Sign in to follow this  
dashx73 (DayZ)

Remove Payday Masks from Game

The idea of having masks is fine, but I would rather have them be extremely rare. Instead, I would like to see ski masks and hockey masks. Of course, you should be able to paint the hockey masks.

• Like 1

I think they should be left in, but made a LOT more rare. Where the hell do you even find a clown mask in real life? I can't speak for a rural Russian area, but I personally don't find them just sitting in people's cupboards and on sale at the local gas station. It's weird.

I'm sure they exist. The Dark Knight had them, so clown masks for sure exist. Just I don't think they're very common.

Where the hell do you even find a clown mask in real life?

That reminds me, when I was like 10 I wanted to get a clown mask for Halloween, something like Pennywise. Face paint wouldn't cut it.

Went to several stores and couldn't find a single one.

Went as a gorilla instead. : (

I don't really think they care about the direction/vision that much anymore. If people like it, they will put it in. No matter how much it goes against the aesthetics and gameplay.

They annoy  me,  give me an itchy trigger finger. The only reason in game that i might KOS

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of the Payday masks, but I think it would be cool to still have masks available, just more original ones.

Personal opinion? They make literally no sense in this setting and don't belong. If we must have masks then make them masks that might actually be found in the region. (Above post has some examples)

At the moment, it doesn't really bug me, as they generally just serve as giant 'shoot me im a bandit' markers.

Seriously, who the fuck walks around in a goddamn demented clown mask and has good intentions?

i love the payday masks i dont understand what the fuss is about they're just masks from another game is that such a big deal really

i love the payday masks i dont understand what the fuss is about they're just masks from another game is that such a big deal really

Read the thread and you will get what the fuss is about

Let's be honest: if some random person had, 6 months ago, had made a thread suggesting adding the masks from "Payday 2" to the DayZ mod, he would have been laughed out of the forum.

Let's be honest: if some random person had, 6 months ago, had made a thread suggesting adding the masks from "Payday 2" to the DayZ mod, he would have been laughed out of the forum.

True. Just look at the ´´add random rare clothes thread´´ right now...

I'm not a big fan of them either. I would be able to understand if they were made really rare, but as common as they are, they just don't fit with the general aesthetic of the game.

Sorry to basically point you out by quoting this, this goes to a lot of people, but why do people act like the current state is a problem. There is an overabundance of everything that's in the game now that's going to be rare later. If any item was actually "rare" now, that would be a problem for development. Imagine if putting on the pink clown mask made a female model show completely nude or something. If they made it as rare as it probably should be down the road, there's a chance it (or another problem with another item) would go unnoticed and unfixed. Dean has mentioned a balanced in game economy with item spawns so...

Information.

• Like 1

It's just a nod to the Payday guys.

I don't like the masks, so I don't wear them. I don't like yellow rain jackets either, so I don't wear them either. But just because I don't like some particular clothing, doesn't mean someone else don't like it and this being DayZ, where bandits play a huge and important role, I think it's perfectly within the game's nature to have different kinds of masks to cover up their faces.

• Like 1

I have worn them a few times because it looked good with no clothes on and just a mask.  They dont bother me just like other things as dallas said if I dont want to wear one, I dont wear it.

• Like 1

We need big hairy fake beards though.

• Like 1

There needs to be a few more masks, and they need to be very rare.

Like mtn dew or a ghillie suit x10

<----------------------------------------------------------

We need big hairy fake beards though.

If this is to win my heart dallas, say no more.

• Like 1

Whats next??  perhaps they should just put power rangers costumes in the game to then, and people are going to say "they look cool don't remove it, if you don't like it don't wear it. This is dayz we can dress up however we want man! smh...

tumblr_maprotSVcm1rnncffo1_500.jpg

Edited by dashx73
  • Like 2

Hello there

That's not very likely is it?

When the content level is up and loot levels tweaked youll hardly ever see them.

of all the issues that are outstanding, this is, IMHO, so trivial.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2