Sign in to follow this  
ZombieGuy23

List of games with open world maps.

I'm looking for a list of games. 

Fallout 3 (loved this game)

DayZ (it's a good game, but right now it's nice to play other games until it starts to roll along a little more into development)

Nether (this is a good game and it's in beta I believe at the time, but it has one of those dumb registration feels to the game like EA)

Anyone got any others? This has been the hardest type of game to look for in the past. 

Trying to stick to the end of the world type of games with open worlds that I can travel to any location. 

Is anyone else a huge fan of this type of gameplay? 

I'd recommend Starbound. Although it is a sidescroller and takes place in space, it is quiet fun and in-depth. There are others but they are kinda crap tbh. WarZ, 7 Days to Die, State of Decay, all terrible. Wasteland 2 is top down turn based, people say it is good but I am not so sure after watching the videos.

• Like 1

... State of Decay, all terrible.

This one knows not of what he speaks! Unvalidate in life you must.

I thought skyrim was as good as Fallout 3.  New Vegas was buggy as hell but it was good too.

"The Forest" looks like an amazing and beautiful open world survival game slated to come out this year.  I would check it out.

I'll edit if I can think of any others...

• Like 2

Rust which is fine until you see someone run then you will quit or die laughing.

Just Cause 2 not bad with multiplayer mod.

Far Cry 3...Ace game.

Driver: San Francisco, I suggest playing when drunk.

APB Reloaded retarded but fun.

theres more but I'll just throw those in.

Runescape (not that popular anymore but it was awhile back), World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (and other games in the Elder scrolls Franchise), Guild Wars Franchise,edi

I will add more by editing them in as I think of ones that haven't been mentioned

edit:

I haven't played them but i think that the Arma Series was open-world.

The Day Z Mod was open world

Edited by Timecharge

This one knows not of what he speaks! Unvalidate in life you must.

Bought the port for PC, cuse I just had to play a zombie game. Very, very poor port.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is always a good choice. in depth with following game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of pripyat (which is more awesome)

For Fallout I only recommend New Vegas... the Fallout 3 wasn't that good.

Skyrim and Oblivion series are allways some ace in the arm to play out ;)

Don't know if you like to play story oriented games like The Witcher 2 but I recommend The Witcher 2 totally (didn't like the controls of the witcher 1 the story is ok)

Castlevania is another story based game... quite interesting..

MASS EFFECT!!!! a Total must to play if you hadn't played yet!!! story awesome, game awesome... I loved the 3rd totally... WE LOVE YOU SHEPARD! :D

Of course another awesome game to play is Dragon Age....

If you would like to play adventure games then I totally suggest to play the Monkey Islands series... you will shit your pants laughing :D and sometimes you'll go crazy while trying to solve some riddle's

and the list goes on

Edited by gingatsu
  • Like 1

Played STALKER right when it came out several years ago.  Hell, I followed its development for years before that and suffered through every delay.  The game I finally was able to play wasn't quite what I thought it would be and it was a buggy mess, but it was well worth it.  There's a million mods out there for it now, so if you have the patience give it a try. 

If you like fallout then check out, Fallen Earth, Stalker, the Dead Rising series is kinda sandbox/open world, but I'd recommend it.

Altis Life for ArmA 3 is epic.

Operation Flashpoint

Arma

Arma 2

Arma 2 OA

TOH ?

DayZ Mod for Arma2

Arma 3

DayZ SA

Edited by BL1P

Prototype.

Loved the first game, the second one, not so much.

O yes with Misery Mod on  ;).

Ha, yeah, I have the game with the mod on. Too bad I cannot reach Pripyat due to the freaking last helicopter that I have to find that's inside a complex full of the fucking Snorks.

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 1

Skyrim.

The Forest.
Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Project Zomboid (MUST HAVE)

Starbound.

Minecraft.

State of Decay (Not a simulation game)