duulis

Is kicking players instantly from servers allowed?

Your right its not bf where everyone is on a level playing field, its dayz where yuo have to find find the items, and if people can have a private server and loot what they want without fear of other players and resetting the server as they please then thats an unfair advantage over other people when they jump servers.

This loophole should not even exist and its quite bad when your told by the server hosts they will not do anything about it.

So you think that server hosts should enforce a rule that is not a rule?

so how would you suppose that they stay in business ?

Customer  says.. why is my server suspended...

answer is.. some guys thinks that it should be cause it's unfair he plays for free on your server and you kicked him.

customers says..  there is not a rule against kicking... that guy is making up a rule he wants enforced.

Hosing company... ummm yup you are right....

Sorry ..the customer is paying for a service... the hosting provider is providing a service that is not in violation of any rule...

Stop spamming hosting companies with your complaints that should be sent to the developer of the game.

• Like 1

So you think that server hosts should enforce a rule that is not a rule?

so how would you suppose that they stay in business ?

Customer  says.. why is my server suspended...

answer is.. some guys thinks that it should be cause it's unfair he plays for free on your server and you kicked him.

customers says..  there is not a rule against kicking... that guy is making up a rule he wants enforced.

Hosing company... ummm yup you are right....

Sorry ..the customer is paying for a service... the hosting provider is providing a service that is not in violation of any rule...

Stop spamming hosting companies with your complaints that should be sent to the developer of the game.

When a clan/server owners are kicking everyone to keep the server private which is not allowed then yes the server hoster should do something about it but i have already said this and the only reason you could be arguing it is because you must be one of these people that kick for no reason.

As for stop spamming server hosts, i already did after reporting just one server and seeing how useless it was just like its useless explaining this to you actually.

Once again you have failed to grasp thart there is no rule against kicking.

Again you failed to understand the no private servers rule like i said pointless explaining it to you as always no cure for dumb.

This sounds a lot like the locked thread:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167125-server-admins-kicking-people-or-locking-servers-for-friends-only/

Frankly, there is nothing wrong with kicking a few people to allow clan mates to enter their server while the remaining slots are filled up with pubbers. It is their cummulative donations that pays and maintains their server; thus, they have a right to play on their server. If and when reserve slots are implemented in DayZ SA, it will essentially do the same thing. This type of kicking isn't admin abuse.

However if a server admin kicks everyone that enters their server and only their clanmates and friends are the only players playing, I call that admin abuse since its essentially the same as locking the server.

Do not group all server admins the same. And to answer the thread question, "Is kicking players instantly from servers allowed?" I will say "yes" since the DayZ Standalone server rules does not forbid it. Read SA server rules here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

As long as your clan server is connected to the public hive, you have to treat your server as a public server, which means donating to such doesn't give you the right to kick other players to make room for friends and if you set up your server to kick everyone, except for the game ID's you've already approved, you've basically just turned a public server into a private play2win loot farm.

• Like 2

This entire situation is just absolute stupidity at its finest.

I don't see why servers that are connected to the public hive can't be screened beforehand and their connection to the hive simply disabled when suspected of abuse. You obviously cannot rely on the GSPs to actively shut down the servers found to be in violation when those servers are making them money. Now when a DayZ staff member says anything to a GSP service representative, they will act since possibly losing their privilage of hosting public DayZ servers would cost them even more money. If some random player reports any abusive behavior, it is not likely much action will be taken.

The GSPs cannot really be blamed though, all they care about is their money. The problem is that this game is in Alpha. The rules are vague, the game has many issues and work to be done, this is one of the many problems that have not been solved yet.

there really needs to be some sort of countdown or something for when a server is closing or you're going to be kicked.  i was just in a server, i saw everybody getting kicked while i was midway up a ladder.  tried making my way down, got kicked, joined a new server and now i have a new character.  total bull, i was loaded out with a fully modded m4 and tons of goodies and now its all gone just cuz somebody decided to kick everybody for whatever reason

the game is in alpha. get over it already. however, if you can't. there is the simple matter of renting your own server, pretty much just like the players who are kicking you have. problem solved. has any of you whiners thought about that? ..also, you are not supposed to fall in love with your gear...

• Like 2

the game is in alpha. get over it already. however, if you can't. there is the simple matter of renting your own server, pretty much just like the players who are kicking you have. problem solved. has any of you whiners thought about that? ..also, you are not supposed to fall in love with your gear...

