Sign in to follow this  
enlgma

DayZ Spawn Points - Mass Suicide

Your correct it may not solve the problems but in a conversation you generally share opinions and ideas about a topic that could help. No make retard troll comments like Frosti.

People do suicides because they have a choice and hope to a good spawn. Need to remove the choice and the game will become what it should be - a hopeless survival simulator.

It saddens me that we have so many idiots in our community now. 

Run inland you twats. Play the game for crying out loud. It's actually fun exploring the map and getting geared up alone. Chat with a buddy in teamspeak while you do it. Have a beer and enjoy the beauty that is DayZ.

This is absolutely pathetic. Fucking casuals. Do you even lift? DO YOU LIFT BRO?!?

It saddens me that we have so many idiots in our community now. 

Run inland you twats. Play the game for crying out loud. It's actually fun exploring the map and getting geared up alone. Chat with a buddy in teamspeak while you do it. Have a beer and enjoy the beauty that is DayZ.

This is absolutely pathetic. Fucking casuals. Do you even lift? DO YOU LIFT BRO?!?

No!

We will just run in wave after wave into the campers bullets untill their m4's get ruined from all the shooting!

Your correct it may not solve the problems but in a conversation you generally share opinions and ideas about a topic that could help. No make retard troll comments like Frosti.

I'm sorry man. Can't. Get. Past. Avatar. 

GO DAWGS!!!!

I did share an opinion...I didn't really think I was trying to troll you lol :/

And to be completely honest, if you die from anything other than a spawnkilling a-hole within the first 5 minutes of your spawn in the finished game, you need to be disallowed from spawning for a certain period of time (because that's also just sad...). Thus, people are discouraged from simply throwing themselves to the  mercy of the elements or zombies because the same amount of time they spend waiting to respawn they could have spent traveling to a location.

Either way, both systems remove the "reward" element from the intentional suicide. 

If they removed the loot at Balota, and instead distributed that loot in other places in the south, like some wrecked Humvees and small camps, etc, I'd prefer the old spawns too, or both together, because i don't see people for hours on end now. Didn't seem to happen that much before.

If they removed the loot at Balota, and instead distributed that loot in other places in the south, like some wrecked Humvees and small camps, etc, I'd prefer the old spawns too, or both together, because i don't see people for hours on end now. Didn't seem to happen that much before.

Yup this is how it is. If you avoid loot hot spots you may not meet a living soul in days.

We will just run in wave after wave into the campers bullets untill their m4's get ruined from all the shooting!

I have yet to be killed by anyone as a fresh spawn. Seriously, not one time. It's not that hard, head for the woods. It's the area, with all the trees and cover that is 100 meters or less away from you when you spawn. 

I logged in last night at the factory on a full 40/40 person server and Orlovets had not been touched. ORLOVETS!! It's 1000 meters from the spawn point. People are idiots, good news for me. I got a pristine fire axe, back pack, motor bike helmet, bottle of water, and like eight cans of food within ten minutes because people are idiots and don't know how to play this game. 

• Like 1

No. The solution is absolutely not to cater to players who would rather spend 20 minutes repeatedly suiciding in order to save themselves a 20 minute run. It's senseless effort to cater to a senseless group of players.

You can't argue with this.. very nicely put.

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 1

People do suicides because they have a choice and hope to a good spawn. Need to remove the choice and the game will become what it should be - a hopeless survival simulator.

Remove choice from the sandbox game and make it a boring grind.

I will keep suiciding for 5 min to skip the 30min run.

Why? They're the ones who changed it from the old system on purpose. What's wrong with it, exactly? 5 minutes to Berezino, 15-20 to Chernogorsk or (better yet, if you're smart) a straight shot inland to Mogilevka, etc.

Old spawn points west of Chernogorsk are no longer appropriate given the quality of loot available in Balota, Pavlovo, Zelonogorsk, Vybor, etc.

West is the new North which makes East the new South. You spawn far from the "good stuff" for a reason.

Without a map, Mogilevka, et. al, aren't options.  Berezino is often picked clean because everyone is spawning near it and getting to cherno while avoiding KOS players takes approx. 40 minutes running, 25 minutes sprinting, assuming you don't starve to death before making it and assuming you run a straight line to get there (again, not possible without a map)... I never suggested we spawn in major cities, but more than a few spawn points on the east coast or inland would be nice. 

Wow, so much good advice, "don't run in the middle of the road" "don't run through areas with a large amount of snipers" "get off the coast and stroll down easy street while everyone is dying and crying on the coast"

when people ignore this kind of advice make's me <inadmissible:breach of forums rules>

at this point I'm voting for the suicide/ spawn lock option.

Did you choose where you where born? no

did you choose where you live? yes you did

• Like 1

Without a map, Mogilevka, et. al, aren't options.  Berezino is often picked clean because everyone is spawning near it and getting to cherno while avoiding KOS players takes approx. 40 minutes running, 25 minutes sprinting, assuming you don't starve to death before making it and assuming you run a straight line to get there (again, not possible without a map)... I never suggested we spawn in major cities, but more than a few spawn points on the east coast or inland would be nice. 

yep, they are options, there's road, train tracks and high voltage lines linking cities and towns. going from spawn to Berezino then to Cherno is a bloodly long way to do it. Berezino is getting picked clean because 1. people are realizing it's not such a bad place to end up. 2. The new town in the north has everyone wanting to check it out.

