papazombie

no more alphas for me

If you're complaining solely on the Zombie AI and the numbers, I have no pity for you. You can't just fix it overnight, there's so many variables that have to be added in, revised, edited, repeat. I give them till 4th of July (since it's closer to their promise of 2015) to have things running a bit better. It's your choice to leave, but if things go as planned you'll be missing out quite a bit. Now go to Infestation, then you'll see how much potential this game really has. Good luck on your journey - kind of.

People need to read  more.

*Snip* sorry..fixed that for you. ;)

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

*Snip* sorry..fixed that for you. ;)

Rofl thx for the laugh mate ;)

You are so right here hehe

• Like 1

People are not 'dumb', but a lot of people don't know what an alpha or beta is all about in details.

Brief; an alpha is a very early stage of the game development. 

When people paid for BF4, they expect a game without glitches, bugs, and errors with the amount of money it cost to be a premium member for instance.

-Ori

Edited by Ori42

People are not 'dumb', but a lot of people don't know what an alpha or beta is all about in details.

Brief; an alpha is a very early stage of the game development. 

When people paid for BF4, they expect a game without glitches, bugs, and errors for the amount of money it cost

to be a premium member for instance.

-Ori

Im sorry mate, but after working with different kinds of people for many years and having followed the evolution of the Internet, i can conclude:

The average person is dumb as **** :(

Its sad but omg its so true.

You and i may know what software release cycle means and what stages of development means, but i can promise you 80% of the entire world doesnt know this.

Its the sad truth about our "advanced" society.

This thread has so many clues to my claim tbh :)

But i have to admit, im truly excited to see what the development of DayZ brings to the video gaming world :)

Both in terms of concepts, but also in terms of influense.

Actually me and all my friends bought the game because we like survival Horror, zombie aspect of the game idea... NOT to pvp, there are far better pvp games out than this... The op is right in his worry about the zombies, this games biggest selling point and  i bet 80%+ of people that bought the game, bought it for the zombies, I think you'll find your in the vast minority that bought it to kill players as a first objective...

If they can afford say a 30 man dev team, then atleast the majority of the resources should be put into fixing the code for the zombies and for performance/stability (adding more), Least amount of resources should be put into new gear and guns and all that jazz...

Right now the only thing you have to survive is being KOS by some geared up trigger happy 16 year old....the op isn't complaining about lack of content/updates for the zombies if it takes a  few months even years so be it, he just wants the zombies to be the priority, as do most of the people that bought the game.....

+1

The game is barely 1 month old, if you don`t have this degree of patience then the world must be a harsh place for you my friend. 

Just let them leave, less flamers will only improve our gaming experience :lol:

Most points they are arguing about (performance, lag, ...) have been talked about and explained 100x times in this forum. 

So... BYE BYE and thanks for the donation!!!  :)

Actually me and all my friends bought the game because we like survival Horror, zombie aspect of the game idea... NOT to pvp, there are far better pvp games out than this... The op is right in his worry about the zombies, this games biggest selling point and  i bet 80%+ of people that bought the game, bought it for the zombies, I think you'll find your in the vast minority that bought it to kill players as a first objective...

If they can afford say a 30 man dev team, then atleast the majority of the resources should be put into fixing the code for the zombies and for performance/stability (adding more), Least amount of resources should be put into new gear and guns and all that jazz...

Right now the only thing you have to survive is being KOS by some geared up trigger happy 16 year old....the op isn't complaining about lack of content/updates for the zombies if it takes a  few months even years so be it, he just wants the zombies to be the priority, as do most of the people that bought the game.....

PvP is a core element of this game. That will not change. If you and your friends cannot accept that then you have all purchased the wrong game.

i bet 80%+ of people that bought the game, bought it for the zombies, I think you'll find your in the vast minority that bought it to kill players as a first objective...

Swing and a miss. You're making wild accusations about 800,000+ people. Anyone new to DayZ I would hope at least watched a Youtube video before blindly dropping 30 bucks on an alpha because "omgzzzz zambies".

Anyone not new to DayZ and played the mod knows the zombie AI was shit in the mod and is still largely pretty shitty. I knew coming in what it was and it's a survival/exploration simulation, and that whole "survival" thing encompasses both the PVP and zombie dynamics of the game. One part of that dynamic (zombies) needs some work but that is absolutely nothing new to DayZ. In fact, I personally find the zombie animations and AI to be a pretty big improvement from the mod (excluding zeds walking through walls). The game has been out for slightly longer than 30 days and people on this forum are ready to march with the torches and pitchforks. They've already said not to expect this game to be in beta before the end of 2014...it's going to be a long time before this game is all nice and shiny (if it's ever completely polished).

If you were seriously buying DayZ for the zombies you're either new and wildly misinformed, or in fact part of the "vast minority"

Edited by philadelphia collins

Why are people still complaining about this?!? You're explicitly warned not to buy the DayZ standalone if you arent prepared to help develop the game. You're told several times that this ALPHA is nowhere close to feature complete and hardly playable. Zombie AI isn't as easy a fix as all you nay sayers make it seem. They require changes to the engine. The fact that they don't zig zag and randomly run towards you is HUGE improvement over the zombies in the mod. We're still a long way out from BETA so I don't see how people aren't ECSTATIC that you can play it at all.

