real meatshield

*THIS* is why I KOS.

Well cuff that people down or shoot them is the only way to get out alive...

Actually a good Idea, I suppose. Especially now that they allow you to black bag people with the burlap sack. Run em down, cuff em, bag em. Drop some stuff when they can't see, then tell them to count to a hundred while you ninja vanish

Who are you, Mohamed Ali? You ever try punching someone directly in the face while they had a helmet on. You'd break your hand before ever contacting flesh. Even standing prone. No way man. You'd have to be Bruce Fn Lee!

Besides, who in the world gets knocked out by one punch?

Let me punch you in the jaw and lets see if you don't get knocked out. You don't have to be Mohamed Ali or Mike Tyson to do a 1 hit KO from the front moron.

You don't need to be killing them, Just don't help them/let them get close. Trapping yourself in a corner was retarded.

Just becuase one guy killed you doesn't mean the guy you see 800m away will.

Bah, that's the way it goes.  I decided long ago that I'm going to be a good guy no matter what.  I only kill bandits that are actually acting like bandits.  If you are hunting fresh spawns on the coast, I will be coming after you.

Someone who hunts bambis for the lulz is not a "Bandit".  A true Bandit will take your valuables and let you live so long as you complied with his orders.

• Like 1

How in the hell did he knock the OP out in 2 hits when he has a helmet on? (Perhaps it's ruined?)

LOL, comments across the spectrum. 

Backing into a corner, fail. Not subduing him first? Also fail. Not paying attention to who was who? Yet another fail in the heat of the moment. (I was actually on the hills above for quite a while prior to going down into town, and never saw another armed soul in the area...so when the mosin shot rang out it caused some panic.)

Yeah, so much done wrong with good intentions. And after a long night at work, and getting goofed on by my crew (I showed em the youtube vid), Ive come to the realization that I probably wont spawnrape the bambis, but I definitely WILL be handling my approach in a far safer manner.

• Like 2

I've totally been knocked out in wearing army helmets-from shots to the back of the head. 

Heh so you survived gunshot to the head, because of the ballistic helmet and you whine that you fell into coma.

Without that helmet you would be dead, so coma is actually improvement. Me and 3 of my buddies encountered sniper, who managed to headshot 2 of our guys. Both survived in coma, so after we disposed of the sniper, we fixed them with saline bag and continued on. 

I guess if you are lonewolf, ballistic helmet does not help you that much, but in group it is valuable.

But yeah, we had to give saline bag to the lads to fix them.

• Like 1

Actually a good Idea, I suppose. Especially now that they allow you to black bag people with the burlap sack. Run em down, cuff em, bag em. Drop some stuff when they can't see, then tell them to count to a hundred while you ninja vanish

How this burlap sack work? You need to cuff the dude before you put this on his head?

I tried to put burlap on my own head, did not work. I also tried to use knife to carve two holes for eyes and wear it as a psycho mask...also did not work :-(.

EDIT: just realised I've made double post, sorry lads!

Edited by Hombre

as soon as someone talks I don't want to kill them, makes me kind of sympathetic, and shows they aren't just a brick im talking to, if they don't talk, theres nothing wrong with shooting bricks. they have no feelings.

• Like 3

i love how folks on here are like i was doing good deeds and now i KOS because some new spawn killed me. or i made a fatal mistake and that guy killed me i'm now KOSing. quit being a baby and learn from your encounter. and why were you by yourself in military gear knowing a lot of it is rare trying to help new spawns thats risky to begin with. every time i do something like bandit hunting helping newspawns i prepare my self to meet my grave because i'm probably going to die. dayz players have become whiny little kids now. kos all you want i'll keep an eye out for ya. got one in the chamber ready for folks like you. goodluck

• Like 1

He didn't even have his gun in his hand. He only wanted to trade for a battery.

You misunderstand. OP is upset because he tried to be friendly and it backfired, it backfired because he assumed that cornering himself with a freshpawn who had nothing to lose would be ok. Being friendly when you are geared is all about control of the situation, he didn't have control. Just always ask people to lie down or let you handcuff them. Its insanely easy to knock someone out and whats the worse that could happen to the newspawn if he gets killed? He'd probally spawn again 100 meters away

How this burlap sack work? You need to cuff the dude before you put this on his head?

I tried to put burlap on my own head, did not work. I also tried to use knife to carve two holes for eyes and wear it as a psycho mask...also did not work :-(.

EDIT: just realised I've made double post, sorry lads!

