Grimey Rick

I'm now killing on sight.

Saying "lol" is quite common where i live. Most ppl dont know what it means. Also im a serial killer.

Ups, typo; i meant serious skiller ... what evs ... we're SAYing lol, cause we're german. (Hate us and we will spread!) It doesnt have the same meaning for us, even if we know what it actually means. It had become slang or something.

So, whenever u dont want to actually laugh, cause ur a trapped-inside, withdrawn, introvert-O-shy piece of shit, u'll say lol instead. Sometimes, well for me most of the times, we'll say it ironical(contains iron). 

U know what? I would like to run around with some of you to improve/ironize my english. Also we could be heros/mating. If u want/need it.

MfG

Edited by Sm1l3y.de

Yesterday I I had my friends handcuff me in front of the school in elektro then they took all my gear and clothes, they took their positions while i used the in game chat to ask for help  "somebody help bandits robbed me and took my pants" "Can anyone hear me I need help i'm in front of the school handcuffed" guy approaches slowly with gear "hey man are you ok what happened?" "I got robbed by these 3 bandits they left me here handcuffed" he then asked "did you see where they went" I replied "2 of them ran in opposite directions the third is laying in front of the school handcuffed" "what? SHIT" POP

GG No Re

The moral of the story is Dayz will corrupt your soul and turn heroes into bandits. Don't trust anyone.

Edited by TehGoat

I have zero trust for other players after 60 hours with only one positive encounter. 

As a newb fresh spawn, I was baited into coming out of hiding several times by individuals and small groups claiming friendly with supplies to share only to have my head split with an axe for no reason other than their enjoyment.

Then there was the fully geared group who claimed friendly only to handcuff me later to ask me American Civil War history questions - despite not being American and having no clue - and put a bullet in my head for answering wrong. The next group who tried something similar got to see me log out after wasting their handcuffs. 

I swore off being friendly after that but then some guy sneaked up on me at the NWAF and was really nice. He gave me a canteen and we planned to travel the world together. This rekindled my hope for humanity. Unfortunately, his game locked up five minutes into our journey and we hadn't exchanged info. 

While waiting around to see if he'd find the server again another guy came by. I could have blown his head off no problem, but instead called out to him. We established being friendly and HE proposed teaming up for protection. We ran around the NWAF looting, no guns drawn for better running speed. In between buildings we ran into a zombie. I pulled out my fire axe and put it down. When I turned around I was puzzled to see my companion with his gun drawn and it pointed directly at me. He fired five or six shots and I was dead. 

WTH is wrong with a person like this? Do they get some sick pleasure from deceiving and manipulating others. We discussed our gear upon meeting and I only had a magnum which he already had. 

I'm done trusting other players. 

Edited by Nastradamus87

Playing hero is fun because you can build up a gang and kill the scum. It's easy to gain trust by helping people out - add them on steam or TS etc. You just have to be careful you don't get ambushed. Extra fun when a couple of your squad mates go rogue or gang vs. gang politics/fights start coming into play.

e.g. I built up this squad by being a hero

llbiteyoureyelidscunt.png

• Like 1

Op, sounds like you been playing with some thing we doctors like to call "anus gamerus homo sepian" (in short - an assholes) 

if you want a real mature and nice group hit me up on steam and ill introduce you to our squad.

one thing though we only accept 23+ people. 

my name on steam is kantsler.

• Like 1

I was at point when I got totaly boring in dayz - I was fully geared and have everytning what is needed to survive for long time. I thougt ok I will start killin people whitout asking.

Should not w8 too long and victim poped up on krasnostav AF. I patiently wated when he will enter baraks and then I fired .... and missed :) Dude shouted in mic - "Ī am friendly dont shoot" .... well and after that I could not :)

simply left the game and I have not logged in since then

You're gonna need people that PK. You dont have Player Killers, everyone will end up fully geared, holding hands in a big circle pulling each others meat bats bored to shit. AI doesnt cut it. Its not unpredictable enough, we all know this, thats why the good players even get a kick out of helping newbies. They dont know what the other person is thinking, thats the thrill. Walk into the apartment blocks NE of Balota, whos waiting in just one of those rooms out of the 20 odd buildings with sevrel rooms each? A zombie? A person? Are they armed? Are they friendly? If you knew they were friendly, you'd just walk on in un matched, bored. Then back to Solitare we go!

