Sign in to follow this  
jprime84

Finally found a Mosin, and left it there

Got on for about 15 minutes this morning, and my server only had a handful of people on it.  I had logged off near Vybor, and I decided to take a look and see if it had been looted recently.  The walkers around and the closed doors told me it hadnt, so I did a quick scan of the orange brick buildings with the archways, searching for the elusive mosin I had heard was the weapon of choice.

In the last one I searched, there it is.  I drop my M4, and grab up the mosin.  I throw on my bayonet I have been carrying around, and I pull some 7.62mm out of my ammo box.  I load up the rifle, but notice it only takes 1 round off the stack.  Thinking maybe its going to make me load one round at a time (which if the rifle has an internal magazine that doesnt detach, thats what you would have to do), I try to load another.  Nothing happens.

Confused, I fire the gun.  Works great, and now the round is gone, and I have to load another.  Ugh.

I decide that I like my automatic m4 with multiple 30 round magazines more, and I leave the thing on the floor and head back out into the woods before logging.  The videos I have seen show the mosin being fired several times before reloading.  Is this a recent change?

side note:  I blog about my characters experiences, so if you like dayz stories check out http://primedayz.blogspot.com/

• Like 4

Why is it stupid, pretty sure the Mosin is a Single-Shot rifle anyway? Most likely a intentional change that got added in the latest patch?

It is a bolt action rifle which is capable of holding 5 bullets. I have only heard of this single bullet loading bug in connection with the experiemental build, and especially in connection with spray painting the rifle. I have not encountered this in the current stable build, and I have also heard lots of people report that it doesn't occur with the unpainted Mosin in the experimental build, so the OP puzzles me somewhat.

• Like 7

It is a bolt action rifle which is capable of holding 5 bullets. I have only heard of this single bullet loading bug in connection with the experiemental build, and especially in connection with spray painting the rifle. I have not encountered this in the current stable build, and I have also heard lots of people report that it doesn't occur with the unpainted Mosin in the experimental build, so the OP puzzles me somewhat.

It can hold 5 rounds if you have stripping clips.  If not, each round needs to be loaded manually.

• Like 1

It can hold 5 rounds if you have stripping clips.  If not, each round needs to be loaded manually.

Yes, loaded manually. But as far as I understand the OP, he claims that he can only get the rifle to hold 1 bullet at any given time.

Edited by BadAsh

Strip clips are just a version of speed loaders that's it, it can still hold 5 rounds ether way.

• Like 1

Yes, loaded manually. But as far as I understand the OP, he claims that he can only get the rifle to hold 1 bullet at any given time.

Gotcha.  Yeah technically you could just shove the rounds down so that each shot (and bolt action) will load a new one.  It seems what he is describing is something that only the mag-fed pistols and ARs should do, since there is internal storage for ammo in a mosin - whereas the others require a magazine to store more than 1 round in the weapon.

I See what you're saying now.

Strip clips are just a version of speed loaders that's it, it can still hold 5 rounds ether way.

Yeah refer to my previous post (made right after yours) I just misunderstood him initially is all.

now that mosin is nerfed and m4 spawn lowered... i think i will start selling m4s i find for irl money.. oh yeah.. gotta make that money.. one prinstine m4 with all pristine magpul and acog for $20.. pm me bitches..lol

• Like 2

now that mosin is nerfed and m4 spawn lowered... i think i will start selling m4s i find for irl money.. oh yeah.. gotta make that money.. one prinstine m4 with all pristine magpul and acog for $20.. pm me bitches..lol

...enjoy getting banned, I guess? Or scammed.  Either way enjoy the unfortunate times ahead in your new business lol

Mosin in the game world is useless in my opinion. Mosin is realistic gun throwed into unreal world of super humans with unlimited stamina sprint.

I have killed at least 10 guys with mosins with my fists.

How?

I did fist sprint around them and they could not hit me becouse mosin do not have automatic fire.

PS.

