ryzoh

What would you do to survive a collapse of civilization?

Prostitute 8th most important profession?

Survival trumps dignity.

I just need to find a wig and I'm set.

• Like 2

Prostitute 8th most important profession?

Yeah, what's with that? It should be 1st.

• Like 5

I have an AR15 already.

If I have learned anything from DayZ, then I already have a tool to get me everything else I need from other people.

• Like 1

Yeah, what's with that? It should be 1st.

something is wrong with reddit 

I have an AR15 already.

If I have learned anything from DayZ, then I already have a tool to get me everything else I need from other people.

LOL maybe maybe but what happens when in the panic and your trying to kill or hold up people for there food and well one of these seemigly helpless family groups shoots stabs you there is no respawn in real life lol ( i wouldnt use dayz as a lesson for anything in life well other than what people like to do for fun in a virtual world.)

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

I think I'll loot all the cigarettes and booze I can find. Wine and dine everyone I can, and relieve them of their stuff while they are plastered.

Well, I would need pizza rolls and mint chocolate ice cream.  :P

I am 2, 4, and 6 and I dable in 5 and 7 I am to valuable to kill. The ultimate survival strategy!

I have all of the equipment and skills listed aside from night vision gogles, the food supply and armor. I have livestock of every type listed minus rabbits, tho I used to raise rabbits as well. I don't have EMT training per se but I can start and IV and give injections, clean and dress and even stich wounds and set broken bones (done it all on animals) farm living for the win.

Edited by Franchi

If anyone wants to gain insight into the matter from credible sources (i.e., NOT reddit), there are a few books I've read recently that have been invaluable in expanding my knowledge.

On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

http://www.amazon.com/On-Killing-Psychological-Learning-Society/dp/0316040932/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390704710&sr=8-1&keywords=on+killing

On Combat:  The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

http://www.amazon.com/Combat-Psychology-Physiology-Deadly-Conflict/dp/0964920549/ref=pd_sim_b_1

A Failure of Civility by Jack Lawson

http://www.amazon.com/Failure-Civility-Jack-Lawson-ebook/dp/B00CW1TCTA/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1390704794&sr=1-1&keywords=failure+of+civility

Deadly Force Encounters:  What Cops Need To Know To Mentally And Physically Prepare For And Survive A Gunfight by Alexis Artwohl

http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Force-Encounters-Mentally-Physically/dp/0873649354/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1390704816&sr=1-1&keywords=deadly+force+encounters

SAS Survival Handbook, Revised Edition: For Any Climate, in Any Situation by John "Lofty" Wiseman

http://www.amazon.com/SAS-Survival-Handbook-Revised-Situation/dp/0061733199/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1390704859&sr=1-1&keywords=survival+guide

Leadership And Training For The Fight: A Few Thoughts On Leadership And Training From A Former Special Operations Soldier by MSG Paul R. Howe (US Army, Retired)

http://www.amazon.com/Leadership-Training-Fight-Thoughts-Operations/dp/1420889508/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1390705318&sr=1-1&keywords=leadership+and+training+for+the+fight

Those are the books I've had a chance to read so far.  Several of them are also available in audio book format if that's what tickles your fancy.  If anyone has any other recommended reading...please share.

Also, the EMT certification is not worth it.  I am a licensed EMT that volunteers at a 9-1-1 agency on the ambulance.  80% of what I do is procedural and grounded in adhering to very strict protocols set by the state department of health.  The other 20%, the actual skills-based part, can be self-taught by just picking up a book.  If you want to go spend $500 to $1,000 for an EMT cert (depending on your state), feel free.  If you're smart, just get the book and study it so you're able to render care in an emergency.  The only reason I got the certification was so I could work on the ambulance.

Edited by WastedSpaceman

Apparently according to DayZ players........

KILL EVERYONE YOU SEE NO MATTER WHAT THEY'RE DOING..................is the way to survive in the apocalypse.

Guess we're all doomed.

Unfortunately for most DayZ players, they don't have military training, and a lot of high powered weapons / ammo.  Guess I win the apocalypse then?

• Like 5

Apparently according to DayZ players........

