thelonewanderer (DayZ)

Unplayable, almost

i hate to be this guy BUT the CoD players will be gone soon enough this is not there kinda game just have to deal with it till then

I think you are wrong, my friend who I play with is the WORST sort of CoD - CoD maniac. And he absolutely loves DayZ, at least this is what he says. It doesnt deliver constant adrenaline rush, but when it does... WHOOOOA! shaking hands, yelling into mic, that sort of things ;)

• Like 1

get yourself a gun and start hunting guys who kill fresh spawns then!

stop crying about bad world out there - change it! you have the power!

:)

Of course the issue with that is most fresh spawn are psychos.  They see a geared guy and try to punch you to steal your gun.

Not worth hunting for spawn killers when the spawn are nothing but ungrateful wretches!  

But seriously, if you aren't capable of getting off the coast, the game may not be for you.  But if you have 160 hours in, then you are perhaps being hyperbolic to prove a point.  The community right now does suck a bit, but it is mostly because after getting geared, your options are limited.  There aren't enough things to do, so you go looking for trouble (or to be a hero) and do that as long as you can, then start the whole thing over again.

Once we get zombies and more cars, survival elements, etc, things will settle out a bit.

• Like 1

i hate to be this guy BUT the CoD players will be gone soon enough this is not there kinda game just have to deal with it till then

I hope you're right.

Edited by Mdogg2005

Are you kidding me?

As a fresh spawn, you are GOD.  You are actually more feared that geared players, in my opinion.

Why?  You have absolutely nothing to lose.  Go find you a melee weapon, or hell even your bare fists.  Run around like a madman at Balota and try to score a TKO against an armed bandit (happens all the time).

Loot his body = Profit

Anyway.  A lot of things will change with Zeds are fixed and fully implemented.  They're barely a deterrent now, and I've actually been killed because of how lame they are currently.

just another butthurt noob who don't manage to master first hour of life :D

coastline is fill with the body of noobs like this and general discussion is full with butthurt topics they love to make :rolleyes:

Edited by KoS

160 hours of play isn't really a noob.  He brings up a valid point, even if he does sound a bit whiny. 

I've never been shot on the coast myself.

OP, run away from the water and inland as far and as fast as you can. Do not fuck around in the villages or buildings near the water. You can run for at least ten minutes without dying of dehydration. That's going to get you nearly to Stary Sober. Find a small town on the map near Stary with a well and profit. Stop hanging around the coast, it's a cluster, especially on high pop servers. Hell just the other night I shot my own friend there out of pure confusion.

• Like 1

160 hours played is more than most people get out of most games they purchase, so I really don't see how this falls under the category of 'unplayable', at least for you as you've played a whole bunch.

Personally I stopped playing after 50 hours cause the mod is just a lot more fun at this point.

As for the 'freshspawn hunters' problem, I agree that these guys are really not contributing into making this game more appealing although sometimes they provide some fun, a couple of days ago I spawned in Kamyshovo not 25m from a corpse with a fully loaded M4 on its back, ran to the corpse grabbed the M4, some guy tried shooting me, I evaded, circled around him, killed him and grabbed his mosin with long range scope. So thankfully spawn hunters sometimes kill each other.

Why cruel world does every other thread have to be about how someone gets shot too much or there tired of KOS or even they have the best idea on how to fix PVP and make everything into a happy holdy hands PVE experience.

But really it's not all that hard if you wanted to just test the game go on the many low pop server out there, but I guess your just annoyed because you die not because you can't be number tester NA. Just try and be more aware and you'll find that you die somewhat less.

160 hours played is more than most people get out of most games they purchase, so I really don't see how this falls under the category of 'unplayable', at least for you as you've played a whole bunch.

Personally I stopped playing after 50 hours cause the mod is just a lot more fun at this point.

As for the 'freshspawn hunters' problem, I agree that these guys are really not contributing into making this game more appealing although sometimes they provide some fun, a couple of days ago I spawned in Kamyshovo not 25m from a corpse with a fully loaded M4 on its back, ran to the corpse grabbed the M4, some guy tried shooting me, I evaded, circled around him, killed him and grabbed his mosin with long range scope. So thankfully spawn hunters sometimes kill each other.

LOL sometimes spawn killer hunters shoot each other to i had a tense stand off with a gent outside of kammy we both assumed the other was a spawn killer...

After some time of shouting shooting re positioning etc we heard another mossin shot, here we both were trying to be for lack of a better word heros and while trying to off each other another fresh spawn went down. I told the guy clearly i was going for the shooter so was breaking cover if he wanted to shoot me so be it. We ended up stalking together for an hour or so after trying to put a bullet in each other..

PS yes get of the coast as a fresh spawn you have quite a range before your thirst gets real serious.. Spread out make spawn killers work hard for them they may give up and head to mil bases where more people will be to get there thrills ( and thrills against those who are armed lol)

I have been playing for 260 hours now, I have a screenshot to prove it on my steam.