And let's not forget recent mosin nerf. Now you need at least 2-3 shots to kill someone.

Edited by Frosti

Do you need to drag the bullets in one at a time? I have a mosin, they hold 5 rounds. Probably a glitch.

Got on for about 15 minutes this morning, and my server only had a handful of people on it.  I had logged off near Vybor, and I decided to take a look and see if it had been looted recently.  The walkers around and the closed doors told me it hadnt, so I did a quick scan of the orange brick buildings with the archways, searching for the elusive mosin I had heard was the weapon of choice.

In the last one I searched, there it is.  I drop my M4, and grab up the mosin.  I throw on my bayonet I have been carrying around, and I pull some 7.62mm out of my ammo box.  I load up the rifle, but notice it only takes 1 round off the stack.  Thinking maybe its going to make me load one round at a time (which if the rifle has an internal magazine that doesnt detach, thats what you would have to do), I try to load another.  Nothing happens.

Confused, I fire the gun.  Works great, and now the round is gone, and I have to load another.  Ugh.

I decide that I like my automatic m4 with multiple 30 round magazines more, and I leave the thing on the floor and head back out into the woods before logging.  The videos I have seen show the mosin being fired several times before reloading.  Is this a recent change?

side note:  I blog about my characters experiences, so if you like dayz stories check out http://primedayz.blogspot.com/

might be that you entered one of the test servers... the thing is that the mosin in the test servers have this issue right now...

I have a mosin and I put everytime 5 rounds into it not single load every time.

I had this problem with the mosin once. I noticed the 7.62 rounds i had were ruined. I switched to the prestine ones i had and it loaded correctly

Gotcha.  Yeah technically you could just shove the rounds down so that each shot (and bolt action) will load a new one.  It seems what he is describing is something that only the mag-fed pistols and ARs should do, since there is internal storage for ammo in a mosin - whereas the others require a magazine to store more than 1 round in the weapon.

I See what you're saying now.

The storage is called a magazine  :D

Mosin in the game world is useless in my opinion. Mosin is realistic gun throwed into unreal world of super humans with unlimited stamina sprint.

I have killed at least 10 guys with mosins with my fists.

How?

I did fist sprint around them and they could not hit me becouse mosin do not have automatic fire.

PS.

And let's not forget recent mosin nerf. Now you need at least 2-3 shots to kill someone.

2-3,shots to new nerf? Are you sure?

I started up dayz and hit play.  I didnt change server or anything, so perhaps they pushed the build to stable?

Edit: I am pretty sure my rounds were not ruined.  You have me second guessing myself now, unless the server I normally play on had the build pushed to it without me noticing.  I will have to take another look.

I was in a tough spot though! You can only hold one gun, and I am sitting in a town with my good rifle on the floor trying to figure out why the other rifle doesnt function how I would expect.  I decided I spent enought time and got out of there.

Edited by jprime84

should have just taken both guns. put the mosin on your back and take the m4 into hands. just kill people up close with m4, and if u need to snipe just put the m4 on the ground and take out the mosin.

2-3,shots to new nerf? Are you sure?

For 90% guy will survive first shot.

sigh a lot of misinformation here .. i havent read every post and im sure someone else has pointed it out but mosins can hold 5 rounds and does NOT require a stripper clip to load up to 5.  Proof - I have one sitting next to me and have shot 500+ rounds through it, always 5 rounds and never with stripper clips.  You can manually load the gun w/ 5 rounds

• Like 2

sigh a lot of misinformation here .. i havent read every post and im sure someone else has pointed it out but mosins can hold 5 rounds and does NOT require a stripper clip to load up to 5.  Proof - I have one sitting next to me and have shot 500+ rounds through it, always 5 rounds and never with stripper clips.  You can manually load the gun w/ 5 rounds

they where talkin bout the experimental branch...there seems to be a bug since, wich may only affected the painted mosins so far, its a bit unclear at this state.

Edited by Guest

You just chambered it.

• Like 1