Sign in to follow this  
Andarne (DayZ)

New Patch - Crashing, Extreme Desync, Beret Errors

Hey there folks! My friend and I just upgraded to the latest stable release (0.32.114577) and we've been unable, at all, to play the game.

For starters, both of our framerates have dropped by nearly half since the latest patch. We were running an easy 45FPS average each. Now we're down to 15-20 in the wilderness. Secondly, we're both experiencing extreme desync issues all the time. It's made gameplay impossible, as we cannot see each other move nor manipulate objects in the world. Finally, we're crashing every so often when going into the inventory or walking for a little bit.

We've both verified the game through Steam, and all files returned successfully. Just wondering if these bugs are new with the patch, and why we're still seeing the desync?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Have you tried different servers? Those issues actually sound like they could be serverside, especially the desync that is going on with you.

You should try a different server and try again.

I have experienced many of the same things. 

I logged into a server when they came back up, fresh spawn. Played for an hour, logged off. That server was pinging too high when I came back, so I moved to a new server... new spawn. I figured the table reset again, so no big deal... played another hour. Started getting attacked by invisible zombies, so I fled, then logged out. Try a third server, and it's yet another respawn. I log off that server immediately, and jump on the first server I had been on. My first character loaded, but I got a coding error for some beret (not in my inventory). Then the server dumped me for an authentication error.

Now, at the main screen of the game it shows me with nothing. If I were a gambling man, I would say the loot tables went sideways and the playerstate data cannot be added to the hive. Each instance is specific to the server you played on, until the tables are squared away. I would assume anything you've done to this point will be wiped again at least once tonight as they iron out the bugs.

What are your current Configurations? There are multiple FPS enhancing guides on the forum. EI: If Shadows and Couds are enabled, disable them.

As for the desync, try different servers with a lower PING.

Have you tried different servers? Those issues actually sound like they could be serverside, especially the desync that is going on with you.

Im amazed how useless most of your posts are...specialy while considering your post count, but this one here is especialy genius.

No, i guess in front of verifying his game files he only tried a single server... seriously?!?

Maybe you are unaware of this, but for some/many players desynch is a problem that is occuring on nearly all servers no matter which locations those servers are at.

Just to add some information too and not only wonder:

I have same problems after the patch ...on ... all... servers.

The problems he describes even come up while using exactly the same graphic settings as used in front of the patch.

I guess he didnt check his graphic settings either.... common sense anyone?

Edited by SprStnd

We have tried over ten servers, and all of them present the issues I've listed. We didn't stick to the same hosts either; Vilayer, MPGS and a couple of others. All were low-ping.

What are your current Configurations? There are multiple FPS enhancing guides on the forum. EI: If Shadows and Couds are enabled, disable them.

As for the desync, try different servers with a lower PING.

Same as before the patch; I was averaging around 45FPS in towns and even hit 120 when looking at a wall! Now we're lucky if we can get 25 looking at the floor...

For the record; Steam launch paramaters, and DayZ.cfg/DayZProfile.cfg edits to suit my system. Even running on high-performance mode.

i have the exact same issue... out of 12 Servers ( europe, fr uk GB DE) i have desync issues in 11!! it takes like 2-5 minutes til i get that baret error message ingame. took me 5 mins to drink a Soda on one Server.

Your video settings are at default after the patch. Just put it on low again and your good to go.

I get the beret error too, but as for the performance it's the same. It moves even more fluently since I added the MarkC mousefix.

Your video settings are at default after the patch. Just put it on low again and your good to go.

ohw please use your brain and learn to read.

We are all aware of this as we did check it before we came here to report stuff like this!!!

Im amazed how useless most of your posts are...specialy while considering your post count, but this one here is especialy genius.

No, i guess in front of verifying his game files he only tried a single server... seriously?!?

Maybe you are unaware of this, but for some/many players desynch is a problem that is occuring on nearly all servers no matter which locations those servers are at.

You might notice how long I have been trying to help people out on these forums and you simply need to make sure to ask those questions, as often enough they will be returned with a "Oh, shit - I haven't!"

I am trying to help others and as a matter of fact desync is caused serverside and hardly related to where the server is located, which you would know if you had more useful information than I do.

I have helped many people in my time and there's no such thing as useless posts in regards to troubleshooting, as it has to do with making sure to rule out certain factors (for example that it could be caused by certain servers). Now that we have ruled out the server and even hosting-factor, as the OP has replied to me you can see that it indeed has not been caused by that and we can move on deeper to solve the issue.

How come that every single one of your posts is actually that hostile? Have you not had your coffee yet?

You might notice how long I have been trying to help people out on these forums and you simply need to make sure to ask those questions, as often enough they will be returned with a "Oh, shit - I haven't!"

I am trying to help others and as a matter of fact desync is caused serverside and hardly related to where the server is located, which you would know if you had more useful information than I do.

I have helped many people in my time and there's no such thing as useless posts in regards to troubleshooting, as it has to do with making sure to rule out certain factors (for example that it could be caused by certain servers). Now that we have ruled out the server and even hosting-factor, as the OP has replied to me you can see that it indeed has not been caused by that and we can move on deeper to solve the issue.