• Like 1

Why are you heading straight for Cherno? Head inland dude. Small towns, explore, enjoy, survive. You should be heading straight for a water pump. 

See my previous post on this thread for some perspective on how ludicrous what you're saying is.

Remove choice from the sandbox game and make it a boring grind.

I will keep suiciding for 5 min to skip the 30min run.

A sandbox doesn't means, that is all choices by beginning. Maybe someone will spawn not in the apocalypse setting, but in Cherno Life.

The story, as survivors are from the sunken ship, it seems rather reasonable.

Maybe in passing the character partially lost memory.

Edited by gregor

Why are you heading straight for Cherno? Head inland dude. Small towns, explore, enjoy, survive. You should be heading straight for a water pump. 

See my previous post on this thread for some perspective on how ludicrous what you're saying is.

It's almost as if someone has a different playstyle than yours.

Some of us don't like spending all day in the forest eating beans, we enjoy PvP, and you need guns to PvP.

It's almost as if someone has a different playstyle than yours.

Some of us don't like spending all day in the forest eating beans, we enjoy PvP, and you need guns to PvP.

Well you need to stay alive and go where the loot is to get guns so heading inland is by far the best option. That's logic my friend. You'll figure it out.

I'm not talking about how I play, I'm referring to how a new player would find this current spawn system a poor choice.  Not everyone has time to pour over forums, read wikis or watch videos in order to learn all the tricks, some just want to play.  I can't wait to see what the official manual looks like when this game is released :o   

Heading inland doesn't work unless you have a map.  Currently, you starve to death before finding a town by chance.  

I'm not talking about how I play, I'm referring to how a new player would find this current spawn system a poor choice.  Not everyone has time to pour over forums, read wikis or watch videos in order to learn all the tricks, some just want to play.  I can't wait to see what the official manual looks like when this game is released :o   

Heading inland doesn't work unless you have a map.  Currently, you starve to death before finding a town by chance.  

Here ya go:

http://www.dayztv.com/map/

• Like 1

ROADS CONNECT TOWNS, TRAIN TRACKS CONNECT TOWNS, POWER LINES CONNECT TOWNS, LAND SLOPES DOWN TOWARD THE COAST.

my very first game, with my very first life, I went inland and used these techniques to get to what I now know is little cathedral, but it was night time and I couldn't find water in the dark (didn't know what well's looked like) and managed to trek all the way BACK to the coast using my all caps advices.  All at night time and without any 3rd party maps.

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 2

Honestly, Solyn isn't a terrible spawn. It is only a short walk north to some reasonable stuff (maybe 10 min). However I will kill myself there if I wanted to go west as opposed to north.

Kam is a horrible spawn. There is nothing worthwhile in ANY direction for quite some time. I spent time looking around in the area on my second life and realized I hate this spawn. If I spawn there, I climb the cliff and jump.

The WORST spawn is when you spawn on the island near Kam. Then you have to spend 5 minutes swimming just to get back to the main land, with nothing to show for it.

For new players, the only option, without metagaming, is to follow the costal highway to find other towns. My first character starved to death in the far North while following roads. I couldn't find anywhere with food loot. (Was with a group that shot down the idea of following powerlines). Do you have any idea how many dead end dirt roads leading to empty farm houses / tiny villages there are?

Now you have to ask yourself, why do people like spawning near Elektro if it is a death trap... Because it is a death trap for EVERYONE. Of the like 5-6 times I have spawned there, I was able to find a geared amd armed body within 5 minutes twice. Thus, I can get geared in 15 minutes at Elektro (6 5 min spawns divided by 2 geared bodies) vs 3 hours+ at ANY other spawn point.

Now, I think they recognize this challenge, and have added the new city and the ship to the North to increase the value of that area. However, the south east of the map is still empty of valuable / good loot. Maybe they should add something interesting in the small village just north of Kam.

• Like 2

I would edit my post if I could, but there doesn't seem to be any option on a BB.

Honestly, I think the loot tables need adjustment based on area of the map in addition to building type. That way you could boost the drop rate at Kam of say, backpacks, food and water, and drop it elsewhere on the map. This could be understood as "Kam fell first" and the people weren't able to get out. Thus they food and clothing stayed in the buildings.

athedral, but it was night time and I couldn't find water in the dark (didn't know what well's looked like) and managed to trek all the way BACK to the coast using my all caps advices.  All at night time and without any 3rd party

Using a third-party map to play a game illustrates perfectly that there is a problem... 

ROADS CONNECT TOWNS, TRAIN TRACKS CONNECT TOWNS, POWER LINES CONNECT TOWNS, LAND SLOPES DOWN TOWARD THE COAST.

my very first game, with my very first life, I went inland and used these techniques to get to what I now know is little cathedral, but it was night time and I couldn't find water in the dark (didn't know what well's looked like) and managed to trek all the way BACK to the coast using my all caps advices.  All at night time and without any 3rd party maps.

Did you come from the DayZ Mod or was this the first time ever playing DayZ?  I find it hard to believe that a complete n00b would figure these things out on the first play.  Most people I encounter in the game can't even tell what direction north is, let alone find specific towns while running through a forest unaided.  

Edited by InvisiMan2013