ShyIsShy

DayZ's Absurd Public Server Hosting Polcies

So to run a server of your own you basically forfeit all control over to the developers. You cannot define your own rules or anything, you are held by the rules that you are given. In essence you are paying money or resources to have your name on a server list which will most likely not be noticed among the long line of other servers. Why don't you people see how fucking awful this set of policies are? If I host a server I want it to be my own server, I want complete control. I want to rule with an iron fist and kick/ban anybody who gets on my nerves.

I don't want to be the DayZ community I want my own damn community. Anybody hosting a DayZ public server is a fool with too much money or time.

• Like 1

Yeah pretty much going to be closed because they need to cover the fact that these policies are fucking retarded.

its not YOUR server, you RENT it while following the guidelines and rules in place from the OWNER.

So you're renting nothing. You're paying money to have your name on a list. You are paying for membership in an exclusive club of fools.

So you're renting nothing. You're paying money to have your name on a list. You are paying for membership in an exclusive club of fools.

Fools that rent servers for people like you to play dayz on  :thumbsup:

Fools that rent servers for people like you to play dayz on  :thumbsup:

Implying I even play. I saw the server policies and just decided that I wasn't going to touch the piece of shit until somebody reverse engineers a private hive package.

We alpha players.

We alpha server providers.

Both aspects need to be tested thoroughly.

It is an expensive option you make renting one, but as an alpha you abide to the rules. You may not like them but you decided to buy your access into it knowing the rules.

• Like 1

oh i see, so your one of those troll things people talk about, now i understand

You know how fucking cold it is under this bridge right now? It snowed last night. I think my foreskin froze over and broke off.

Pretty much...it's good that tehy have a set of rules you have to follow but still allowing blacklisted servers on the other hand is kind of stupid since you can do what you want there...

I'm pretty sure that these policies make the devs pro-communism. I'm surprised that a burly Russian hasn't knocked on my door yet to drag me to the gulag.

Hello there

I dunno about the devs but personally Im very pro pure Communism. It usually doesnt work in practice though, then again nor does true democracy.

Regardless, thats for a different thread.

OP is ranting far too much. If you want to make your point thats fine, just calm down and dont accuse folk who disagree or counter you trolls etc.

If you dislike the current server rules, then simply dont host a server.

Its fairly simple.

Now, lets get this thread onto some sort of an even keel or ill 'yard it.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

So to run a server of your own you basically forfeit all control over to the developers. You cannot define your own rules or anything, you are held by the rules that you are given. In essence you are paying money or resources to have your name on a server list which will most likely not be noticed among the long line of other servers. Why don't you people see how fucking awful this set of policies are? If I host a server I want it to be my own server, I want complete control. I want to rule with an iron fist and kick/ban anybody who gets on my nerves.

I don't want to be the DayZ community I want my own damn community. Anybody hosting a DayZ public server is a fool with too much money or time.

Just like in other games at this stage server options are lower on the list of to do's, I wouldn't worry about it this early on. It's true you are really only paying for the name, and the option to restart as much as you want. That is why my clan has decided to not invest in a server at this time, it's just not worth it. Give it time.. I believe DayZ will come through eventually. they've done pretty good so far.

Edited by Dusty_
  • Like 1

I agree with the OP with regards to what are you getting out of it as a server hoster (unless you just want to use restarts every 5 minutes to farm loot). There is nothing to gain. 

Another reason not to host a server right now is the ridiculous prices due to allowing only big GSPs. What's going to happen to the price when the player slot limit increases to 150? Will the high price of server hosting and high required server specs influence the max player count that is implemented? I was paying $59.00 to a data center to colo my server for the mod that was way more powerful than what these GSPs can offer for the same money.

I am totally fine with servers being ruled under BIS's iron fist. But, why in the world would I pay for that at a ridiculous price? BIS can use some of their own millions to pay for all of the servers if they want absolute control.

Edited by joikd
  • Like 1

my conspiracy theory:

special contracts with the GSP's for few month to milk the cow

If I host a server I want it to be my own server, I want complete control. I want to rule with an iron fist and kick/ban anybody who gets on my nerves.

BI is trying to get a leash on idiot asshole admins who can't be entrusted with that kind of power. Nothing personal. Don't know you.

Oh no, you're helping a indie game be more accessible to more players and have the ability to have more of a say agasint hackers/and the like in your server. I feel so bad that you -wasted- 10 dollars a month (For a standard server and being in a network it is that much), it must of broke you.

Also you sound like a power hungry ponce, just saying.   (And private hives will be coming up soon, then you can be a abuse admin all you want)

Edited by Bash Arkin
  • Like 1

BI is trying to get a leash on idiot asshole admins who can't be entrusted with that kind of power. Nothing personal. Don't know you.

not every "Admin / Server Owner" is a asshole.

the most reason why i will host my own server

- i play always only on my own server

- i love to experimenting with game (modding / technical stuff )

i have not the intention to abuse

• Like 1

OP has a point, doesnt sound like many perks to owning your own server at the moment because of all the restrictions... Perhaps it will get better in time...One can only hope right?

I hope they stop letting people host their own servers all together, like MMOs for example do.

The experimental servers prove that people shouldn't host their own servers. They are far superior.

Dear rocket, please start hosting all the servers yourself.

not every "Admin / Server Owner" is a asshole.

Never said that. But some are enough to spoil the bunch.

OP has a point, doesnt sound like many perks to owning your own server at the moment

You're not supposed to have perks in DayZ.

with admin access you have the right to kick players, set servertime and restart your server. there is no rule against kicking players or restarting servers!