RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I don't know what it was but the other day I was running down the RR tracks and this guy runs up to me and I was like "hello friend" so he starts punching me. I empty my 15 round .45 and i think it was probably about 7 shots that hit him he was gushing blood but continued to try and punch me at this point he's telling me to run b**ch and laughing so I pull out my axe hit him at least 5 times and he's still running around laughing punching me then his buddy runs up and shoots me twice with his .45 and I'm dead....

It's counter productive to believe there isn't a problem

I've literally never seen anyone make that claim. Nobody in this thread said there wasn't a problem, and I've never seen anyone on these forums or elsewhere make that claim.

In fact, I very commonly see the opposite - people admitting that no solution is absolute and that hackers will always be present. It's an ongoing effort to keep hacking to a minimum, but to think it will ever be eliminated entirely is foolish.

During the late days of the mod, I would be impacted by hacking at least once per day. In the Standalone, I've logged over 200 hours and played every day since launch, and I haven't seen a single hacker. I'm not saying they're not out there, because they obviously are, but it's "counter productive to believe" that the steps Bohemia and the team have taken so far have not had a very noticeable and significant impact on the prevalence of hackers and hacking in DayZ.

You can put "protected" in quotes all you want, and pick your troll forum name proudly, but really don't act like you alone are aware of the issue and educating the stupid masses who are ignoring the problem. The players are aware of the problem and clearly so is Bohemia and it's very obvious that the introduction of VAC has made a huge impact on the hacking community.

• Like 1

Hackers Exsist. without a doubt. I have played around 150 hours and found a few. Mostly on High pop servers. 

They can see at night ( Confirmed by a person running through walls laughing playing Skrillex) 

Other then auto aim/ Seeing at night/ Running through walls @ super speeds)

I dont think they can do anything else. Although I have no reseached the subject I only conversed with a few of them. 

• Like 1

Hackers Exsist. without a doubt. I have played around 150 hours and found a few. Mostly on High pop servers. 

They can see at night ( Confirmed by a person running through walls laughing playing Skrillex) 

Other then auto aim/ Seeing at night/ Running through walls @ super speeds)

I dont think they can do anything else. Although I have no reseached the subject I only conversed with a few of them. 

Everyone can see at night. Its called the gamma exploit.

Apart from the external software hack, I've seen a serious issue (don't know if it's been reported here), "duping".

Some guys seam to have found a way to copy their character as a dead body and multiply their equipment by looting the dead body.

I don't know how it works, but it needs fixing as it allows these guys to equip a full team in no time using a "back-up" character...

• Like 3

There is a very common bug where a dead/unconscious person, often just spouting blood everywhere, will continue to move, lay/crouch/stand, switch weapons repeatedly, even run around. This is probably what you experienced. You/your friend shot someone gratuitously and he seemed not to die. While there are hackers and I'm not dismissing the possibility, in all likelihood it was just the aforementioned bug.

Yeah I get that, it happened on the mod too, but this guy went onto kill my friend.

He said when he hit esc. key at the you are dead screen, that he could see the guy looting his body.

I guess I'll just keep a note of that server and ignore it, I hear private hives are back? Could it be that some have some security features turned off?

What does post count have to do with anything. Theres atleast 4 hack sites providing cheats for this game within hours of a patch. Stop being retarded.

It's true that a banwave won't stop cheaters for 1-2 weeks (usually), but those "paid" hack sites aren't that good either:

i just got banned from dayz from battleeye

can i get a new steam account and buy the game again or i got banned by ip??

I did too, i bought i again, but how long did you play before you get banned?

Dude I also went BANNED, believes HACK I bought, I played for about 2 hours and already obtained BAN? I am furious with the AA because it was not notified that it was being detected HACK while I was playing, in the same day that I bought I was banned , I didn't use anything else, just the ESP.

I only player for 30 minutes then i left.... i logged in and i was global banned. So im just wondering if its safe now..

Edited by TSAndrey
  • Like 1

8 hours playtime and met 2 hackers so far. Pretty much ruined my motivation to keep playing :/

• Like 1

The script kiddies are getting hammered in SA, just watch the cheat forums. The price alone is keeping them at bay too. But raising SA to $50 a pop would help too :)

110 hrs, no hackers so far.

how D: am i just that unlucky with my 8 hours and 2 hackers?

