Sign in to follow this  
TheStevieJ

Night server - Cant see anything

I literally can not see my player what so ever when I'm running. My friend however, if he turns his gamma ALL the way up he can near enough see like it is daylight outside. When I do it, it does next to nothing, I can see nothing, it is near enough just black. Is there something with my settings that are wrong or what? My gamma is up to full which some people say is cheap, but eh, it just makes no difference. It's like playing with your screen off. Anyone know whats wrong?

Don't do the gamma thing. Use the torch, that's why you have it. It's a temporary thing I assume, you can have your stupid 24/7 day servers back soon enough.

• Like 5

You should not abuse the gamemechanics to bypass that you can't see.

You spawn with a flashlight - use it!

Don't do the gamma thing. Use the torch, that's why you have it. It's a temporary thing I assume, you can have your stupid 24/7 day servers back soon enough.

You greek [...] - ninja'd me now! :D

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2

Working as intendend.

PS.

You friend is trolling you.

Gamma exploit has been fixed as you can see by yourself.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

It's fixed, which is why I thought, and why would I stop using it and put myself at a disadvantage when everyone else does it? Sorry but no, also he sent me a screenshot over steam so we could compare our screens, no he is not trolling, his still works as it did before.

• Like 1

It's fixed, which is what I thought but obviously not, and why would I stop using it and put myself at a disadvantage when everyone else does it? Sorry but no, also he sent me a screenshot over steam so we could compare our screens, no he is not trolling, his still works as it did before.

Edited by TheStevieJ

Working as intendend.

PS.

OUH - really? Hmmm.

It's fixed, which is why I thought, and why would I stop using it and put myself at a disadvantage when everyone else does it? Sorry but no, also he sent me a screenshot over steam so we could compare our screens, no he is not trolling, his still works as it did before.

Impossible.

Working as intendend.

PS.

No.

Can anyone explain why mine is so dark lol? It has not been fixed as my friend's is still fine.

Impossible.

Wrong.

Edited by TheStevieJ

Ummmm is the gamma exploit where you turn it all the way up so you can see like daytime? Because I was just able to do that.

Yeah it is, just mine seems to not work at all, only make the sky brighter lol, just curious to as of why.

Working as intendend.

PS.

pys3.jpg

• Like 3

Omg, they fixed the gamma exploit? I'm really pleased with the vision the devs have for this game. It's going to be so awesome when it's finally finished. 

Someone go check my steam screenshots and look at how dark my screen is. - TheCumFairy

I've no problem seeing at night........

29mvr89.jpg

8yvy3n.jpg

2cwpkqp.jpg

What did you think the flashlight was for? Using the excuse that everybody else is doing it, so you'd be at an disadvantage is just an excuse in itself.

• Like 2

pys3.jpg

Then it looks like some people still can gamma exploit and some can't.

I could gamma exploit in prev. patch and now I can't.

Edited by Frosti

I've no problem seeing at night........

29mvr89.jpg

8yvy3n.jpg

2cwpkqp.jpg

What did you think the flashlight was for? Using the excuse that everybody else is doing it, so you'd be at an disadvantage is just an excuse in itself.

Not an excuse, just not stupid. What's the point of constantly being KoS'd by torches that shine through walls when others simply turn up gamma. It's not an excuse, it's logic.

• Like 1

Okay I got it.

They do not fixed gamma exploit.

To gamma exploit you have to set clouds on at least very low and you can gamma exploit just like  before.

If you set clouds to disabled then gamma exploit do not work.

Christ almighty

there are times when I wonder why many members of this community ever bought the game.

Night time is dark because of the simple fact that the sun has slipped below the horizon and is aiming her rays at the other side of the planet, this game does night superbly well and the atmosphere of a busy server during darkness is second to none.

Get your torch out and enjoy yourself you pathetic excuse for a gamer.

• Like 4

Saying to just use the torch is stupid. How can you fight a zombie if you can't melee and hold the torch at the same time and it is pitch black dark? How do you run from one town to the next if you can't run while holding a torch? Saying "that's how real life works" or something else doesn't solve the problem that the game is mostly unplayable when it is pitch dark, and 95% of the players don't like it. That's why night servers never have more than 5 people on them and 4 of them are server hopping. People do not enjoy not being able to see a thing and people won't play like that for long.

• Like 1

Christ almighty

there are times when I wonder why many members of this community ever bought the game.

Night time is dark because of the simple fact that the sun has slipped below the horizon and is aiming her rays at the other side of the planet, this game does night superbly well and the atmosphere of a busy server during darkness is second to none.

Problem is you get killed by people who gamma exploit.

Can't enjoy game like that.

And if gamma exploit is free for all like I explained in my prev. post then you gotta gamma exploit or be killed by exploiters.

Hope Dean will fix it.

No thanks I'd rather have the advantage over the people using torchs.

Christ almighty

No. I'll stop doing it when the others stop doing it. Don't call others ''a pathetic excuse for a gamer'' because being in a 40/40 server looting Elektro with a torch on while almost EVERYONE else is exploiting the gamma is not being a good gamer, it's called being a dumbass.

I wouldn't mind dying because of that in a FPS or other game since you don't lose everything you've worked for and then get killed by someone who is using a glitch that 9/10 people use.

Edited by skin_head_army
  • Like 2

Problem is you get killed by people who gamma exploit.

Can't enjoy game like that.

And if gamma exploit is free for all like I explained in my prev. post then you gotta gamma exploit or be killed by exploiters.

Hope Dean will fix it.

gamma exploiters do indeed stain night time play for the rest of us with their cowardly ways and the ability to light up the night needs to be fixed, I still play nights and I still use a torch.

If I die because another guy exploits then so be it, I refuse to allow gutless wankers to impinge upon my enjoyment of the pure night time dayz experience.

• Like 1