there is no need to cooperate to survive as in the real world. Once more elements are in you will start to see communities spring up. 

Rgds

LoK

Bring your friends together on a server and create a "safe" place tbh.
It should not be forced upon us, we should make it ourselves, not the devs.

Let me give an example:
In the mod, i hosted a server.
We had a "Refugee Camp" located on the coast, and this was a "safe place" for new spawn to come and get supplies.
We drove around and gathered supplies for said camp, and we defended it against scumbag bandits, trying to steal the supplies from us.
There where no rule about it being a safe place, no NO SHOOTING or anything like that, we simply made it safe (the admins and friends)

This is what DayZ is all about, this is how you make a "safe place" and this is what you should be doing right now, if you want a safe zone :)
The devs have more then enough on theyre hands, they should not do things we players are ment to do.

This is my personal oppinion, and i understand some people dont agree, but this is what the game is for me.

Complete freedom, to do or dont do, what ever you want, without the devs forcing stuff upon us :)

• Like 1

I feel it's too early right now to foresee how things are going to work in this direction.

Rocket's proposed radio's/walkie-talkies, underground base building and vehicles will all have a major impact on the way the game pans out for players. If players have access to radio's (map-wide transmission/reception) then clans will grow much quicker on the map. It will also be possible for players then to create safezones of their own and put out invitations for wandering survivors to seek out their base and join them.

In that kind of scenario, a radio will become that 28-days later life-line for small groups/lone-wolfs looking to find security and other friendly survivors.

Once base building/tents come into the game there will be a reason for players to remain on a specific server, once that happens people start forming real, long-term relationships with other players frequenting their server - trust and allegiances develop - even a lone-wolf might have a group he has helped to call on for aid. Once these relationships begin to form players can begin to create and share their own unique scenario's and bring other players in to help maintain them. At the moment that whole area is stifled by the fact that players can't communicate and everyone's 'just passing through' - Relationships currently existing between players are generally formed outside of the game and 'imported'.

One very important thing in all this is the fact that many players are currently experiencing DayZ for the first time - they're still completely taken up with navigating, learning to survive, travel in relative safety etc. After a year or so's play that stuff will be out of the way and simple banditry etc. will begin to get a bit tedious. Then, hopefully, as I experienced on a couple of DayZ epoch servers, you'll start to see some really interesting stuff happening - teams creating their own, independent rules and missions, new games 'within the game' that other players can experience... There are so many new players struggling with the whole thing right now that even if you could communicate a new idea, building a safezone etc... Many simply wouldn't be interested. 

I do hope, personally, that this aspect of the game is encouraged through future content additions. It's what the DayZ Epoch mod broke ground in and, for me, it created a far more dynamic, involving play style.

Edited by Harmonica
  • Like 1