Great idea. Ever thought that not everyone can afford to rent his own server? And we all know it is alpha, we're reporting a serious issue about the game. Actually i spend more time searching servers i can play on ("you were kicked" or "Connection failed") than actually playing. I know we're not supposed playing and yes, version number is 0.32.XY and the best we can expect is to playtest DayZ...which requires that people are able to playtest it somewhere. Even less reason to kick anyone for no reason.

Great idea. Ever thought that not everyone can afford to rent his own server? And we all know it is alpha, we're reporting a serious issue about the game. Actually i spend more time searching servers i can play on ("you were kicked" or "Connection failed") than actually playing. I know we're not supposed playing and yes, version number is 0.32.XY and the best we can expect is to playtest DayZ...which requires that people are able to playtest it somewhere. Even less reason to kick anyone for no reason.

From personal experience, you should be able to connect to the servers that give you the connection failed or confirmation of changes "restart" DayZ creates some phantom problem with the computers internet access. Once you can get a website to load, you should be able to connect to a server. It is strange, but it happens everytime I open DayZ or dc from a server and try to reconnect (at restarts). Not everyone has the problem, but from what you suggested you may also have the problem. I do not know of any solution, but it usually fixes in 5-10 minutes on its' own, network diagnostic reports that it cannot find anything wrong, but for all intents and purposes my connection to the internet is blocked. For all those naysayers that do not have the problem, you are fortunate. Half the time after a restart, the server hoppers have cleaned out before I can even reconnect.

I find this funny for this simple reason. yes it is in Alpha. But the DayZ Mod Free version had stronger rules than the current rules, set out for the stand alone that Players Are paying for to play.

Surely the paid version I.E. the standalone version should have stronger rules, set out in stone,

Than the Free Mod version, and server owners should abide by these rules or lose there server period.

It all comes down to the present rule set for the standalone and they go no where near as far as the Mod version rules did,

Hence why players are complaining, They are paying for this game to be able to play, it not free like the mod was. :rolleyes:

But I also have to stress one thing,, Rocket did say DON'T buy the game yet... because its all about bug

reporting and testing at the moment. :)

Edit.

I also hope server admins have also noted the new server rule added to the standlone server rule list.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

You can NOT kick players on joining, to loot farm or to prevent other players joining

You can kick if players are being verbally abusive or abusing ingame bugs to gain an ingame advantage.

Regards.

Edited by Faz
  • Like 1

Hey.

I tried reporting a server, that is kicking all players except clan members instantly upon joining. I got this response from the GSP:

Isn't this almost the same thing as locking the server with password?

The GSP referred me to this ruleset:

http://opm.r.mailjet.com/redirect/ctkgt2rffhnd4lwhqb6qd4/forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

GSP is vilayer.

EDIT:

And sorry, I have no idea how this got posted twice...

Maybe it's just me, but as a server admin/renter I personally refrain from kicking unless I see someone doing something shady (ghosting/combat logging/etc.).  Having said that it cracks me up to see people post on forums complaining about this sort of thing.  Here's a thought, if you don't like the server you are playing on, then don't play on it.  

Edited by DayZ Paladin

Here's a thought, if you don't like the server you are playing on, then don't play on it.  

There are no private servers yet.

The servers you rent are public and connected to the public Hive. If a server admin has set up his server to automatically kick everyone, but his friends's game ID, it takes about 5 minutes to report them. The rules are the rules and you're not allowed to rent a public server and kick everybody, so you can farm loot in total safety and then go join another full public server with the gear you secured on your PvP free server.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

"..farm loot in total safety and then go join another full public server with the gear you secured on your PvP free server."

i have a very hard time to imagine this could be any case. why subscribe for a server and play on someone else? seems stupid in my mind. have you actually got proof of this or is it simply how your mind work, to niggle up something like this?

i have a very hard time to imagine this could be any case. why subscribe for a server and play on someone else? seems stupid in my mind. have you actually got proof of this or is it simply how your mind work, to niggle up something like this?

How do you else explain servers, which are set up to automatically kick all, but you and your buddies game ID?

So you're just going to rent a server to farm all the top tier gear and ammo, to kill zombies, who never respawn?

Edited by Dallas

Unfortunatly if you pay for the server you can boot anyone at will..  Thats why your paying for the server lol...

