Sign in to follow this  
6The6Count6

Different characters for Hardcore/Regular servers??

So it seems your character is now different for Hardcore and Regular servers,

Thats frankly pretty stupid, "hardcore" now being 3rd person off, I usually play on 1st person only servers but now this means if a few of my friends dont i need a WHOLE new character to play on regular??

Thats just needless hassle completely.

Anyone else agree?

• Like 3

this is alpha. Every time you start the game, it warns you about character wipes

furthermore, it does not take long to gear up a character

So no, I don't agree

I actually like that. You can chose to not abuse 3DP and even more so when it's running on a different hive. You're most like even safer on that hive, because there's less people abusing the gamemechanics and I always like to think of it as a safer place, as scripters can't stand 1st person. :D

• Like 1

I didn't play arma2, but how long will the night cycle last in Dayz? ))

So it seems your character is now different for Hardcore and Regular servers,

Thats frankly pretty stupid, "hardcore" now being 3rd person off, I usually play on 1st person only servers but now this means if a few of my friends dont i need a WHOLE new character to play on regular??

Thats just needless hassle completely.

Anyone else agree?

Hi.

You could take an hour or two to set up a decent rookie mode character for playing with your friends. Shouldn't really be all that difficult. They have separated the hives for a reason.

Regards.

• Like 1

you people keep saying it doesn't take long to gear up I would like to know where you gearing up at?   Cause it's a long run to any of the airfields and bases from spawn.

this is alpha. Every time you start the game, it warns you about character wipes

furthermore, it does not take long to gear up a character

So no, I don't agree

Try reading my post next time. "this is alpha" isnt a skeleton key for you to use for everything, you still DO need to read.

Im complaining because now, and stay with me now this is where it seemed to get tricky for you,

When playing on Hardcore servers your character is now DIFFERENT from the character you play on a REGULAR server? Nothing to do with character wipes yes? Good.

So i have to start 2 characters just to play with my mates and double my game time............because why? No reason so far as i can tell....

Edited by 6The6Count6

I look forward to trying this and having two different characters. I've wanted this possibility for quite a while.

I didn't play arma2, but how long will the night cycle last in Dayz? ))

Hi.

If the server is working properly, day/night is cycle is same as real world.

Regards.

I actually like that. You can chose to not abuse 3DP and even more so when it's running on a different hive. You're most like even safer on that hive, because there's less people abusing the gamemechanics and I always like to think of it as a safer place, as scripters can't stand 1st person. :D

No good to me if no one plays on the hardcore server though im afraid mate! At least before i could suffer the 3rd person ones for a while a populated non 3rd filled up yanno? Now im screwed.

• Like 1

I was ok, on the Rocket responce about 3rd person, basically saying, just choose the damn server wisely and don't complain

what I don't like is the separated Hives, he's making the game more niche/small to compensate for engine limitations

why divide the player base?

Official Regular

Official Veteran/Harcore or something

Private Hives Regular

PRivate Hive Hardcore

and tha'ts even without mods... way to go lads!

And you should be able to use several characters, but not hive dependants but user dependent like APB or any other RPG, for instace one male caucasic, one female , etc.

Edited by waffen-79
  • Like 2

No good to me if no one plays on the hardcore server though im afraid mate! At least before i could suffer the 3rd person ones for a while a populated non 3rd filled up yanno? Now im screwed.

You can try to convince your friends to play with you - or find people on here that will play it. I will play hardcore and I know a few that will play that as well. 

Don't be afraid of finding people to play with on here - they're (mostly) nice people.

You can try to convince your friends to play with you - or find people on here that will play it. I will play hardcore and I know a few that will play that as well. 

Don't be afraid of finding people to play with on here - they're (mostly) nice people.

To be fair mate, its a game ya play with friends not lone wolfing, your choice is now basically go lone wolfing (which is no fun at all) on unpopulated hardcore servers and even less "white listed" ones or playing with the 3rd person abusers just for some people to be around is frankly just bullshit of the highest order.

I was ok, on the Rocket responce about 3rd person, basically saying, just choose the damn server wisely and don't complain

what I don't like is the separated Hives, he's making the game more niche/small to compensate for engine limitations

Official Regular

Private Hives Regular

PRivate Hive Hardcore

And you should be able to use several characters, but not hive dependants but user dependent like APB or any other RPG, for instace one male caucasic, one female , etc.

Agreed completely.

Edited by 6The6Count6
  • Like 1

More to the point of it, would it not of been time better spent just fixing the 3rd person problems instead of dividing the fanbase more?

Edited by 6The6Count6

To be fair mate, its a game ya play with friends not lone wolfing, your choice is now basically go lone wolfing (which is no fun at all) on unpopulated hardcore servers and even less "white listed" ones or playing with the 3rd person abusers just for some people to be around is frankly just bullshit of the highest order.

No, I didn't suggest playing alone, even though that can be pretty intense at times as well.

I suggested searching for people that are at your level and actually enjoy playing 1st person only with you. And you can find those people on here. If not here, where would you find those?

No, I didn't suggest playing alone, even though that can be pretty intense at times as well.

I suggested searching for people that are at your level and actually enjoy playing 1st person only with you. And you can find those people on here. If not here, where would you find those?

Sorry you misunderstood my point, my point is the fun of this is game is playing with friends you already know, i already have enough of them that play, dont really care at all for meeting randomers i dont know online.

Sorry you misunderstood my point, my point is the fun of this is game is playing with friends you already know, i already have enough of them that play, dont really care at all for meeting randomers i dont know online.

I thought like that about 1.5 years ago as well and then I got to know a lot of people I wouldn't know now and I am happy about it. I wasn't really keen talking to strangers on the internet I have never met before, but I really do enjoy the variety of them all.

And if there are some you don't like it's even easier to chose not to do anything with them compared to your "RL". ;)

Anyone got a list of the "white listed" Hardcore servers then, just the hosted (gameserver, mgps.com, etc) ones will do so im not loosing my character daily as well as having to have two....

Official Regular

Private Hives Regular

PRivate Hive Hardcore

Given that private hives are, erm, private, complaining about population segmentation among private hives is kind of goofy. Every server is its own hive by definition, so regardless of hardcore, regular, official or mod it's going to be a unique set of characters.

So really there's just one division, hardcore/regular. There will be plenty of both servers and plenty of players to go around, so I really don't think it's anything to fuss about.

I don't get it either. It worked fine before, you choose your server according to the settings you wanted. Now you either have two characters or play solely in one mode. It's not always possible to find a low ping hardcore server, with good player numbers at all times of day.

Seems a very odd thing to have done. Hope it gets reversed.

• Like 1

I like it. A LOT.

Now I can finally have one character on normal servers which spawns with my buddies and other character on hardcore when I want to play alone.

This is EPIC

I am honestly kind of conflicted since it is good and bad given certain situations.

Like you said if you have split friends...but honestly in the long run it probably is for the best, since now it will reduce server hopping for one thing, but also it does sort of split the community even further....IDK.

I think 3rd person servers should be just that 3rd person ONLY, no switching, I think it would even out the preference.

The good news is it allows for testing/experimenting say if you play primarily on 1rst or 3rd you can just play on the other to practice aiming or if your 3rd it gives you the ability to test out first person without worrying about losing gear. So in the long run I think it is for the best but I can see the holes in it.

Gotta disagree with ya, OP, this is a great change. I was on the fence about setting up a second Steam account and buying the game again just to get a second character to mess around with when I'm without my squad. This is like getting a free copy of the game. I'm thrilled about it.