Dorner

Mosin is single load now

Let's just add rocket launchers.

THen people can stop complaining about mosins being OP.

• Like 1

Since when did mosin become OP?

Way outclassed by shotgun and M4 in close range. You miss one shot you die.

It is only good at long range, where it is meant to be good at.

Thing is long range combat is a minority in all cases and can be boring as you might not find some people.

Bunch of whiners in this thread, Mosin is not OP, they just want to die less. Instead they should smart up or accept their fate.

I noticed the mosin would only load one round yesterday too.  I did spray paint mine green and haven't been able to identify if thats the problem.  I must say if the rifle is nerfed like this I am going to be very disappointed.  One of the attractions about DayZ is that its so thoroughly brutal and thats why so many people like to play it.  Attempting to appeal to the carebare crowd risks alientating the very people who have bought and supported the game in the first place.

As the above guy mentioned the rifle is not OP..if you are in close range and someone has another gun you are toast.  It also broadcasts your position too in a pretty inconvenient way.

Edited by M4gicK4ght

read the damm changelog....

alstho i love that "bug"  if you going to rape a mosin with spraypaint you deserve a Penalty. Also they could have made it so that a cleaning kit gives back the abbility to load 5 bullets again.

Nosin is OP as fuck, its not fun to get killed by CoD Players camping with a nosing around balota or electro when you spawned freshly.

Interesting. No idea wtf a nosin is but you nosing around with your eyes shut has resulted in your nose being included in the name of a non-existant gun.

If you mean the MOSIN, then no, it is not OP at all. IRL it would blow your  head off and you'd most certainly die from one shot. In DayZ it takes 2 shots to the body....so if anything it is UP (under-powered).

Funny you would mention CoD as you actually sound like a CoD player used to unrealistic ballistics and being capable of taking multiple shots without dying. I would say you need to play more DayZ than CoD, and then you would know (which you obviously don't) that no one spawns in Balota anymore, for quite a while now.

Edited by Irenicus

I dont use mosin at all. I dont like it. Its not overpowered. Move less like a cod - and you might not get shot like an idiot. 

Imma make my opinion simple:

Can ya'll stop bitching about guns be unbalanced in an unfinished game?

The Mosin's current state, whether to test or remain that way, is right now to test guns that will work in that particular fashion.

Yeah, so maybe the mosin' works now like a heavy sniper will in the future.

I note that it probably should, pretty big round, accurate gun.

You guys are only upset because you view the M4 as the superior weapon. But they're both umbrella weapons for their entire class of weaponry.

Also they still shoot bullets. Wouldn't it be a pain if you had to hit someone 3 times with the mosin to kill them?

How about we make it take an entire M4 clip to kill? Bullets hurt yo, doesn't matter the gun.

Cool now every Mosin i find i will paint it and leave it there. :D

Excellent, now I will be forced to make every shot count : P

I hope it stays so, because Mosin is very overpowered, atleast they should nerf it a bit like they did now.

1 shot 1 kill  especially when it has 5 bullets is stupid.

Definitely not a one shot one kill, even below 50 meters. I used the mosin a lot, and had guys live after a gut-shot in CQC. So yeah, about that being OP..

I hope it stays so, because Mosin is very overpowered, atleast they should nerf it a bit like they did now.

wow, we're really going to start a nerf a 1 hit kill gun?

zomg a 7.62x54mm bullet is op..

pro tip....every gun can 1 hit kill.

Thats pretty idiotic.

The guns should have the same properties that they have in real life and thus they become balanced.

Mosin should be unweildy with its huge almost 6 feet tall length.

It should be about 2 moa so not the most accurate gun in the world.

It should have a slower fire rate to simulate the guns sticky crappy bolt action.

However making it load one round at a time is idiotic.

Makes me really wonder what the future of dayz will be, will they follow in the footsteps of the mod and Arma 2 and stick with realism or will they go flatout arcade and if they go arcade there are better games out there .

I'm guessing it is a glitch as this glitch exists in the stable under certain conditions. You have to manually unload, then reload the gun to fix it.

I agree with you. If it is intentional (doubtful), there are thousands upon thousands of guns to choose from. They need to pick one that has the properties they want and go with it. If they can't find a single shot bolt action, they can just pick a bolt action with an external magazine and not put the external magazine in the game. Poof, one shot gun.

Nosin is OP as fuck, its not fun to get killed by CoD Players camping with a nosing around balota or electro when you spawned freshly.

funny-facepalms-051.jpg

• Like 1

This Necro...........

Ugh, yay for completely outdated posts. Well, if anyone doesn't know how to fix this, at least I posted it. Eject and reload.

I hope they don't balance anything. Game Don't need balance. You find the loot you earned it. I never felt anything was over powered. I just figure it was my own stupid fault I died. This game Isn't called run out in the open and get shot. Be tactical.

For the love of God, it is NOT always a one hit kill.