WastedHP®

Well this is cute..........

Well the way i look at it, you should have a option for how ever you wish to play. Servers should have a option to have it 24/7 day or night, They pay for the game and then pay for the servers on top of that. They should be able to do what they wish with their server, IE day, night, RP, private, public... If you pay 120$ a month for a server and cant control the server how you wish and they take away the 24/7 day option( if that is true )will hurt this game honestly. There are a lot of people that rather play in the daytime due to more than just one reason. It will certainly hurt sales on both sides and I'm sure will have the affect on a lot of players in the game and server owners breaching contract due to the fact to be unable to personalize their server. Also players will  quit or ask for their money back from steam, Just my opinion, Also had a question of my own.... is there a option to see what server you have a profile on???? I know your gear doesn't go from one server to another but honestly i didn't see a marker for profiles on each server? this will be rather difficult to find your profile

Its probably just a test thing.

Normally they allow time setting or they make servers use the local time of the server.

I think something went wonky with the 

setDate getSystemTime;

Part of the code :)

As for what servers you have a profile on you have a history tab I guess thats as close as they have gone so far.

If your not server hopping a lot history tab is a good thing :)

Servers should have a option to have it 24/7 day or night

They do.  You people are running for the hills and screaming about the sky falling for nothing.

The servers have been reset, all that needs to be done if for the admins to reset the start times.  Boom.  Servers are daylight again.

How do I know?  Mine is RUNNING, daylight.  Sig.

Calm.  Down.  

@OP, Really? Are you that much of a baby that you can't even survive a night server? What has this come to? You know that DayZ is about surviving, having realism. Realism is not when the sun is out all day of your life, 24/7. If you bought DayZ and you are now complaining about no 24/7 daylight servers, you are seriously just a wimp. Get used to it.

You're a tester. Obviously this isn't going to be a permanent thing.

• Like 1

im in a daytime server? i had the night issues at first, but hell, once it doesn't work exactly how you'd like you want 30 bucks back? I bet you don't keep any game long if that's the case, suprised you still use steam to be honest. Just a word to the wise, if it's that tight for ya, maybe next time you don't spend your money on something that isn't finished up... Obviously there was going to be issues here and there man.. Suggest a day off, relax watch a show... It's not perma night time, basically all i hear is "If i can't hop servers in the daylight to loot up and spray bambi's then i want my cash back... Grow a set and play on a pop server, it's really not that bad..

Edited by Deepfryer

Spend 30$ on a game, play the game love it and enjoy it very much.

Then you take away the day time... yup requesting money back from steam. 

Have fun. I don't want immature people playing this anyway.

• Like 1

Spend 30$ on a game, play the game love it and enjoy it very much.

Then you take away the day time... yup requesting money back from steam. 

Did you know this is an Alpha and not a game? Did you know you can expect game breaking bugs preventing you from playing? Did you read any of the 200 warnings every time you logged in or the 4 you get before you buy the alpha?

Really?

If you can't handle night time, then it isn't the game for you.

But it isn't realistic. Even if you're Chuck Norris you'd stay indoors at night. So basically as a new spawn I've got to find a house and lie down during the night. When daylight arrives I'd be out looting and exploring, I'm also fairly sure I won't have a full time day job after the zombie apocalypse,  which most people who play the game have.

See the problem? It's always going to be night for a lot of people who play the game if the servers are set to real world time.

I'm ok with having some night play but I don't want to spend my entire life gaming time there it's just not realistic.

If we're going for full realism, then why not just make it so that when you die, the game uninstalls and you can never play it again?

frankly, for alot of people, i think that'd be a better solution than trying to make the game interesting for them. Personally i hope they make 24-7 day a thing of the past, it's a complete wank, makes some of the gear useless and sucks up all the players so that I can't find a full local server with anything but 24-7 day. 

I don't care what you want, i care about what Dayz is meant to be, and at the moment, they are two different things. 

Edited by Capo

But it isn't realistic. Even if you're Chuck Norris you'd stay indoors at night. So basically as a new spawn I've got to find a house and lie down during the night. When daylight arrives I'd be out looting and exploring, I'm also fairly sure I won't have a full time day job after the zombie apocalypse,  which most people who play the game have.

See the problem? It's always going to be night for a lot of people who play the game if the servers are set to real world time.