I have adapted to the way people play the game, instead of sitting here crying on forums, people will do what they want in a world like DayZ, you can't stop them, you should have expected this.

I'm one of the few who on the coast helps people, but there will always be the players who are masochistic bastards, this is just the way it is and if you cannot handle it, you shouldn't have purchased DayZ.

well with 160 hours spent, half of that has been running away from people who shoot fresh spawns. this game is getting a little ridiculous. it isnt even banditry anymore its just ruining others experience.

needless to say i think the community will be the downfall of this game. how am i supposed to test game functions if i cant even walk ten feet without getting shot at?

rant over

Pretty much sums up the Standalone.

10000000 KOS kiddies, and a 3 people trying to play Hero.

well with 160 hours spent, half of that has been running away from people who shoot fresh spawns. this game is getting a little ridiculous. it isnt even banditry anymore its just ruining others experience.

needless to say i think the community will be the downfall of this game. how am i supposed to test game functions if i cant even walk ten feet without getting shot at?

rant over

Either this is a troll for attention or you are just a sore loser and suck at playing in either case; leave and dont come back. Actually better yet stay in game so I can come find you and kill you.

Either this is a troll for attention or you are just a sore loser and suck at playing in either case; leave and dont come back. Actually better yet stay in game so I can come find you and kill you.

shut up. you guys assume i cant play. i hunted down a group of 5 bandits and killed em all off without taking anything but one bullet to the arm. got ambushed by one when i was afk and still smoked his ass, ill do the same to you

Ummmm, you should try gtfo'ing from the coast.

Its not so bad once you get away from Solnich, Kamy, Elektro and Balota.

Ummmm, you should try gtfo'ing from the coast.

Its not so bad once you get away from Solnich, Kamy, Elektro and Balota.

balota used to be the worst, now its calmed down a bit since the spawns shifted east. still always find one person around the airfield or tents

rant over

[edit]

>Runs for 160 hours like a headless chicken

>Keeps getting killed

>Repeats same mistakes

>Learns nothing from said mistakes

>Keeps on crying about unfairness when it's lack of common sense and basic freaking survival...

• Like 1

rant over

[edit]

didnt expect to see such negative and condescending remarks when i didnt explain in full how i play. just pointing out the fact that spawn rape is becoming a rampant disease. chill your nuts, i try playing near the coast on occasion and 90% of the time get shot at within a minute. since then i have played more on the coast to see how people move. its disgusting. an all out war between anything that moves. when i get shot at, i want to be robbed first; bandits should at least roleplay a bit instead of being a serial killer.

I didn't read the majority of the posts because I'm pretty sure from your edit that I can ignore most of them. Our server community is trying to create an environment that gets away from call of dayz gameplay. We run a server that will at some point be private hive or whitelisted depending on the community. It is a light RP server. For example, I'm the sheriff of Berezino and I facilitate fresh spawns, kill bandits, clear zombies, etc. I have several deputies as well who help out on patrol. There are other groups and also individual players with their own goals. This is not a no kill server. Just that people have a rationale for their actions. Info is at this thread.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161991-light-rp-community-growth-private-server-discussion/

Vids of the sheriff at this thread http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/163031-stop-im-the-sheriff-of-berezino-we-need-to-talk-vids/

There are others out there who know dayz can be something more. Those of you who want to server hop, combat log, team death match, suicide for spawns, etc have hundreds of servers. Mine is not one of them.

• Like 1

>Keeps getting killed

>Repeats same mistakes

>Keeps on crying about unfairness when it's lack of common sense and basic freaking survival...

you must be special. you didnt read anything else ive been saying. god damn you idiots take everything so fucking literal

I didn't read the majority of the posts because I'm pretty sure from your edit that I can ignore most of them. Our server community is trying to create an environment that gets away from call of dayz gameplay. We run a server that will at some point be private hive or whitelisted depending on the community. It is a light RP server. For example, I'm the sheriff of Berezino and I facilitate fresh spawns, kill bandits, clear zombies, etc. I have several deputies as well who help out on patrol. There are other groups and also individual players with their own goals. This is not a no kill server. Just that people have a rationale for their actions. Info is at this thread.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161991-light-rp-community-growth-private-server-discussion/

Vids of the sheriff at this thread http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/163031-stop-im-the-sheriff-of-berezino-we-need-to-talk-vids/

There are others out there who know dayz can be something more. Those of you who want to server hop, combat log, team death match, suicide for spawns, etc have hundreds of servers. Mine is not one of them.

we need more players like you. most people posting in my thread are being jack asses for no reason. but everyones mentality is fucked up; they think that just because its an alpha they can demand others to just accept their idiotic ways of playing. its a developing game AND community, we need less fucktards. you sir ill give all my beans to

>Keeps getting killed

>Repeats same mistakes

It REALLY shouldn't have took 4 pages for me to see a post that finally addresses the obvious and puts this OP out his misery hopefully.

It REALLY shouldn't have took 4 pages for me to see a post that finally addresses the obvious and puts this OP out his misery hopefully.

youre a dumbass. you must just skip my posts and read others right?