astrallycan

No DayZServer.exe in game files

The new Experimental patch says it has a 'DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.' but i can't find it did they not add it? I was hoping to start a private server today.

Edited by astrallycan

The new Experimental patch says it has a 'DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.' but i can't find it did they not add it? I was hoping to start a private server today.

What about -server in the startparameter?

I don't believe the update was released today. It's been delayed.

Check your version number.

I don't believe the update was released today. It's been delayed.

Check your version number.

It was released for a few hours then they reset it.

It has been released again, and still no server. D:

Yup i guess they meant there is support for private servers now. not that they are releasing them :/

Yup i guess they meant there is support for private servers now. not that they are releasing them :/

That doesn't make any sense. xD

Well it just means we'll have to continue renting servers for $70/instance a month instead of running 4 instances on a single dedi server for way less.

Well it just means we'll have to continue renting servers for $70/instance a month instead of running 4 instances on a single dedi server for way less.

seems like that

I think the Dev team themself are testing if their way of setting up private servers externally actually works, before they let the public get their hands on untested files ;). I imagine it will get released when the patch get pushed to the public servers.

I think the Dev team themself are testing if their way of setting up private servers externally actually works, before they let the public get their hands on untested files ;). I imagine it will get released when the patch get pushed to the public servers.

that is what i hope :D

The server.exe isn't released yet, it just now supports sub-private hives, for example hardcore servers are currently running on a separate shard of the experimental hive.

• Like 2

The server.exe isn't released yet, it just now supports sub-private hives, for example hardcore servers are currently running on a separate shard of the experimental hive.

That's what i figured is there a chance the server.exe will be released with the official build later this week?

Finally a response. Thanks for the update.

thx for response but that not cleary answer my questions.

When we get it?

They haven`t stated when they are going to release server files. Probably not for a long time, at least until they stabilize the server (no crashes, no desync etc.) And the support for sub-private hives is actually running some servers on different database, but still connected to the central hive. So now you can rent your own servers with separate database from public servers and you still don`t have access to the server files.   

Ahh yes I've seem to have misread the patch notes, I thought private servers were incoming but the update just provides a sharded database for creating sub-hives to split Hardcore/Regular characters.

So hold your horses wannabe-private-server-owners, it will probably take a while. 

I don't care so much for private servers anyhow.

Ahh yes I've seem to have misread the patch notes, I thought private servers were incoming but the update just provides a sharded database for creating sub-hives to split Hardcore/Regular characters.

So hold your horses wannabe-private-server-owners, it will probably take a while. 

I don't care so much for private servers anyhow.

Sub-private hives are not necessarily for separating hardcore from regular characters. I think it`s mainly for smaller communities to have their own database with 3, 5, 8 servers whether regular or hardcore mode and that database is separated from public. Altough, it is still controlled by the central hive about the server info and files.

Well, private hives could be good. Firstly, most of the public servers which are rented by community members are hosted on shared game hosting, which means that there could be several DayZ servers on one machine. And that gives the shitty performance on the server and the client...unfortunately...

I remember some really good private hives which used to host DayZ mod servers. The best for me was myDayZ.de. They had several dedi machines on gPortal and they were hosting about 10-15 servers. The fastest and best working servers I ever had played mod on.

So private servers can be good in one hand...  

• Like 2

I join indignant!

Dear developers! Dean Hall and Dayzdevteam.

Besides that the game itself is worth almost $ 30 so still and rabid valuable to the game servers. Grant finally have server files, and allow players to run their servers. Not all such rich to pay $ 30 per game and more for your server to pay $ 60 / month, or even more. As for pricing and unfair arrangement with providers?

Do not force the players to go into piracy and raise their pirated servers, for your information, there is an opportunity to raise their pirate server. But we do not want to go this way, by piracy, we want to be able to raise its official Steam servers only.

I personally bought the game in Steam and I want to run your own server, I do not want to rent a server at inflated prices from providers.

Answer only one question clearly enough already and do a secret of it:

Are you planning to give players server files, and if so, when?

Edited by Fisherman
  • Like 1

I join indignant!

Dear developers! Dean Hall and Dayzdevteam.

Besides that the game itself is worth almost $ 30 so still and rabid valuable to the game servers. Grant finally have server files, and allow players to run their servers. Not all such rich to pay $ 30 per game and more for your server to pay $ 60 / month, or even more. As for pricing and unfair arrangement with providers?

Do not force the players to go into piracy and raise their pirated servers, for your information, there is an opportunity to raise their pirate server. But we do not want to go this way, by piracy, we want to be able to raise its official Steam servers only.

I personally bought the game in Steam and I want to run your own server, I do not want to rent a server at inflated prices from providers.

Answer only one question clearly enough already and do a secret of it:

Are you planning to give players server files, and if so, when?

I don`t think that the problem is in making the server stable in that way. Devs have to do some big changes in server architecture. As they never made an MMO game before. Server is still single threaded, Rocket mentioned that it offloads some processes to other cores but thats obviously not enough. And this kinf of game where it has to run about 20000 dynamic objects, zombies and all other kind of requests on the server they need multi threaded server, and it surely is not a easy task. They will need few months to finish it as the programming processes to CPUs cores is really complex. So probably the server will have to process zombies on a single/two thread/s (Intel cpu-s) or on a single core (amd cpu-s) and so on. The reason for big desync in game right now is laying in that, there is too much to process and a single core/thread is too slow so it`s desyncing.

And you surely make sense for server rent prices, too much for a dedi machine and if you pay less you get shared hosting and shitty performance. 

Hey developers!

I want to share my opinion about the topic! i payed 23€ in the game and i expected, that the server files are ready. And as i saw, they actually ARE ready! But why the hell don't you release them? If you plan to do the "EA Battlefield System", then i will not support this game any more in any part. I want to host my own dedicated server, no matter if it is official or private hive. But i really expect from YOU, that you realease the files. The parameter was in the game and it was actually usable. Why the fuc*ing hell do you remove it??? I really liked the ArmA II system and the mod-friendly Game-Engine and I want the same in the standalone aswell. I want to MOD and EDIT on the server, because thats the reason I bought the game dat early. 

thx

• Like 1

Hey developers!

I want to share my opinion about the topic! i payed 23€ in the game and i expected, that the server files are ready. And as i saw, they actually ARE ready! But why the hell don't you release them? If you plan to do the "EA Battlefield System", then i will not support this game any more in any part. I want to host my own dedicated server, no matter if it is official or private hive. But i really expect from YOU, that you realease the files. The parameter was in the game and it was actually usable. Why the fuc*ing hell do you remove it??? I really liked the ArmA II system and the mod-friendly Game-Engine and I want the same in the standalone aswell. I want to MOD and EDIT on the server, because thats the reason I bought the game dat early. 

thx

That is why I have stayed with 0.28 and used the latest version of the addon files. I run a fully working 0.28 Private Hive with the latest 0.31 data. I have no idea why they removed a fully working function, the more I look at it, it seems to be more they want it like BF3/BF4 where you pay out the ass for selected "trusted hosts" I currently run 12 server instances for DayZ Standalone on one of my rackmount dell poweredge systems, with no lag, I will not pay 70+ a month when you can actually rent a full dedicated box for much cheaper.