DirtyscumbagLith

Steam name gone, character gone

Just logged in and my steam name doesnt appear and my geared out character is not showing....

Before I say heck with it and jump in, anyone else have this issue? Gathering is 90% of the fun, so no worries, but was wondering why my personal name is showing and not my steam name.

I think I need to wave bye bye to my long range pristine scope....

crying-baby.jpg

jup seems like they wiped all the characters, just spawned at the coast with 10+ people

Me, and a bunch of other people, just logged on to characters a few days old. Something weird just happened to the hive.

I have no problems with my character, what are you guys talking about ?  :)

• Like 1

I got rolled back to a  wayyyyyyyyy earlier date, yo. Don't talk about your pristine scope or vest. I had an M4 with all attachments and they are ALL pristine. Bring us back to EXACTLY where we were. You guys need to fix this... I'm starting to think the patch isn't worth it at all. 

Okay, spawned now to public server.

Spawned in location where I was week ago, also all items look like that. It looks like the last week or so got wiped out of the hive or something?

Also why I can join servers with differend patch number than in my main menu?

So confused right now

Same here.

Character wiped out, my in-game nick is my computer's one and not the one I've set on Steam.

lost a COMPLETELY geared out character, full pristine M4, complete pristine armor w/hunters pack, 3 yellow boxes, 2 med kits, 2 ammo boxes.....this will be a pain in the arse(fun one though) to re acquire. 

I got rolled back to a  wayyyyyyyyy earlier date, yo. Don't talk about your pristine scope or vest. I had an M4 with all attachments and they are ALL pristine. Bring us back to EXACTLY where we were. You guys need to fix this... I'm starting to think the patch isn't worth it at all. 

I had an M4 with all pristine attachments as well in addition to my vest.

Yeah my toon was rolled back to one I had days ago. Also steam name was changed.

The name change was converted to your REAL name, but all you got to do is click on it and you're able to edit it. It's simple. But the roll back isn't simple. Was it intended, or a mistake?

Edited by Blackredorangefire

Yeah Steam did an auto update- now i have lost all items. Would be nice if that didn't happen, i know it's alpha but losing all progress due to an update? Not great motivation to keep playing and report bugs.

The baby photo sums up my emotions right now.

Just logged in and my steam name doesnt appear and my geared out character is not showing....

Before I say heck with it and jump in, anyone else have this issue? Gathering is 90% of the fun, so no worries, but was wondering why my personal name is showing and not my steam name.

I think I need to wave bye bye to my long range pristine scope....

crying-baby.jpg

Edited by basicallyrichard

The experimental version is on a separate hive, I believe.

Yea, my dude was rolled back to something from about 2 weeks ago XD No problem though, I like a fresh start.

One thing you should learn in DayZ is not to get attached to your gears. If you haven't learned that, you should.

Especially in EARLY ALPHA.  Expect this kind of things to happen often.

• Like 1

My character wasn't showing on the title screen either, so I figured he was wiped as well. I set a new default, but when I logged into a server it was back to the character I logged out of yesterday. May have been in a slightly different position from where I logged out, but not far.

Did you not read the multiple warnings about game breaking bugs that will effect your gameplay? Guess not.

Personally looking forward to starting over myself but I haven't logged in yet. We shall see!

• Like 3

Noooo ,my mosin :P

Seriously though guys. Its alpha.

Is to be expected and we were all warned about this.