KILL EVERYONE YOU SEE NO MATTER WHAT THEY'RE DOING..................is the way to survive in the apocalypse.

Guess we're all doomed.

Unfortunately for most DayZ players, they don't have military training, and a lot of high powered weapons / ammo.  Guess I win the apocalypse then?

Most of them probably wouldn't even be able to pull the trigger to defend themselves in a real world environment.  Hell, most of them probably don't even know how to load a fiream, or even how to disengage the safety for that matter.  And those that do would end up as casualties from self-inflicted wounds due to poor unloading technique prior to cleaning.

Head to the mountains (literally). Plenty of water and game to hunt. Slowly work on building an infastructure and start farming. Most of all I would keep my humanity and decency and if it kills me so be it.

Most of them probably wouldn't even be able to pull the trigger to defend themselves in a real world environment.  Hell, most of them probably don't even know how to load a fiream, or even how to disengage the safety for that matter.  And those that do would end up as casualties from self-inflicted wounds due to poor unloading technique prior to cleaning.

Hold on! Let me upload this to instagram before we start kicking down doors!

2e3okk9.jpg

*Please note that this is not me... Thankfully...

• Like 3

Hold on! Let me upload this to instagram before we start kicking down doors!

[...lemme just edit this pic out of here so I don't look like a jerk for wasting your screen space and bandwidth on a second shot of it]

*Please note that this is not me... Thankfully...

That man is wasting his Harvard education.

On topic, soldier shouldn't really be listed above farmer, either, unless we plan to feed mainly on our fallen enemies. Not sure why everyone thinks the world will be so violent after civilization collapses. I'm just going to live in my backyard. I'll drink rainwater, I'll find a bow and arrow and use that to collect deer if I decide I can't live without meat. Pacific northwest and it's abundant, untapped natural resources for the win.

• Like 1

I would probably die on the first week. I live in a house with my two brothers and my mom and dad. I also have two dogs and four parrots. Yep, wouldn't last long.

• Like 1

hmm yeah i find the list of professions pretty messed up but i guess it depends on how you intend to survive lol(or from where your survival journey starts city /suburbs country town or out of the way farm like me ) . for me survival skills 1 farmer 2 medical 3 enginer going down to solider ( but then many soliders will have the first on my list survival wilderness skills.

Just the ability to be effective with weapons is well not that huge a need almost anyone can be trained with a gun id take a good hunter anyday over a straight military guy why well a hunter can shoot at things but also knows the animals he is going to hunt for food tthere patterns hiding scent etc etc etc.( ps ex mil myself)

On topic, soldier shouldn't really be listed above farmer, either, unless we plan to feed mainly on our fallen enemies. Not sure why everyone thinks the world will be so violent after civilization collapses. I'm just going to live in my backyard. I'll drink rainwater, I'll find a bow and arrow and use that to collect deer if I decide I can't live without meat. Pacific northwest and it's abundant, untapped natural resources for the win.

There's a fair amount of evidence that people start looting fairly quickly after a major event. If no government comes in then bandit groups expand to fill the vacuum. I'm not some sort of prepper but I've certainly read enough stuff to know that during a major catastrophe it can get quite nasty.

Hidden text.

Umm... This is either a really bad joke or you completely misunderstood what the guy was saying.  Try reading a little more slowly and relax...

Why do people always freak out over shit they misunderstand.

Edited by Inception.

Trust me when people can't get food at the super market its going to get ugly fast, honestly in a end of the world situation I would abandon my house and move into the huge woods behind it for atleast 2 weeks, and I am a long way from a major city with a large family all of whom know how to shoot. Being near a road or a house in such a situation is just to dangerous.

Edited by Franchi

Umm... This is either a really bad joke or you completely misunderstood what the guy was saying.  Try reading a little more slowly and relax...

I think he's taking the piss.

this

if im gonna survive an apocolypse why not do it in style.

Edited by Happy-

this

if im gonna survive an apocolypse why not do it in style.

Because that site is now well known, perfect survival bunkerwith power water and food for years? Prime target for organized bandits.

• Like 1

It was a copypasta, don't worry.

• Like 1