Sign in to follow this  
ThreeFailingPros

Character deleted - WTF why??

Hi guys, my character is suddenly a woman!

I got a gun, much food and drink, medic, ...

AND WHAT IS HAPPENING? I LOOSE ALL MY STUFF! -.-"

There are stupid Players = No problem!

There are some bugs = No Problem!

Can't respawn/New character = No Problem!

I'm loosing all my stuff because nothing = I HATE YOU DEVELOPERS! I HATE YOU!

The Server was online, the game don't broke so how could that happen???

How to fix? Can I get my stuff back? I've got some screenshots, i can prove it all...

Thanks guys...

post-189850-0-14800300-1390583921_thumb.

Edited by ThreeFailingPros

Literally, the game did warn you that this is Alpha, it's in critical state and they is many errors, do not complain or rage..

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

• Like 4

Literally, the game did warn you that this is Alpha, it's in critical state and they is many errors, do not complain or rage..

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Ha you are funny. BUT I LOST EVERYTHING! Thats like the game breaks down and accendaily deletes you windwos too...

Sure you are not on hardcore server?  I got my old character on the regular servers, and got the female on the hardcore, no 3rd servers.

Edited by AtomQuark

Some servers are in hive desync.

If you log in to a server that should be working, w/o private hive (not yet enabled anyway afaik) or hardcore, but new character ... then log out immediately. Close game. Restart, join other server or server that worked before.

With some luck your char is back. You may have to wait some time before that happens though. Or it got overwritten completely. Then you lost the char. Tough luck.

Has to be expected though.

If you fellows are like this on an alpha I cannot imagine how the hell you'll cope with full release.

Salute !

• Like 3

I have had about 12 fully geared characters wiped by server issues. Don't stress it and what I have learned to do is not to get attached to gear. 

• Like 1

You should use the SEARCH function on the forums....might find a post or two, maybe three, maybe even 654 post on the current issues regarding losing characters...

• Like 1

did it even occur to you to search this topic before posting?

1. it is a know issue, deal with it.

2. there are now two server hives, hardcore and regular - gear doesn't transfer between them.

3. the game is IN DEVELOPMENT - the developers do not owe you any lost gear as it is implied with the word Alpha

4. you WILL lose your gear again, and again, and again - learn to detatch yourself from your gear. This isn't WoW.

and most importantly...

5. read the forums and search before posting 

• Like 2

HOw does one AVOID these bad servers that Desync from the Hive?

HOw does one AVOID these bad servers that Desync from the Hive?

Don't play?  I wish I knew bro...can't really tell based on latency - that doesn't seem to be the culprit.

Hi guys, my character is suddenly a woman!

I'm loosing all my stuff because nothing = I HATE YOU DEVELOPERS! I HATE YOU!

The Server was online, the game don't broke so how could that happen???

How to fix? Can I get my stuff back? I've got some screenshots, i can prove it all...

We believe you, we've all been there.  It's just the way it is.  Seriously, this is DayZ.  Not to restate the obvious, but this is an ALPHA right now.  Like others have said, don't get attached to your gear.  If you played the mod at all, then you should be familiar with this concept.  It's not harsh criticism...it's just the way it is.  Don't take it personally - we've all lost great gear.  With the latest patch I lost my pristine m4 with ACOG, MP buttstock and hand guard, bipod, and 3x coupled mags + a ton of other gear.  Was I frustrated?  Sure...but again, it's part of what you agreed to when you purchased an *early access* game.  Dean and the crew are hard at work making a great game.  These things take time.  If you didn't have the patience to deal with these issues, then you should have waited for the retail release.

did it even occur to you to search this topic before posting?

1. it is a know issue, deal with it.

2. there are now two server hives, hardcore and regular - gear doesn't transfer between them.

3. the game is IN DEVELOPMENT - the developers do not owe you any lost gear as it is implied with the word Alpha

4. you WILL lose your gear again, and again, and again - learn to detatch yourself from your gear. This isn't WoW.

and most importantly...

5. read the forums and search before posting 

This is a useless response, yours and all those like it.  If the game works fine 20 times and then suddenly doesn't, we're here to voice what's happening and hopefully identify patterns.  In some cases I've seen work-arounds, but I for one (have a similar post) am looking for patterned resets.  The kind that might be built into the game because it thinks I'm server hopping or combat logging.  While I do neither, I could see how frustrated developers might install a protocol that resets a person on the central hive because of assumed behavior. 

If all you want to do is respond with "Its an Alpha, move on" you may as well not post.  Since others have experienced issues or might have first hand knowledge of what is happening, its them that we want to hear from.  That way future headaches might be prevented.  People play different ways, and the disappointment of losing a rare item doesn't sting any less when reminded that its an Alpha release. 

It is a valid point that the very essence of DayZ is that it very slowly gives you things and very quickly takes it all away. Some other posters have just pointed out that the OP being emotional is ludicrous and many people look on such sentiments with disdainful scorn.

That being said, he is at least reporting the facts of HOW a bug occurred, so even if its a known issue at least he reported it here.