Nagant M1895 - Poll

Nagant  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Would yoy like to see it in?

• Yes
    • No
    • Later in development
    • I don't care either way.

I did add this is my weapons list, i am a huge supporter of this particular firearm being added into the world of Dayz Standalone.  Hoping that one day it does get added.  And someone said something about linking a forum to reddit... how might one do that?  If anyone could reply to this, i would greatly appreciate it.

Picture taken in Kiev, Ukraine, this wednesday:

http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/w1-ukraine-a-20140124.jpg

Anyone got a clue what it is? Started comparing it to a few models from Colt and Taurus with vented barrel ribs, but the locking notches in the cylinder does not seem to match.

Maybe Manurhin MR73? I don't know what a french Revolver would be doing in Ukraine, but it looks similar.

This Revolver has an unusual design most CoD kiddies have never seen before. It holds 7 rounds of 7.62x38, but instead of the usual cylinder sliding out for reloading, a small loading gate on the right side has to be opened, and individual rounds loaded, one at a time. To unload or remove empty casings, a small ejector rod has to be rammed into each of the cylinders.

You mean like most every SA revolver ever? Crazy.

Supported, but I'd still like to see a police service revolver.

Edited by dvsilverwing

You mean like most every SA revolver ever? Crazy.

Supported, but I'd still like to see a police service revolver.

SAAs are one of the few other guns to use this.

Ontop of that, in most movies they reload SAA-lookalikes like a modern Revolver. (If they even reload at all, which is rare) Pure movie props. That is why i said it was unusual - Most people not interested in Historical guns have never seen it, becuase they were only used for a few years on a few guns. 

And anyway, even if it is "Well known," its still unusual becuase it wasn't usually used 

Would be a great gun.

Fairly "small", handy and reliable.

Also it's the only revolver, which can be suppressed, because when firing the drum is pushed against the barrel. Because of this, all the gas is forced through the barrel.

The only downside is the slow ejecting and loading of the bullets.

But if you fired 2 of them, and the enemy is still alive, you got bigger problems than reloading (the prob is your aiming ;))

Edited by irishroy

Hope they add being able to dual wield small handguns such as this. Then again.. we need the gun first before we can get to dual wielding any thing.

SAAs are one of the few other guns to use this.

Ontop of that, in most movies they reload SAA-lookalikes like a modern Revolver. (If they even reload at all, which is rare) Pure movie props. That is why i said it was unusual - Most people not interested in Historical guns have never seen it, becuase they were only used for a few years on a few guns. 

And anyway, even if it is "Well known," its still unusual becuase it wasn't usually used 

Late month on the response, but when I said SA I literally meant Single Action, not SAA. Just about every Single Action Revolver loads like this.

Hope they add being able to dual wield small handguns such as this. Then again.. we need the gun first before we can get to dual wielding any thing.

But well, dual wielding should be only effective in close-range.

Because holding 2 revolvers and aiming at the same time.... ^^

I don't know if this was mentioned, but the Nagant can also fire the far more common .32 S&W round. I don't know if this is relevant, but I bet the original Nagant rounds are pretty rare. Not sure how common an old anemic revolver round is either here (The .32 S&W). TBH this is a useless gun, but it'd be fun to see it in game. The CZ-52 would be more useful, and please, if you make a tt33, use the old slide with the cool grips on the slide, and not the lame new slide with simple serrations.

Late month on the response, but when I said SA I literally meant Single Action, not SAA. Just about every Single Action Revolver loads like this.

Maybe some European designs (Mainly, other Nagant revolvers) but hardly "Almost all"

Almost all SAs were Percussion cap & ball & powder, which didn't use a loading gate. Those that were cartridge were usaully S&W or Webley hinge type. A few guns during the late 19th century used this, Mainly European types you never even hear of today, but they were Obsolete even before they were introduced, mainly becuase top-hinge designs were already around but patented. Its not the type of thing you find on very many common guns, besides Nagants and SAAs. 

But well, dual wielding should be only effective in close-range.

Because holding 2 revolvers and aiming at the same time.... ^^

Not only that - Nagants have a notoriously heavy trigger pull. Hard to shoot two-handed. But duel-wield C96s or even better, APSs....

:- Give duel-wield uncontrollable APS!

B)

5092025.jpg

nao that's what we're talking 'bout

:>

dafuQ is APS?

armor piercing shit?

You may know it as a Stechkin Fully-Automatic Machine Pistol

I dug up this gun at his dacha and was shocked finding) 

of course yes

Hello there

Bit of a necro bump but I'll allow it as I'll sploodge one of my vids all over it.

My only thing about the Nagant is that it is rather an old weapon. Is it still in production?

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 2

Hello there

Bit of a necro bump but I'll allow it as I'll sploodge one of my vids all over it.

My only thing about the Nagant is that it is rather an old weapon. Is it still in production?

Rgds

LoK

Production ended right after WWII, but over two Million were made, and they last virtaully forever, so plenty are still around.

Damn.. the model in that vid wasn't done very well. Makes the handle waaay to thin, and tge sights non-existent. Nice to know someone actaully made one in Arma, though. I never could find one.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho
  • Like 1

Do they share ammo with anything else? My best guess is that guns are more likely to be added if the ammo isn't unique.

Do they share ammo with anything else? My best guess is that guns are more likely to be added if the ammo isn't unique.

Yeah. This was the gun they originally said no to becuase of that. But this thread is older than that.