africanhungergames

The lack off loot is not right ???

do you not read read the thread? the loot spawning is completely broken, there are about 10 different threads about this.

It's not broken, but you're not going to like it. Also a lot of the military spawns have been moved by what I'm seeing. But I've found M4s, Mosin, Magnum, FNX and Shottys all around the map. If your game is just running to the bases and gearing up, then your game is nerfed. You're going to have to be all over the map to find your gear.

You'd better get running...

• Like 2

Maybe it is server issues ? Don't know.

Do you think it might be a little 'social experiment' to see what happens if the current PvP gear up and deathmatch we had before the patch gets nerfed. If so, it is looking to shake up the whole game in a good way, IMHO. And judging from the outcry in the forums, it is definatly hitting a certain section of the PvP community hard.

But it just as well might be a bug.

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 1

It's not broken, I've been able to survive just fine (actually there was three of us all fresh spawns), yeah I think it's been nerfed a touch, actually having to work a little instead of rock thru one town then head to nearest airfield shit that just broken, we found 2 shotguns in the same building...

I guess Dean has done something about the KoS mentality, at least on the coast, airfields probably still deathtraps, DJPorter answered that for me.  I keep getting desynced and getting a fresh char.

over all

New Patch 10/10 I keep finding new friends instead of paraniod's wanting to kill me outright.

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 1

New Patch 10/10 I keep finding new friends instead of paraniod's wanting to kill me outright.

"DayZs got 99 problems, but the loot ain't one."

Sorry, I got that tune running through my head while reading your post. For that alone, you get some beans.

• Like 1

im gonna go home and try this again, yesterday on a night server couldn't find a single thing, thirst is in the red and hunger is yellow, I probably have maybe 20 more min before i have to make a new character.

I like to loot large areas and close all the doors so players don't realize the place was jacked up. And then i just laugh silently to myself when people go "DaFUQ?!"

I was in Electro last night and found plenty o loot, but didn't have time to check the fire station before the flashlight bug hit and I couldn't see in the dark. :-/

went through Staroye and Mogilevka visiting every lootpoint more than just once.

found a rotten kiwi, 3 pairs of shoes, 2 jeans, a red cap and a black pen. oh and cooking pot!

but since i still dont have a backpack the 2 towns/villages did not contain any loot that was close to be helpful.

all doors were closed and i always take a good look around. there was noone else looting the buildings before or even after me.

will try again tomorrow.

I found a shotgun, an article of clothes, a wrench, an orange, and a bag of rice at the school in Berezino.  In the school.  Just the school.  I found a water bottle, two shovels, a pen, and a screw driver in one of the corner building in tank square, also in Berezino.  Those where the only two buildings I checked.

Loot is reduced.  Really, if you hit a single town that hadn't been touched yet, you were pretty much geared to the point where food wasn't a problem again.  I like the increased challenge.

I found a shotgun, an article of clothes, a wrench, an orange, and a bag of rice at the school in Berezino.  In the school.  Just the school.  I found a water bottle, two shovels, a pen, and a screw driver in one of the corner building in tank square, also in Berezino.  Those where the only two buildings I checked.

Loot is reduced.  Really, if you hit a single town that hadn't been touched yet, you were pretty much geared to the point where food wasn't a problem again.  I like the increased challenge.

The issue are not the cities themselves but rather the military tents, on any place (Balota, NW airfield). Loot is not spawning there at all, even after a restart. Sure they could reduce loot for all I care, but completely remove it? Might as well remove the tents from the map then, as it's quite illogical to find so many tents without a single piece of loot.

not sure if it's broken or they want it to be like this.. i don't understand the point of taking away from a game with out adding something else in return.. there's not much to do right now but run around and find shit.. now they make it so there's nothing to find.. literally the game is becoming spawn -> starve -> die repeat

• Like 2

As posted elsewhere a few minutes ago...

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with the loot. I've not long been playing on a full capacity hardcore server and, within about 30 minutes of play in Berezino, I had collected...

- A box of 7.62 ammo
- A Mosin to shove them in (I also sprayed it black to see what it looked like)
- A box of .357 ammo (which replaced the loose rounds I had already picked up (which replaced some .45ACP I had already picked up))
- A baseball bat
- A head torch
- Bandages (taken from a medkit, which I had to leave because I had no capacity for it)
- Two tins of spaghetti and a tin of sardines
- A screwdriver to open them
- Countless cans of soda

I also met two people on my travels and heard several more in my vacinity but avoided them, so it's not like there weren't people around. Also, full server in Berezino. My only issue was not finding a backpack and therefore not having enough carrying capacity for all of the shit lying around.

So yeah, exactly zero problems with loot here. And this was a full hardcore server in Berezino with people around.

