Sign in to follow this  
Geckofrog7

Hot beverages & food

I saw a few topics like this before in search, but they're kinda old and for the mod.

When temperature starts to become a factor, and when we can start fires, I figure we could add these items to fight the cold.

-Thermos

-Hot Chocolate

-Coffee

-Tea

Just mix these instant drink packets with water and fire in a Thermos, and you have portable heat and water. (Coffee perhaps giving you some extra energy, similar to soda? I dunno what extra affect Tea could have.)

And then of course we have the ability to heat up your beans/canned spaghetti. (Perhaps you could carry that in a Thermos as well?)

Maybe add the ability to create Soup with animal meats and water? (Kinda tedious to have to get spices for Soup, though.)

Just a thought.

• Like 3

Think warm/hot food and drinks should be applied, while I'd like them to give a little mental boost so to speak I can't think of a system to implement that, possibly also raise body temp slightly.

Instant oatmeal or Ramen Noodles. Mmmmmmm.

I think once cooking is fully implemented we'll see stuff like this, good suggestions OP.

Think warm/hot food and drinks should be applied, while I'd like them to give a little mental boost so to speak I can't think of a system to implement that, possibly also raise body temp slightly.

If they would go for realism, then the hot drinks would lower your body temperature.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/07/11/156378713/cool-down-with-a-hot-drink-its-not-as-crazy-as-you-think

What's the difference between noodles and Ramen nudies. Ramen nudes are America me tinx

Ramen is a type of noodle. Japanese I believe.

Fresh_ramen_noodle_001.jpg

Ramen is actually a Japanese take on a Chinese noodle...it gets complicated.  Basically yes it's Japanese.  And there's hundreds of different types of noodles, mostly the difference is what they're made out of or how they're prepared.

Edited by BigMike