TL;DR: Don't bitch about the game not running right when in fact  you are told not to buy this if you're looking for a finished product.

well, this is my last alpha. I´ve been at warz before this and sadly at this moment it´s happening the same. they promise AI zombies is the first but patch after patch zombies are the great forgotten. 

The big problem with this prepaid prealphas is all players asking for things that they want to see ingame. Hardcore gamers want more pvp features and oldschool gamers more PVE improvements. Dev try to give a bit to all players and finally the game goes to no place. we never have a finish and polish game.

I expected that DAYZ wasn´t going to be like this but it takes the same road. in one month the core of the game is still the same; we have more shoes, more trousers, we can paint our mosin?!? more drinks with funny games but mothing important like a new AI zombie, a better melle combat system...

well, this is last prealpha for me  :)

How could you miss the GIANT DISCLAIMER when purchasing this game or launching it that says it's broken, it's a work in progress ... and DON'T BUY IT?!

I had a long reasoned response to the OP, but then this guy beat me to it and he says it a lot better than I could:

Edited by DJPorterNZ

The map is huge, so they should really consider to increase the amount of players pr. server.
30/40 players on this map is ridiculous.
This game was never meant to be PvE, and where did u read that?

The environmental threat is in the name of the fucking game

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Wait.. what?  Your entire post was basically the same thing.  You claim the game is about PvP above all else.  Others disagree and not everyone plays this game as a PvP deathmatch game like CoD.  If you want to that's fine - but not everybody does.

Not really, might want to read it again. I'm saying fixing zombies is not done by the people releasing other content, and that zombies take a lot more resources and time than the OP thinks. Also posted some subjective stuff which is just as subjective as his, though.

Yeah don't buy another alpha until you understand the purpose of an alpha Thank You and Bye.

• Like 1

I think its best to be very selective of taking part in any alphas/early access, for the most part you will be getting shit, and the worst of it is you will rob yourself of the enjoyment of the full release game, as you will have gotten tired of it in alpha.

I only buy into an alpha/early access game if I know exactly what i'm getting and I know that I won't spoil myself for the full game. Dayz is one of the few games that meets these criteria for me, mainly because i've already played through the mod in alpha so know what to expect.

I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet as i haven't read them all but... I does say in big capital letters on steam:

"WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING."

Therefore, you should just vent to someone irl or a priest.

The point of an ALPHA is to test the game, and to give your feedback to the developers, here on their forums, so that they may continue to develop and improve the game in a way which their playerbase and community would like. It is an open FORUM to Share your ideas on how the alpha should progress.

Spouting the warning is NOT helping the game progress. We would obviously like a zombie apocalypse survival game to be challenging and force players to co-operate against the greater zombie threat. This is the basis. Its not a PVP only game. This is the point raised. Alpha or not, forum is for feedback, so these morons quoting the alpha text really have no idea about how to feedback and develop.

The point of an ALPHA is to test the game, and to give your feedback to the developers, here on their forums, so that they may continue to develop and improve the game in a way which their playerbase and community would like. It is an open FORUM to Share your ideas on how the alpha should progress.

Spouting the warning is NOT helping the game progress. We would obviously like a zombie apocalypse survival game to be challenging and force players to co-operate against the greater zombie threat. This is the basis. Its not a PVP only game. This is the point raised. Alpha or not, forum is for feedback, so these morons quoting the alpha text really have no idea about how to feedback and develop.

It IS a PVP game. Also PVE, though. A mix of both.

It IS a PVP game. Also PVE, though. A mix of both.

No it ISN'T a pvp game, you are sadly mistaken, and that is one of the reasons most of the DAY Z Community ruins their own game.

It is a apocalypse survival game, and you can do it in any way you like. It is not specifically a PVP game. If anything, its a co-op survival game.

Also this is A FORUM. For feedback about the alpha. Don't start saying its alpha so we shouldn't give feedback.

Edited by AgentNe0

No it ISN'T a pvp game, you are sadly mistaken, and that is one of the reasons most of the DAY Z Community ruins their own game.

It is a apocalypse survival game, and you can do it in any way you like. It is not specifically a PVP game. If anything, its a co-op survival game.

Also this is A FORUM. For feedback about the alpha. Don't start saying its alpha so we shouldn't give feedback.

It can be played with a PVP focus. It can also be played as a RP platform or even a social utility app. It all depends on the player. I choose to play it co-op against the environment (well... kinda lacking in features atm, but you get the idea I hope), but anyone whos not on my group and has a weapon gets shot.

So I play it both PVE/CO-OP and PVP, and saying PVP is not for DayZ and that I'm missing out on all the social interactions etc (which I don't care for anyway), is wrong.

Also, where the hell did I say he shouldn't give any feedback? Dafuq?

Edited by Ratiasu

Hey, hey..

@op said he enjoyed alpha.. ..so don't be so cold.. ;D

-Ori

Edited by Ori42

No offence dude, but no one here gives a shit what you're gonna play or not. 

If you're interested in a game, not supporting it because a different games alpha had a shitty start is just ass backwards.