*shrugs*

T. Entire city blocks empty, doors were all closed. Found a can of tuna, a can of beans, a soda and a baseball bat and after about an hour I died of starvation.

whew, for a while, I thought i was simply blind or daft to be dying of starvation after looting several cities....  

Either they have significantly lowered the loot, or the loot isn't dropping.

sucks that this seems to be the case.... :(  My character currently has pockets full of food  B)

The issue are not the cities themselves but rather the military tents, on any place (Balota, NW airfield). Loot is not spawning there at all, even after a restart. Sure they could reduce loot for all I care, but completely remove it? Might as well remove the tents from the map then, as it's quite illogical to find so many tents without a single piece of loot.

That could be.  I don't go to Bolata or NW airfield.

Do you think it might be a little 'social experiment' to see what happens if the current PvP gear up and deathmatch we had before the patch gets nerfed. If so, it is looking to shake up the whole game in a good way, IMHO. And judging from the outcry in the forums, it is definatly hitting a certain section of the PvP community hard.

But it just as well might be a bug.

Maybe :) I have met more friendlies in two chars since the patch than i have in the last two weeks. The people more focused on pvp are generally the ones worrying were all the mil gear is when loot suddenly gets rarer. 

Something is odd with the loot spawns. A few buildings that didn't have any loot (i.e. barns) now have it, but a lot of buildings that USED to have loot now have none. It's not consistent, but it happens too often for it to be a coincidence.

Loot is still fine, just been turned down a lot. And thats a good thing, make it harder to survive, because it was way to easy before the patch. I think we will see stuff like rifles in residentials getting very very rare as time goes on, and lets not forget junk items when they arrive. That little spell of guns everywhere at the start was only due to lack of other loot. Now we getting more items too pad the tables wave goodbye to guns, food and drink everywhere you look :)

Loot is still fine, just been turned down a lot. And thats a good thing, make it harder to survive, because it was way to easy before the patch. I think we will see stuff like rifles in residentials getting very very rare as time goes on, and lets not forget junk items when they arrive. That little spell of guns everywhere at the start was only due to lack of other loot. Now we getting more items too pad the tables wave goodbye to guns, food and drink everywhere you look :)

The problem with the latest patch though is food and drink isn't everywhere, neither are basic melee weapons and items that can open canned food. Until they have a loot respawn system in, what is going to happen when you join a busy server after it has already been up for 2-3 hours? What are you going to find? Maybe a rotten banana someone left behind or maybe one can of food you can't open.

I'm all for an increase in the survival aspect of the game and less people running about fully geared up like they are a member of some special forces unit, but they need to implement other features first before they strip things back to being a barren post apocalyptic world.

• Like 1

Something is odd with the loot spawns. A few buildings that didn't have any loot (i.e. barns) now have it, but a lot of buildings that USED to have loot now have none. It's not consistent, but it happens too often for it to be a coincidence.

Noticed this too.  In particular those grey tin roofed garages that are everywhere which once spawned motorcycle helm, wrenches, gloves, stuff like that are all completely empty.  Those green houses with the 2nd floor, the one with the windows to the balcony in one of the bedrooms spawn nothing upstairs where the table & 2 chairs are.  Mil tents are all empty.  Those bigger yellow houses with the 2 sets of gray shelving never seem to have anything on them anymore.  There are more examples just can't think of them right now.

• Like 1

Entire city blocks completely empty of loot.

Half of all buildings searched have absolutely nothing in them.

Loot spawning has been broken by this last patch, really hope we dont have to wait until another patch for this to get fixed.

merging.

Hello there

This means i merged your other thread (quoted) into this earlier thread as its on the same subject.

Its notification for you, so you dont wonder what happened to your old thread.

All standard operating procedure.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

This means i merged your other thread (quoted) into this earlier thread as its on the same subject.

Its notification for you, so you dont wonder what happened to your old thread.

All standard operating procedure.

Rgds

LoK

Can you move it to the general section please ???

done.

L

• Like 1

Noticed this too.  In particular those grey tin roofed garages that are everywhere which once spawned motorcycle helm, wrenches, gloves, stuff like that are all completely empty.  Those green houses with the 2nd floor, the one with the windows to the balcony in one of the bedrooms spawn nothing upstairs where the table & 2 chairs are.  Mil tents are all empty.  Those bigger yellow houses with the 2 sets of gray shelving never seem to have anything on them anymore.  There are more examples just can't think of them right now.

Exactly this, military tents aside, many places that always had basic things are now completely empty. And no, they haven't been looted, as this was after a server restart. I personally thought that before the patch there was too much loot but, this is somewhat broken, not to mention rather disappointing when you reach a small town and it's completely empty. This wasn't an issue before, it makes the game feel even more unfinished to be honest, like they didn't touch a certain area with loot spawns.

Edited by xRuneXero
  • Like 1