If dayz paid for the servers and had admins then they would make the rules.

In america if you pay for the server your rules apply assuming they dont break codes like.. hacking and exploits lol

The biggest problem is, Is that those that do host the SA servers that rent them from the server providers

are not bound by the same rules, That we adhered to with the Mod version. So it is open to abuse.

Those that support Rocket and his dream and the dev's would follow the rules with out question as they know

what he wants from the game, and what DayZ is about and where it will go.

The game is in alpha, I myself admin many servers in alpha now, Rust and 7 days to die and they have the same abuse

some less than others, But the bottem line is the game its self which is still in Alpha and progressing need the backing from the server provders.

Getting a good community is what the aim should be and progressing the game, Abusive server will do nothing but be

the downfall of the game. The rules are there for a reason and responsible server owners will do there best to help DayZ progress.

Edited by Faz
  • Like 1

Unfortunatly if you pay for the server you can boot anyone at will..  Thats why your paying for the server lol...

If dayz paid for the servers and had admins then they would make the rules.

In america if you pay for the server your rules apply assuming they dont break codes like.. hacking and exploits lol

They updated the rules, You are not allowed to kick people instantly upon joining the server.

Even in Murica hosts will cut you off from the hive or shutdown your server if you break these rules because they want to keep being able to rent out DayZ servers. 

The new rule simply states, "You can NOT kick players on joining, to loot farm or to prevent other players from joining." This still implies you can kick players in your full server for your fellow clanmates to join. The only difference is you can't kick recent joins but you may kick a random player who's been playing in your server longer.

My post only advocates kicking for clanmates to free slots when their server is full.

I am against kicking all players to free loot by clans or admins. This is admin abuse and should be reported to the proper channels.

Edited by TheEmgee

The new rule simply states, "You can NOT kick players on joining, to loot farm or to prevent other players from joining." This still implies you can kick players in your full server for your fellow clanmates to join. The only difference is you can't kick recent joins but you may kick a random player who's been playing in your server longer.

My post only advocates kicking for clanmates to free slots when their server is full.

I am against kicking all players to free loot by clans or admins. This is admin abuse and should be reported to the proper channels.

Well..... no :)

• You can kick if players are being verbally abusive or abusing ingame bugs to gain an ingame advantage.

This tells you exactly when you are allowed to kick, no making room for clan mates and no kicking random people just like that :)

Well..... no :)

• You can kick if players are being verbally abusive or abusing ingame bugs to gain an ingame advantage.

This tells you exactly when you are allowed to kick, no making room for clan mates and no kicking random people just like that :)

How can you kick a player that is verbally abusive if you can't locate his player name when they use their mic?

How do you know who is gaining an in game advantage? There is no in game notice to who joins and disconnects. There also isn't a way to identify a player in game unless they type. Many multiplayer games have indicators of who is who. Not in this game.

Think about your responses before posting thoughtless replies.

You can really only know who leaves and joins by pressing "P". Even then you really can't differeniate if that was the right person. As of right now the game is in early access alpha and new patches are coming out. Hopefully they add a notification area to who joins/disconnects.

You really only see battle eye stuff which isn't helping identify players in game. Only losing connection players.

If there are 40/40 players in the game, kicking someone doesn't violate the rules. I see it as if you are an admin it's you right to be in the game and control your server. If you are unable to get into your own server then what is the purpose of having one? Just a thought. Of course this would be an example of the worst case scenario.

You are paying for a service. If you own something you should have the right to do what ever you want to do within your server within the community rules. Community rules also need to take into account that people pay lots of money to run public servers, and their community rules should take into account that some servers have a lot of members that want to get into their server.

If you own a server and can't run your server accordingly, then WHAT IS THE PURPOSE ANYONE OWNING A DAYZ SERVER?

They should just make all of them public with no admins, and let them figure it out.

I think implementing reserved slots will cease this conversation for good.

How can you kick a player that is verbally abusive if you can't locate his player name when they use their mic?

How do you know who is gaining an in game advantage? There is no in game notice to who joins and disconnects. There also isn't a way to identify a player in game unless they type. Many multiplayer games have indicators of who is who. Not in this game.

You can really only know who leaves and joins by pressing "P". Even then you really can't differeniate if that was the right person. As of right now the game is in early access alpha and new patches are coming out. Hopefully they add a notification area to who joins/disconnects.