Edited by TLa/-Elrico

I generally KOS other players just for my own safety,I don't hunt them and don't shoot them if they haven't seen me already.

Funny story though, yesterday there I was strolling through the Hills west of Berezino when I see 6 figures running up the hill towards me,I immediately realise they are Zombies but the closest is a player...it is a man with a gun in his hands...with a burlap sack on his head running straight at me with 5 zombies behind him. I immediately popped a round in his head and one in each of the zombies with my M4. Turns out he didn't even have bullets,or a melee weapon. But the burlap sack made me think he was a psychopath.

You're gonna need people that PK. You dont have Player Killers, everyone will end up fully geared, holding hands in a big circle pulling each others meat bats bored to shit. AI doesnt cut it. Its not unpredictable enough, we all know this, thats why the good players even get a kick out of helping newbies. They dont know what the other person is thinking, thats the thrill. Walk into the apartment blocks NE of Balota, whos waiting in just one of those rooms out of the 20 odd buildings with sevrel rooms each? A zombie? A person? Are they armed? Are they friendly? If you knew they were friendly, you'd just walk on in un matched, bored. Then back to Solitare we go!

HA! I haven't heard the slang "PK" since my old runescape days lol xD

Ah another thread where someone got killed too many times so he just says "Screw it, I'll KOS from now on." 

It's funny.  So many complain about KOS and their solution is always to just start doing the same.  It's a slippery slope people.  If you want KOS to stop, you can't join in.  What kind of retarded logic is that?

Anyway, good for you I guess for announcing that you're just another CoD Deathmatch player in DayZ.  It's good to see people attempting to stop KOS rather than just making it worse.  Oh wait.

Ah another thread where someone got killed too many times so he just says "Screw it, I'll KOS from now on." 

It's funny.  So many complain about KOS and their solution is always to just start doing the same.  It's a slippery slope people.  If you want KOS to stop, you can't join in.  What kind of retarded logic is that?

Anyway, good for you I guess for announcing that you're just another CoD Deathmatch player in DayZ.  It's good to see people attempting to stop KOS rather than just making it worse.  Oh wait.

Meh, I don't really see KoSing as a problem for the MOST part. I mean it's a given aspect of the game that people have to come to terms with. Sort of an uncontrollable dynamic. People can KoS or not KoS as much as they want. I mean yeah I used to have a problem with it, too, but I moved on and came to terms with the fact that i'm gonna gear up in about 5 - 6 hours, and then i'm gonna die and repeat the process xD I don't understand why everyone is getting so bent out of shape about this. Part of the excitement in this game is a RESULT of the fact you could die at any moment. That's what makes this game so exciting

there's about a million and a half different ways to avoid trouble as a fresh spawn, people just choose not to because running along the road to electro is just the easy way out lol :D

rofl, you guys so funny(read only first page) because everyone is hostle except you speak them in skype and you know them well, because nobody will trust you in real life, because on the other side of monitor there is some other dude who do not trust you, as same as he would in real life, so stop cry and enjoy the game. Never ever, ever i met some adequate person randomly in multiplayer game, so just take a deep breath and keep repost bugs

You gotta be careful with other people, Zombies aren't even the scariest thing in the game lol

Edited by AlexBo55

Who said anything about stopping KOS? I didn't. I only have myself to blame for trusting other people. The OP isn't complaining about KOS. I was just saying that I'm now (for the most part) going to KOS.

If you have a gas mask, ballistics helmet, full camo gear and an M4/mosin, I'm not asking questions. If you're a new spawn on the coast, I'm either ignoring you or asking if you need help. If you're laying in a pool of your own blood, I'll attempt to resuscitate you.

Again, for the record, I wasn't complaining about KOS. Read the fucking post. I just stated how I'm going to circumvent people baiting me into traps from now on. Fuck.

I would rather be killed by 10 Idiots than risk killing one nice guy. I have met many nice people by risking to trust them and I don't really want to murder anyone nice. I have traded and helped and been helped many more times than I have been murdered.