Edited by BenTec

125 hours and only 1 hacker and 2 guys taking out PBOs. I call that a victory compared to the mod.

The only thing I've encountered thus far is being shot through a barracks wall. 

hah! i shot a guy through the ATC wall the other day, his feet were poking through while he was camping the stairs.

I'm not asking for hacks, I'm not asking how to hack.

I just shot a guy twice with buckshot to the chest/head, and he lived to hatchet me to death.

I remember my Mosin once dropped a guy, didn't kill him, but dropped him literally and he got up. (Took two shots to kill him).

Doesn't the shotgun do this too?

My friend then went on to unload 30-40 rounds into that guy, but he didn't die either. (M4)

Is there a glitch in DayZ atm where this happens, or are these hackers? Could they be admin abusers?

I also found a 300 rd ammo box with 58 rounds in each slot, 5.56, in a hospital.

So what's the hacking situation like atm in SA? Yeah yeah alpha is alpha, I just want to know how bad the hacking is. When it was bad during the mod, I stopped playing for a few months till it got better.

Are there hackers in DayZ? Yes.  Hacks include aimbots, player/item esp/radar and teleporting just to name a few.  Were you killed by a hacker?  Maybe, maybe not.  Could be lag/desync...could be a hacker.  No way to tell, just going on your account.

Seems like guys who play 50+ hours are coming across nothing, but guys with a few hours like me are coming across a few.

Could it be that hacking has become a problem recently in DayZ SA rather than from the beginning?

Seems like guys who play 50+ hours are coming across nothing, but guys with a few hours like me are coming across a few.

Could it be that hacking has become a problem recently in DayZ SA rather than from the beginning?

It's an online game. There are hackers. Just because some people claim they've never seen any doesn't mean there aren't any. In fact, DayZ discussion seems to be pretty popular on a number of hack forums. That said, it doesn't mean it's some wide spread epidemic either. AAA games like Battlefield and COD series have exponentially greater problems with hackers and proportionately less success in dealing with them, especially when they use garbage like Punkbuster. BattlEye and VAC may not be perfect but they are far superior to PB, which from my experience kicks more actual players than it bans hackers.

Ive yet to run into any hackers and I play a couple hours every couple days...So must be pretty decent at the moment, although I HAVE heard some horror stories with the teleportation hack Lol

People who are not familiar with DayZ often mistake desyncing with hackers and bugs (like the one early on where you could respawn right where you died) hacks. I bet there are some but I have not even called hacker yet in the Standalone. 

Then again the mod was at one time a blatant hackfest and I might not notice the more subtle forms of hacking like esp and aimbot (if they are even around in SA) since I am so used to the Thunder Dome. 

***script kiddies, cheaters, mongols. Don't call them hackers..

• Like 2

Well this thread went threw quite a bit. I feel that some of you are getting really defensive, telling me other games get hacked (I know this first hand), actually listing other games worse than DayZ SA, listing other forms of anti-cheats etc.

I'm not here to smeer shit on DayZ or Bohemia, I just noticed people not dying, in ways which they would have on the mod.

That said for anyone stumbling across this thread, if someone is up on your face just run as far as you can, because they may be hacking, or they may be desyncing which means that you'll not kill them.

Even if they run straight at you.

It's an online game. There are hackers. Just because some people claim they've never seen any doesn't mean there aren't any. In fact, DayZ discussion seems to be pretty popular on a number of hack forums. That said, it doesn't mean it's some wide spread epidemic either. AAA games like Battlefield and COD series have exponentially greater problems with hackers and proportionately less success in dealing with them, especially when they use garbage like Punkbuster. BattlEye and VAC may not be perfect but they are far superior to PB, which from my experience kicks more actual players than it bans hackers.

Its true. Punkbuster is more of a nuisance to legitamate players than a solution for hacking. I remember so much frustration constantly getting kicked from Americas Army because PB wouldnt authenticate. It was the downfall of that game. No one plays it anymore.

Edited by Solopopo