How come that every single one of your posts is actually that hostile? Have you not had your coffee yet?

Every single post? as in 2 of 24?

I did not say desynch is related to the location of the server. I only said that i and many others have desynch on all servers no matter from which location they are at... which is information and so worth to be mentioned.

But i am able to accept being corrected and admit that your post might have been slighty helpfull... at its smallest possible ammount. Why did you not add further questions or suggestions than just a very single one? The only effect this has is a slower progress in analyzing the problem or helping persons with problems. Only because you came across many people that ask before checking the available sources of failures themselfs, doesnt mean you have to threat every new thread like there would only be naive persons around.

Below the cautious approach upon those, you could add further and realy helpfull parts of your great better knowledge sir.

And you are right, i was pretty rude which was not needed, but im wondering more and more every day why the only ones which try to help here seem to be players instead of maybe a developer from time to time. That might have caused some inconvenience which i projected into my posts. Please excuse me, i was just wondering.

Looking forward to your next step of input as real help is needed and appreciated!

Edited by SprStnd

Let's keep the bickering to a minimal, or at least, direct it towards those GODDAMN BUGS! *Clears throat, apologetically*

I believe I've fixed my performance issues regarding FPS. I knew my DayZ.cfg and profile files couldn't of been altered, as they're set to Read Only - while browsing through the Documents folders, I found the new variants that were added in the patch for my renamed character. After adding some edits to these new files, and setting them as Read Only, I now am getting around 30-35FPS in small towns. It's a start, but nowhere near where it was before the patch. Ideally, I'd like to keep this thread open for explorable ideas to resume my high-FPS.

I also checked my in-game graphics settings; they were as they were before the patch, nothing had changed.

did that instantly after the patch, did not realy help to get onto the old performance/fps level.

Edited by SprStnd

<< Those issues actually sound like they could be serverside, especially the desync that is going on with you>>

<<i have the exact same issue... out of 12 Servers ( europe, fr uk GB DE) i have desync issues in 11!>>

Hey guys,

You got to realise that a "dayz server" and a physical server" are not the same thing ('scuse me if you know it already). "Dayz" is software and a server is a machine, it is hardware, right? One physical server could be running 20 dayz games at the same time - at 40 players per game that's 800 people all using the same server at once. I say "20"..  but it depends on the server and where you draw the limit on how you want to share the processing power of the server, and what else the server is doing...  "dedicated" is a great word... hehe. A server can be about as powerful as what you're sitting in front of now, with maybe more disk space and more physical memory (we hope), AND a flash router, 'natch..

Just to run 20 examples (instances) of DayZ with one person playing on each of them takes some processing power. What happens if you have maybe 10 or 20 people logging on to each game and you're running 20 games?

Mainly, server time/space is hired out are for a profit by a company. They have a piece of hardware, they sell some dude space and processing time on the hardware and set up the game for him. They do that 10 times, all the games run well... so they push the limits a bit, they sell another 10 guys another 10 examples of the game still all running on the same server. If 20 instances run ok, then 25 will run... nearly as ok...

As a real example - without knocking any of the server providers - in Europe a while back the company Vilayer got a good community reputation for running the mod at a reasonable price, good quality (I mean good at the user end, players and hire-owners liked it, reliable, plus a reasonable limited interface to let the buyer access his Admin stuff).   But that was the MOD, A lot of the software was running at home on your own machine, and the server was keeping tabs on the map and hiving the info...

NOW a physical server has more work to do to run an example of DayZ SA. A lot of the development is targeted to cut the 'server time per player' which is  "server time per instance of DayZ SA"  Because a good server could run 1 instance of DayZ SA with any number of zombies, loot up to your neck, wild animals, rats and rabbits and fish jumping out of the sea. no problem (look at the MMORPGs) but how much do you charge for all that equipment hire? A real SERVER just for 1 example of the game? No one would buy in. 

And THEN suddenly in the middle of this optimization (and other stuff) a real HUGE LOT of people NOW want to buy themselves a little DayZ SA server game - So, the company isn't going to turn them away, and it sure doesn't want to invest in real big fast Cray supercooled mega-servers.. so now each server runs more examples of DayZ than it used to, and each of the SA takes a lot more processing than the old mod used to. And the companies are investing (maybe) to meet the increased demand. AND in some cases independent freaks (for profit or fun), and gaming clubs with available mystic nerd-power are going round the old computer repair shacks to see if they can find something second-hand that will meet the requirements, so they can do it themselves.

Without insulting any service suppliers, some are better than others... but not consistently...this is where players are confused ..  Maybe the Company has 10 Physical servers piled up to service one region ... the first 6 are full with 30 games running on each one, but the 4 others still only have 7 games running on each because they didnt sell any more yet... Man, the dayZ games on THOSE servers are going to run better than the ones that are full, even if memory allocation and processor usage is definded in the server D-SA software. When you run to capacity, things WILL always slow down.

