DirtyscumbagLith

Steam name gone, character gone

I logged in and had a character from a week ago, I believe. Maybe longer. I rarely use the gas mask anymore and I was equipped with one.

Good times.

Meh, this early in development it is most expected to have characters wiped either on purpose or inadvertently. Whinging about it isn't going to change anything because it is what it is. You're character is dead, time to regear. It's that simple.

Did you notice I didn't say "Alpha!"...

I was just on before the hardcore servers seemed to disappear, I had all my gear prior to the patch, the database wasn't wiped, even though I figured the hardcore hive would be starting fresh and was EXPECTING to start fresh(so I am going to get myself killed to start again).

Be sure you are not playing on the Experimental servers, they have the same version, and are on a different hive, I saw them in the list while waiting for other hardcore servers to come back up, even though I am running Stable.

One thing you should learn in DayZ is not to get attached to your gears. If you haven't learned that, you should.

Especially in EARLY ALPHA.  Expect this kind of things to happen often.

Thanks. I thought me writing "Gathering is 90% of the fun, so no worries...I think I need to wave bye bye to my long range pristine scope...." attached with a pic of a baby crying showed I really didnt give a shit, but thanks for the canned response that you give those who whine about dying in this game to bandits/hacks/glitches.

I salute you, Captain Obvious!

• Like 1