I don't care if an idiot kills me, it's not real and all of my best experiences of the game so far have been related to trusting people who didn't betray me. Don't get me wrong, I know you have to be careful and that there are a lot of griefers and noobs running around but don't give up on your humanity.

Have my beans.  This is what the game is about.

Who said anything about stopping KOS? I didn't. I only have myself to blame for trusting other people. The OP isn't complaining about KOS. I was just saying that I'm now (for the most part) going to KOS.

If you have a gas mask, ballistics helmet, full camo gear and an M4/mosin, I'm not asking questions. If you're a new spawn on the coast, I'm either ignoring you or asking if you need help. If you're laying in a pool of your own blood, I'll attempt to resuscitate you.

Again, for the record, I wasn't complaining about KOS. Read the fucking post. I just stated how I'm going to circumvent people baiting me into traps from now on. Fuck.

I run into people in-game every day.  More often than not, they do not try to KOS me.  So I don't know how you let your guard down so easily, but handling the situation correctly and having control of the situation are key to surviving an encounter with another survivor.

If you want to just KOS because you've been baited too many times, go for it, but you are robbing yourself of some great experiences beyond the neanderthalish mouthbreather "strategy" of killing everyone you see on sight.

I run into people in-game every day.  More often than not, they do not try to KOS me.  So I don't know how you let your guard down so easily, but handling the situation correctly and having control of the situation are key to surviving an encounter with another survivor.

If you want to just KOS because you've been baited too many times, go for it, but you are robbing yourself of some great experiences beyond the neanderthalish mouthbreather "strategy" of killing everyone you see on sight.

Where does it say the proper way of playing DayZ:SA is to run around interacting with people in a positive manner? My mood changes frequently, as does my playstyle. I have helped a new spawn on the coast, run to an airstrip and killed-on-sight, held up a guy a few hours later and let him go, killed another guy on sight in a city, etc.

There's no "proper" way to play DayZ:SA, nor am I robbing myself from feeling the urge to shoot someone in the face as soon as I see them if I don't feel like talking to someone.

Where does it say the proper way of playing DayZ:SA is to run around interacting with people in a positive manner? My mood changes frequently, as does my playstyle. I have helped a new spawn on the coast, run to an airstrip and killed-on-sight, held up a guy a few hours later and let him go, killed another guy on sight in a city, etc.

There's no "proper" way to play DayZ:SA, nor am I robbing myself from feeling the urge to shoot someone in the face as soon as I see them if I don't feel like talking to someone.

Right.  So shooting someone in the face who's spent potentially hours getting to where they are in the game, who could potentially be an awesome person or even a new player excited to have just found their first gun, just because you feel like it.  Congratulations, you defined KoS.  If you don't want to talk, why not avoid or go around that person instead of killing them just because you feel like it at the time?

I never said there was a proper way to play DayZ, I am just saying that by being a mouthbreather and killing everything you come across is something that takes no skill and is far less rewarding than playing the game other ways.

Do what you want I'm not here to argue your playstyle.

Edited by Mdogg2005

I've been trying to have fun with the "hold 'em up, rob 'em, and let 'em go" mentality of this game, but as of late, I've been screwed one too many times. Last night, I joined a group of "bandit hunters" only to be led into a trap of two snipers on a building. I figured out it was a trap when my "friends" all hung back and then began to laugh. Black screen, with a dash of "You are dead."

Tonight, I gave it another go and joined up with some guys who seemed very mature initially. I played it a little more catty this time and held back, keeping the three chaps of my group in view. I was watching for any kind of twitchy movement, or obvious baiting. We were attacked by what I assume to be a "bandit" upon entering Kamyshovo; I ended up putting a .357 bullet through his chest, but not before he took down one of my allies. I attempted to resuscitate the fallen friend, and as I was digging through my pack to get my defibrillator from my safe box, I heard a couple of shots and my screen went black, which was followed by the mocking laughter and baiting of the aforementioned "mature players".

Anyway, I'm getting really sick of this type of behaviour. I would rather play the role of the hero, but it seems that lately I've been playing the role of the jackass. From now on, I'm killing anyone I see with a gun. I don't care at this point. I've come to realize you really can't trust anyone other than yourself and maybe a personal friend or family member playing with you.