You really only see battle eye stuff which isn't helping identify players in game. Only losing connection players.

If there are 40/40 players in the game, kicking someone doesn't violate the rules. I see it as if you are an admin it's you right to be in the game and control your server. If you are unable to get into your own server then what is the purpose of having one? Just a thought. Of course this would be an example of the worst case scenario.

You are paying for a service. If you own something you should have the right to do what ever you want to do within your server within the community rules. Community rules also need to take into account that people pay lots of money to run public servers, and their community rules should take into account that some servers have a lot of members that want to get into their server.

If you own a server and can't run your server accordingly, then WHAT IS THE PURPOSE ANYONE OWNING A DAYZ SERVER?

They should just make all of them public with no admins, and let them figure it out.

First of all, i didnt make theese rules, so please dont slander me for it......

Second, theese are the rules, take it or leave it, its really simply mate :)

Also Admins can check the logs to see exactly who joins when and leaves when, np at all, it even tells them the BE GUID and everything aswell.

And no, you still arent allowed to kick someone, even if its your own server.

You are only allowed to kick someone verbally abussive, exploting ingame bugs/features or down right cheating/scripting.

You are free to rent a server or not, its your choice and theese are the rules you say yes to, when you press "BUY" at the server hoster sites mate.

Wait for private server and you will get much more "power" as an admin, but on public HIVE nobody is allowed to do anything basicly :)

• Like 1

First of all, i didnt make theese rules, so please dont slander me for it......

Second, theese are the rules, take it or leave it, its really simply mate :)

Also Admins can check the logs to see exactly who joins when and leaves when, np at all, it even tells them the BE GUID and everything aswell.

And no, you still arent allowed to kick someone, even if its your own server.

You are only allowed to kick someone verbally abussive, exploting ingame bugs/features or down right cheating/scripting.

You are free to rent a server or not, its your choice and theese are the rules you say yes to, when you press "BUY" at the server hoster sites mate.

Wait for private server and you will get much more "power" as an admin, but on public HIVE nobody is allowed to do anything basicly :)

If what you say is true, the rules need to be clarified.  The current rule language does not contain "you are only allowed" as your statement does, and is therefore considered a non-inclusive example. As you can see from the rule set, every restricted action listed contains a big red "NOT" in the rule.  Therefore, without clarification, the structure would indicate that the last statement is not a restriction and should be interpreted as a non-inclusive list. 

If the rule is intentioned as you describe it, the rule needs clarified due to ambiguity.  In fact, if you could not kick a player to make room for an admin, the rule should precisely state that, it does not, and until clarified, I don't see how anyone could claim a GSP or Admin has violated the current rules for that action.  Before action could legitimately be taken against a GSP or Admin for kicking to make room for an admin, the rules should be modified to that effect by having the following statement:

You may NOT kick a player to make room for an admin.

If the intent of the rules are what you claim, then they are written badly imo, and should be clarified.

Edited by feeblemedic

"verbally abusive" leaves it pretty wide open to kick as you please. some persons (like my self) might get offended by offensive player names while others (for instance the player i kicked) find it, perhaps delightful ..had it been worded with "orally" instead of "verbally" it would have been more restrictive...

Edited by Legacy

It is not even worth the time to post here about this subject because the rules can be misconstrued in to any light that people want. We run a clean server and we will continue to make room for the people who pay for the server just like all the other servers we have had in all the other games. We are not in the same category as the servers that these guys think they are talking about. We are not trying to make it clan only. We will also keep kicking the server jumpers out as well. Not fair to anyone who spends an hour running across the map looking for supplies or weapons and can't find them because server jumpers keep being lame.

A heads up to pubbers. Sometimes when you are on a server and you get kicked out or possibly even banned, it may not be for the reason you think it is. Not all admins are asshats. You could have gotten kicked for a dozen reasons. Even an admins mistake. He might have clicked on the wrong name or mistaken you for another player in the server. Sometimes the other player leaves right before the admin kicks them and your name moves up to the original guys name slot and you get kicked. The admin might not even know he did that. There can be a lot of reasons besides badmins or asshat admins. You never know. Best thing to do is to see if that server has a site or try to contact one of the admins or friend them on steam or Origin or whatever. Take a minute of you time and look don't just say badmin or admin abuser.

On a side note, it is amazing how entitled people think they are in the world today. Crazy.

• Like 2