I'm ok with having some night play but I don't want to spend my entire life gaming time there it's just not realistic.

I don't see why everyone is freaking out about it. I hardly doubt it's a permanent thing.

• Like 1

This is legitimate. There are a couple things that will be helping this. One of them is fixing flashlights so they dont go through walls. Fixing video settings/textures (they can fix this to long to explain how) so people cant just 'adjust their brightness'. Allow people to melee with the flash light. And other things. 

However right now it is a bit obnoxious due to the above. Patience will see how it goes, but it may be a while. In the mean time, try it out, its crazy creepy even if you adjust your settings.

Spend 30$ on a game

Well yes you did, but you don't have the game yet. The game isn't done and therefor you don't HAVE the game. What you have right now is the alpha testing build of the game. You can't judge the released version (the $30 game you paid for) until its out. The alpha testing period is about getting that finished product you paid $30 for as good as possible, meaning voicing your opinions on things like night time. If you can't handle that I'd advise staying away from early access in the future.

Its not rocket (HEUGH) science.

• Like 2

Playing at night just hurts my eyes even at high bright/gamma unless I'm doing something wrong.

Still trying to find a pristine set of eyeballs but can't seem to find any. :( Haha.

Id personally like to have 2 hour cycles or something like that, or 3 hours of day 2 hours of night. It would make the experience more well rounded for people who like to play on one server or another because we dont play for 24hours a day..

I don't see why everyone is freaking out about it. I hardly doubt it's a permanent thing.

I'm not, I posted on the other thread that I didn't think this was going to be a permanent feature. Just the hard core lot going on that it's not realistic to have 24hr day servers. My point is it's not realistic to wander around at night in Chernarus. Some of the narrow-minded HC crew get on my t*ts.

I wonder if we introduced real time sleep would HC crew back that? You know having to watch their sleeping toons for 8 hours? Just so it's realistic. Some folk need to realize that this is not RL it's a computer game which is there to provide escapism and fun.

Make it realistic but not to the point where it impacts on the fun. I think the Devs well know this, better than a lot of posters on here.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes
  • Like 1

Just join a daytime server. Or use a torch? You start with one right?!? I've been playing DayZ mod since it came out and this never been an issue. It's your choice. It's just a game. People need to find something to whine about don't they...

2014_01_22_00074.jpg

2014_01_22_00106.jpg

2014_01_22_00095.jpg

I love the nights. To each his own. I positively impacts the fun for me. There are day servers and night servers. Now you can see the time of the server you're joining. It's a video game. It supposed to be fun. But some aspects might not be fun for you, and fun for others. There should be all those features so that everyone finds something it likes. Please stop whining, enjoy what you have while you have it. IRL, when you die, it's over...

• Like 1

Scared of the dark.

Buys zombie game.

Demands refund cuz of night.

• Like 2

I'm not, I posted on the other thread that I didn't think this was going to be a permanent feature. Just the hard core lot going on that it's not realistic to have 24hr day servers. My point is it's not realistic to wander around at night in Chernarus. Some of the narrow-minded HC crew get on my t*ts.

Night time is actually a really good time to run around and gather things. For one thing people who are scared of the dark hunker down at night... meaning yourself. Also, the zombies can't see you as easily nor can snipers at 400 meters. I can't wait until they add Road Flares and glow sticks into SA. Those made nighttime very wild. We used to throw a flare down the street and then use the very limited light it gave off to maneuver around without entering the actual light circle. Other people would watch the light circle and end up missing us as we slipped past. It was really great to counter Night Vision Goggles that some people had. 

If this were real life I would very likely wander around at night with a pinhole red flashlight to light my way so I didn't alert anyone else around as to my location. 

• Like 1

Threads like this make me wish that they'd make this game 24/7 night time just to piss people like the OP off.

Please stop playing this game forever.

• Like 2

my computer can't handle

Not a reason to ask for your money back on an Early Release Alpha Game. You spend money to support the development of the game and deal with the issues in the mean time. No need to complain and try to get your money back because your PC can't handle it. If you want a game that works perfect in Alpha, go play something else.

This isn't an issue of the patch breaking the day/night settings. Looks like it made servers default to a certain time as they came back up. Server admins just haven't adjusted their settings. Chill out.

• Like 1