rydekk

The CCSD (Chernarian Creepy Stuff Department) Needs investigators for the Radio transmission mystery.

Are these radio towers in Arma 2? If they are in Arma 2 it's pointless trying to find a pattern between them since they're simply a port.

Hahahaha, this is exteamly true.

Its an android app. Yeah your running was as loud as the morse. I tried the first transmission posted on this thread and it was nonsense too, (even without the girls voice). So maybe yours was a load or crap as well?

Maybe it doesn't mean anything.

I don't have access to the morse code app, but perhaps you could replicate the beeps for the app. There must be a morse code generator out there. Replicate the beeps for the app and... would that work?

I've just tested the app with a morse code vid on you tube and it works but it's super sensitive.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jfedor.morsecode&hl=en

So if folk get a transmission minimize all sound if possible mainly running, running really kills it.  Plz find cover and hit prone and keep recording.

Just want to bump this free app. The Morse code at the mo is really fast and I'm not sure how you would do it manually.

Great ground rules Crazykage :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Are these radio towers in Arma 2? If they are in Arma 2 it's pointless trying to find a pattern between them since they're simply a port.

Some are from arma 2 but there's a lot of new radio towers that are not.

I was wondering before why they have added them so much but after reading this topic it makes sence.

Has anyone tried if these transmit any messages?

Edited by K120
  • Like 1

Very very interesting and creepy stuff indeed!

L-Hue

Anyone good with morse code?

So I just received my second transmittion as I was approaching Elektro from the northern woods.

I was running with my transmitter on while this happend... (excuse the quality)

This was however on the name dropped server "Civil Warriors". At around 19:45 server time and about 20 players on the server.

Ok tell us which server, what time and frequency?

lets set down some basic ground rules for the investigation:

If you manage to detect a signal:

At all times, exercise caution. You cant help the investigation if you are dead (at least, until you gear up again). Every action you take will be a risk. Those who are able to record should be especially careful, as crucial information could be lost if you die.

STEP 1: STOP and press "P" and take a screenshot of the player list if you are not recording. If you are recording, simply press "P" to show the list in the video.

STEP 2: If you are recording, proceed to move towards the signal until you can hear the broadcast clearly and there is less static. Then STOP in the safest place you can quickly find, and record the entire event. If you are NOT recording, proceed as far as possible towards the transmission, getting closer as it comes in more clearly. Try as best as possible to find the source of the transmission, or at the least, its general area.

STEP 3: When the transmission ends, press "P" and take a second screenshot of the player list, or if you are recording, once again show it in the video.

STEP 4: When appropriate and/or safe, return here and fill out a "STRIP" report:

S: Server Name

T: Time of day (server time)

R: Recordings (if applicable)

I: Information (Location and direction of movement when broadcast is detected, any players you spot and their movements, etc. Especially important section for those that do not have recordings)

P: Player list (before and after)

Rydekk, I would recommend copying and pasting this to the first post in the thread, so that it gets better exposure.

Also go to Configure and set Voip to max Settings

This is 3 images from the North West corner of the map, as you all can see, there is not much, maybe something planned for adding later??

GL4Tgaz.jpg?1

V2rJz7w.jpg?1

AiPlTX8.jpg?1

• Like 1

This is 3 images from the North West corner of the map, as you all can see, there is not much, maybe something planned for adding later??

GL4Tgaz.jpg?1

V2rJz7w.jpg?1

AiPlTX8.jpg?1

Perhaps, but is this related to the transmissions?

ok guys no one will probably believe me and i will be flamed probably but here it goes.its not related to green mountain transmissions specificly.

me and my buddy was in a highly populated server( dont knw which one) and we were in the woods deep north of cherno. we came across to a little village. which does not show up in the map.(probably cuz its so small) since we were in a full server we were a little tense. we were going really slow. i have no walkie talkies on me by the way. suddenly i heard a crystal clear voice . a woman. speaking english. it was from a movie or tv show probably from the 1950's and the woman was speaking about something to someone.(more like giving advices about relation ships.it was like soap opera scene probably. i was like wtf?! then i thought someone was near us and i immediatly thought he or she was messing with us before he or she shoots us. i went prone in a heartbeat and started looking every direction like a madman.my buddy said what the fuck mate are you watching videos on youtube while we play? i was so fucking confused i alt tabbed the game and look for a browser or a program in my desktop. there was nothing there.i went back to the game and the woman is speaking still. my buddy everyone will hear us put that shit down man its not funny. i told him i wasnt me but he did not believe me.so i exit the game and went back in. it was gone.

now can somebody kindly put this experience in logic and make any kind of reasoning?

no one will probably believe me. but it did happen. remember no walkie talkies on me. we were in isolated place. and no one is with us .(or someone is but we did not see anyone.if some player did this? why? and why a women speaking about her love life from a 50's tv show? also if a player near us did this. he did not shoot my buddy or did not do anything to him. i logged out and it was gone when i logged in.

this shit is getting creepy as hell.