Also, maybe the physical servers here are an older model than over there, they didn't invest yet, or don't intend to. Or they have 5 new ones and still 8 old ones that need updating. AND ALSO different server machines with different architecture and different soft do some things better and some things worse. It doesnt take a big server to run a few dozens of online dayz. But there's a limit to how many you can run, specially at peak times... and you go from 100 users to 5000 in half an hour as soon as the fans get back from school, right?

For myself - I notice that a LOT of Vilayer servers now with DayZ SA, but NOT all of them, start to have the same problem: I log on, I have good framerate.. there's only 2 other players, but then it takes me 5 Minutes to drink one can of soda- so looting and watching your back, you can forget it... There are other Vilayer servers that run fine, any time of day they still run fine... are they new servers with more processing power? are they only running a few examples of DayZ? .. I dunno... maybe they host other games too (either they are a pro multi-game service or maybe THEY themselves rent the server space/time off somewon else), then maybe it's just that  no one is playing Minecraft tonight so I got all that quad core  to myself.

Cant blame those guys - the demand for DayZ SA "servers" went from zero to 100,000 in a month. They want to make a profit, so its a question of- "do our instances of DayZ run "well enough"... heheh.  If you look at server distribution today you see how popularity has swung to other brands, people speak less good of Vilayer than a year ago. Perhaps Vilayer are now thinking about what hardware improvement they need to keep up with a new situation. There are 2 main names that people seem to want more than Vilayer now.. but one of them: Gameserves.com, is where I personally often have desync issues, unlike Vilayer - but on the other hand I can ALWAYS open a can of drink or pick up loot without waiting a year.

I have [CRAP]  ping some nights, at peak playing times,  so I've been around a LOT of servers from France to UK to Indonesia at odd times of day. I know what to expect from each one of them.. I know which ones you can really actually play and fight with a ping of 170+ (if you're careful on the stairs) where the sync mechanism WORKS and which servers you just CANT. Look around and try out the servers that usually and consistently have 30+ daytime players.. they are on that DayZ instance because they know it works well for them. Then look at servers that nearly always have max 2-5 daytime players, you soon find out why.

OK - that's the server side, it's the difference between a DayZ "server" and a physical SERVER. Explains a lot. Note that the update problems are a different problem - some server providers have already dealt with the update very pro - some haven't yet. tomorrow people will be talking abou the update glitches (the beret, hehe, why does the missing item beret make people want to kill themselves?...) and the new interactions and player reactions.

AND that's all folks but don't forget that you can do stuff at home to improve your framerate, as long as your game server is sending it, and to improve ping too. But first try shopping around and check what other players are doing... people are moving to where it works, server side. Go look.

thanks - im an ancient hardware freak so Im boring (did I get anything wrong?)  - Have fun. The update problems will be sorted fast. Good game+ Good dev team. Help them and make comments, we've got 1 million people working on this now, so we can make this into something AMAZING.    xx PILGRIM

• Like 1

Only seeing the 'Beret' error, here. I'm assuming that that may be related to incomplete content in-game as I don't think there is a beret in game ATM (at least I've never seen one pre or post-patch).

Only seeing the 'Beret' error, here. I'm assuming that that may be related to incomplete content in-game as I don't think there is a beret in game ATM (at least I've never seen one pre or post-patch).

YEP, there's berets all over the place - they're like rats and mice and bats in any military places, you can't get AWAY from those bright blue, green, red useless parade berets (they are maybe useful if you want to show up from a distance, or pretend to be special services to impress strangers). Me, I find them because  I'm looking for a new helmet since some (nice, sweet) guy shot me in the head from behind a bush, and the bullet bounced off. Heheheh! but my helmet went from pristine to ruined... so there's a plug for wearing a helmet. Now I want a NEW one 'cause I dont think anything is going to bounce off "ruined" any more.

Hey - maybe folk don't know that a mil helmet can deflect or dampen down a killing headshot - well it can, it's cool!  So wear your helmets kids. I shot half a mag  back into that bush while I rushed it (I was pissed off) and the one-shot guy gave up.. he was GONE... He drew a nice bead on me from behind while I was crouching, not moving,  and HE didn't know that a helmet can save your life. I didn't even bleed, zero injury.

But I need a new helmet and all I can find are berets everywhere.. maybe less ammo (a little) less guns, less HELMETS, and a few of the new the strage 'Gun Cleaning Kits' and just .... argh ... more berets. But in the update script someone forgot to define 'beret' as an item, so I guess I dont know what happens if you change servers wearing one.

xx PILGRIM

Edited by pilgrim

I dont know about american helmets but german army helmets are in most cases only for shrapnel deflection/protection and not fully bulletproof, of course just as much as i know. I was in the material group back then.

That does not mean that a shrapnel protection helmet cant deflect a bullet, it allways depends very much on the impact angle, distance to the shooting person and the caliber obviously.

Still nice to know it is possible in the game, thanks. :)

Edited by SprStnd

I also have massive desync I have tried dozens of servers, I can open my bags, and move around but I cannot interact with doors or loot, I can drag and drop items into my bag, and move items around in my bag but it does not update until I log out and log back in. Earlier today I was fine, but now on that same server it is unplayable, I checked many high pop servers and on none of them could I play, now I don't belive that 39 other people are putting up with it so is there anything on my end that would cause this?