Sign in to follow this  
ZombieGuy23

List of games with open world maps.

Burnout Paradise. It's an apocalyptic world where cars became sentient and killed all the humans except for one. He calls himself "DJ Atomica" and tries to taunt the cars into destroying themselves so he can one day reclaim society.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I'm looking for a list of games. 

Fallout 3 (loved this game)

DayZ (it's a good game, but right now it's nice to play other games until it starts to roll along a little more into development)

Nether (this is a good game and it's in beta I believe at the time, but it has one of those dumb registration feels to the game like EA)

Anyone got any others? This has been the hardest type of game to look for in the past. 

Trying to stick to the end of the world type of games with open worlds that I can travel to any location. 

Is anyone else a huge fan of this type of gameplay? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Open_world_video_games

Hunter (emulator needed).

I don't even know. 

space engineers (alpha) - this takes my time for space open world maps. 

skyrim - this one seems interesting. I should check this game out. 
the forest - this is kind of what I'm looking for. It's not exactly dayz, but it's alpha as well. 

starbound 
wasteland 2 - lured me into one of the most vibrant and amazing games ever to be created then I saw game footage and realized what you said. Looks like another RPG. 
rust - looked decent, but I feel dayz will fill it's shoes. Didn't exactly see a point to buy rust and dayz. 
minecraft - space engineers 
grand theft auto - I buy this every 2 or 3 games, but it's repetitive like COD and BF. 
runescape - too many 99s. Also got bored of it in 07 ish. Started 01/02 and got about a dozen 99s. 

others I've seen or played. 

Thanks for the list. 

Gothic

Fallout 1/2 (the ones that actually weren't complete crap)

EVE Online - this game's so open you will never find out all its secrets

Edited by Awruk