Its possible that your friend was trolling you

With so much support coming in from all sides. We were pretty much forced to create a steam page for several reasons;

Investigations are always alone, exposing yourself trying to find a signal. The steampage would be good for people trying to find a partner to find broadcasts together.

The post here is getting messy. If you join the page, you could create a seperate post that states your theory and then people can discuss that seperately. Don't worry, me and Kage will be monitoring the discussions daily. So no theory will not be unchecked by us!

When you want to join the CCSD steam page. You'll officially be part of the group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ccsd11

For applying, send us your steamname below. Applying may take a while.

Edited by rydekk
  • Like 1

Ok tell us which server, what time and frequency?

As you can see in my post it was on the name dropped server "Civil Warriors".

Server time was about 19:45 (you can see in the video that it's not quite dark yet).

Frequency was 87.8.

Edited by bjurrsson

Thanks Rydekk, but I have to say a few things as well...

"I" created the group, so it is "mine", however I want to emphasize that although there are some BASIC rules that will be enforced,  and although myself and Rydekk maintain administrative authority within the group, we (myself and rydekk) and any other "LEADERS" that may be created serve ONLY as administrators and rule enforcers. At no time will we or any other "leader" (admin) be allowed to issue orders or demands to other members. At this table, which is round, we are all equals.

So come on in, and let us coordinate and communicate our way to the truth!

EDIT: The rules I spoke of. Nothing unreasonable.

Rules and Regulations

We are all here to have fun. Follow these simple rules, and we will all get along.

!: No leader or officer of the group can GIVE ORDERS to other members. They are only administrators. We are all equals here.

2. Be courteous and respectfull to fellow members. This is an adult group, therefore adult language should be expected. However, racial, homosexual, or religous slurs and insults will NOT be tollerated.

3. NO TROLLS. If you are working with another member on an investigation, you may not kill them for the lulz. This is a banable offense. You CAN however take a break from your investigative efforts at any time, at which time you and everyone else is fair game. However, using group comms or forums to gain intel on the wearabouts and activities of members to kill, maim, troll, or otherwise sabotage them, is a bannable offense.

4. Have fun.

THESE RULES MAY BE UPDATED, CHANGED, IMPROVED, OR ADDED TO AT ANY TIME AS NEED REQUIRES. IF SO, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED TO CHECK THEM.

There are no requirements or expectations on memeber play time or presence. Play when you can, when you feel like it, and if you feel like doing it with us. At no time will any member be kicked due to inactivity.

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 3

Not sure if we are still interested in Radio Transmitters but here's another one.130, 093 North West of Solni off the coast. Will post on the SteamForum later.

3AHKjfp.jpg

An updated version of radio towers map thanks to Jonah_Hobbes

tt5bxdteapvnocjxfi9.png

Edited by Prezonaftis
  • Like 1

Hey looks awesome, I reckon there are still a few more out there. Off to bed.

Can I get an add on steam please? kuma8877

Thanks rydekk and Crazykage for keeping things organized and setting up some basic rules of investigation. We are investigating a humongous crime scene, and your rules will help us sort fact from fiction.

Anyone good with morse code?

So I just received my second transmittion as I was approaching Elektro from the northern woods.

I was running with my transmitter on while this happend... (excuse the quality)

This was however on the name dropped server "Civil Warriors". At around 19:45 server time and about 20 players on the server.

Why have you started the record, before there was any signal?

GL4Tgaz.jpg?1

V2rJz7w.jpg?1

AiPlTX8.jpg?1

Thanks for getting these pics. That almost looks like the beginning of a new military base. With a tarmac.... the mystery continues!

Why have you started the record, before there was any signal?

Because I started recording while running from Balota airfield. I have about 20 mins worth of video prior to this clip, but thats just me running in the woods. No point including that.