I've put it on my own head before just fine, but I don't remember if it was a right click or if I dragged it over my character's body.

• Like 1

I would rather trust an armed guy with payday mask than a freshspawn with a green shirt

• Like 2

well, you could have played it save instead of fully trusting that guy while you were playing with your backpack. make him keep some distance, his hands up or lay on the ground?

not having to KOS doesnt mean you should turn your back on them completely lol

Edited by Brolic

I'd like anyone and everyone to think about this: a balanced in game economy might make this a necessity in the future. I think it would be fun actually.

If you see a guy with an axe, you've found your axe!

DayZ mod = survival.

DayZ SA = survival of the fittest?

For some reasons, I haven't met that many KOS players. Surely, they can be found at airfields and some guys will fight for life at big cities, but at the countryside it's mostly quite nice and polite. I've often met some groups with my own group and we've trade and like that. Mostly, we(my group) go with a policy you-shoot-first-it's-war. We don't open fire that often, only if we feel like threaten.

Few times I have been a victim of server hoppers... Even at night or evening, when we go for fast loot to some airport to see if there's anything left, some guy just spawns next to me and it's "you are dead." note-to-self; Don't visit airfields if not have to.

Back to topic; this video is a prime example why I won't go near these what I call "lootmonster" infested towns where they are pretty KoS

Yeah, I'm frickin' sick of coasties and newspawns too. Now, whenever I come across them I just do messed up shit like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd4nrHol6Xo

If I ran into someone that generous, I'm not sure how I would react: either do "epic-in-game-high-five" or run away screaming "it's a traaaaap!"

So here I am, looking to do a good deed before I log off and go to work. Gonna go down to the beach, help out some freshies. Not my usual game plan, but I was feeling somewhat magnanimous today.

In retrospect, I realize that the green tshirt guy is not the black tshirt guy that was with red tshirt guy... but in the heat of the moment, I assumed all was good. Never again. You are all gonna die.

yeah because that one guy represents the entire community and means we all need to die

So here I am, looking to do a good deed before I log off and go to work. Gonna go down to the beach, help out some freshies. Not my usual game plan, but I was feeling somewhat magnanimous today.

In retrospect, I realize that the green tshirt guy is not the black tshirt guy that was with red tshirt guy... but in the heat of the moment, I assumed all was good. Never again. You are all gonna die.

It is total bullshit that you got tricked, but don't assume that people such as myself would do the same thing. 

OP, you could have droped the loot outside with distance to the other Player. You put yourself in danger the moment you let him that close and took too Long to fiddle with your inventory.

Sorry but, he took the oportunity as you let your guard down. Your mistake, his win.

You could have walked away and i was supprised you did that mistake given you are all "decked out" and seem to Play a Kind of "hero" Thing there.   But...a dead hero is a bad hero ;)

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

It is total bullshit that you got tricked, but don't assume that people such as myself would do the same thing. 

He didn't get tricked. That guy didn't say a word, he just waited for an opportunity and took it. The OP was reckless and basically handed his gear to him on a platter.

If you're gonna help someone that you don't know and they need your help more than you need theirs then make sure that you have your weapon drawn and their hands are empty and tell them to keep their distance.

When encountering bambis, I have my weapon drawn and tell them to keep their distance. If they do so, I might have a pleasant chat, and hand over some supplies if I have some extra. If he does not keep the distance, even if he sounds nice and gentle, I kill with no remorse.

The fists are the most deadly weapon in the game. Seriously. One hit to the face, and your gear and life is lost.

*THIS* is why I KOS.

Comon, don`t start it. :(

You souds like a nice guy. :P

You could learn from this video instead. Same situation... how I would act?

Running away was Ok, also taking the guy with you.

In the house, why you take not your gun out? You was in a battel...

How act with new "friends"? Give them always "ideas" what they can do now.

In this case...

"First you need a weapon and food, I give you food now, escord you to the next location you can drink after that we get a gun for you, can you look out of the window and tell me when someone comes near?"

I know you could run with him still today... ;)

Wow, so many people raging at me over this.

For the record, over the past few days I have killed zero bambis, one bandit, and died 3 times fully kitted at the hands of bandits. I *did* have a fresh spawn antagonizing me while I myself was a fresh spawn, and I beat his ass til he ran away...I have not, however, felt a twinge of generosity of late. Kinda hard when I am dying regularly 3-4 hours into my character and still trying to fill out the finer details in the kit.