Thanks for listening.

#bitter #angryface #rawr

Yea the game really does not give much help to people trying to do good. Much easier to drop someone without caring if they are good or not then to go up and talk to them and or be good. Not much can be said, the general community of this game are ass hats. Good luck with what ever play style you end up.. 

• Like 1

Right.  So shooting someone in the face who's spent potentially hours getting to where they are in the game, who could potentially be an awesome person or even a new player excited to have just found their first gun, just because you feel like it.  Congratulations, you defined KoS.  If you don't want to talk, why not avoid or go around that person instead of killing them just because you feel like it at the time?

I never said there was a proper way to play DayZ, I am just saying that by being a mouthbreather and killing everything you come across is something that takes no skill and is far less rewarding than playing the game other ways.

Do what you want I'm not here to argue your playstyle.

A mouth-breather? Really? So I should play this game like a care bear because it makes you feel better? If you don't want to run the risk of losing your gear when you die, World of Warcraft is that way. --->

Edited by Grimey Rick

A mouth-breather? Really? So I should play this game like a care bear because it makes you feel better? If you don't want to run the risk of losing your gear when you die, World of Warcraft is that way. --->

So not killing on sight = carebear.  Right then.  As I said, play how you want, I'm not here to argue your playstyle.  I wouldn't play this game if the penalties for death were so severe.  I love having to do whatever it takes to keep my character alive, since death is permanent and I start from scratch if that happens.

I also never once said I hate losing gear when I die, or that you shouldn't lose it when you die (because you should).  I'm not sure where all of your inferences and assumptions are coming from, but they're not really making much since especially when you read what I've been saying.

I could care less how you play.  But if all you do is kill everyone you ever see instead of playing smart, more people will start to get tired of being killed at every interaction and start the KoS mentality for themselves.  If that's the game you want to have then hey by all means keep up what you're doing. 

Otherwise you can avoid players until you see if they exhibit friendly or aggressive tenancies, or just avoid them entirely and go around them unless they show aggression towards you.  That's just how I feel is a good way to play and it may not be suitable for others.  But I tell ya what, I have never once been killed on sight and have had many interactions.  Some ending with us going our separate ways, others ending in a death on my end or theirs, but I have not once been killed on sight.

I feel I should also mention if you hang around Balota, Electro, or Cherno, you're most likely going to be killed by some beach / fresh spawn camping tryhard.

Edited by Mdogg2005

So not killing on sight = carebear.  Right then.

No, not killing on sight does not make you a carebear. However, acting like everyone else should play like you and that because you find this play style more rewarding that everyone will find it so does make you a carebear.

Your posts are two-faced. You claim that you're not trying to tell people how to play or argue for a certain play style, and then you immediately turn around and call people who play differently than you "neanderthalish" and "mouthbreathers" and "tryhards." Sorry, but that's arguing for a certain style of play. You can't say you're open to different styles and then viciously insult people whose style differs from yours. You either support all play styles or you don't. You can't have it both ways.

But if all you do is kill everyone you ever see instead of playing smart

Here, again. Play how you want, but it's "not smart" to play differently than you. You're the one who has it all figured out.

That's just how I feel is a good way to play and it may not be suitable for others.

Right, right. It's only suitable for smart people who aren't mouth-breathing neanderthal tryhards, right? Jesus, dude. Make up your mind. You either support other play styles or you don't.
Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

I don't even mind being KOSed that much...I only hate it when it's a one shot kill and Im given no chance of escaping or fighting back.

First off let me say, welcome to the dark side.

darth-maul-painted-face.jpg

We look a lot cooler than those hero/medic types.

What threw me off the edge was getting knocked out by a bambi- he ran at me, I hesitated, he punched me out *UNCONSCIOUS* and I wake up 15 seconds later with all my gear gone. I dont mind dying in a fun gun battle- its part of the game- you win some, you lose some- but being mature enough not to shoot a bambi and then that bambi knocks me out and takes all my shit- oh my FUCK that annoyed me. After that, if a bambi is 50m to me, I start blasting. Fuck 'em all.