Ive been loving the game, and for the first time I haven't died for a while and successfully looted NWAF and NEAF. I have my nice M4 and a backpack full of food and water. Plenty of Ammo. Nice clothes. The only thing I really lack is med. supplies. Feeling so accomplished. Now, Im just bored. I dont know what to do.

Does anyone have an endgame that they do when they have all they need, except for being a bandit? Id help random people, but its a difficult thing to do with side chat.

I have just been playing the mod a lot. In Epoch, theres always something to do.

Well, enjoy dying and building up your character from 0.

I do.

I enjoy dying with end game gear with a character 2+ days old.

Nothing to do, so find buddies and travel, or die and still try.

• Like 4

The game is still in alpha and is missing 80% of stuff.

There will be base building and self - sufficient stuff like food growing and hunting later.

I understand it might be boring, but understand that you bought the alpha to try out (like a demo) as well as help in development like bug testing and getting tech specs to help optimize the finished product.

• Like 3

The game is still in alpha and is missing 80% of stuff.

There will be base building and self - sufficient stuff like food growing and hunting later.

I understand it might be boring, but understand that you bought the alpha to try out (like a demo) as well as help in development like bug testing and getting tech specs to help optimize the finished product.

There is going to be food growing?? Where can I find a list of what is to come in the future?

I would suggest finding a mic, and touring the coast.. on a well pop'd server it's not difficult to run into people. I like to run inland, get bandages, saline bags, water bottles and can openers, then go into the coast and hand them out. It can get a little unnerving though once you draw a crowd... nothing like a bunch of axe wielding newspawns running around you while you try to administer aid.

• Like 8

Atm you can gear up rather fast at which point it gets boring once geared and not much to do but run around cities till you die and start over.

Pick a yard in Elektro and yell at everyone who walks by to stay off of your lawn. That should give you something to do for a while.  :D

• Like 8

Pick a yard in Elektro and yell at everyone who walks by to stay off of your lawn. That should give you something to do for a while minute, until one of them shoots you.  :D

Fixed.

• Like 3

As others have said I would suggest getting a mic and helping out the freshpawns... or you could help them in the way I like to, which is monitoring popular freshspawn killing points, and hunting down the bandits, handcuffing them, and force feeding them my disinfectant of justice... the way I see it DayZ doesnt need an Endgame because the game is survival and the endgame is death. then you start it all over again.

• Like 4

I would go to a place on the coast with a well and food spawns near by and just live happy,I did that in a barn for a little bit.

Edited by meat pie

As others have said I would suggest getting a mic and helping out the freshpawns... or you could help them in the way I like to, which is monitoring popular freshspawn killing points, and hunting down the bandits, handcuffing them, and force feeding them my disinfectant of justice... the way I see it DayZ doesnt need an Endgame because the game is survival and the endgame is death. then you start it all over again.

Haha. How do you even handcuff people?

Take handcuff in hands, come close to a player, scroll mouse wheel.

Find a pair of handcuffs, sneak up behind camping sniper bandits and start handcuffing them they wont even know what hit them most of the time, and on occasion you get that stupid bandit that doesnt immediatly Combat Log when they see the "you are being handcuffed" notice. then you can do whatever you want to them :) make them pay for being murderous a-holes good times...

Pick a yard in Elektro and yell at everyone who walks by to stay off of your lawn. That should give you something to do for a while.  :D

My friend ran past a place yesterday where someone yelled "Get out of here, this is private property!" in Electro. We went back as tax collectors with M4's and he'd already taken off.

Then we got shot there about an hour later.

I usually like finding people and seeing what their reactions are. Most of the time my crew will hold up a guy/girl, give him/her some stuff in exchange for things like saline IV's (We're always reasonable), then let him/her go free.

The odd time or two we like to see how people react to being held up, then ordered to drop their bag or they will be shot (more bandit style, I know). In those couple of cases we let them live if they comply, and if not we have some fun chasing them down. Note here: we only try this on people with weapons/etc, never new spawns. We arn't that bad haha.

I'm still trying to decide which style of play I like better. Being the more "hero/anti-bandit" type is more natural to me, however usually more difficult, whereas being a "Bandit" is something new in general. We'll see which way time takes me.

Go explore.

Theres tons of new area to the north.

Some old areas have been tweaked

Places we never would've gone to even under threat of death in the mod are now worth visiting.

The gas masks and other masks did not sit well with me when I first got the SA but now its what pulls me into the world.I am now at war with the creeps that wear these masks as they are all scum!!!I love it and whats crazy is the masks actually make me angry so the kills are even more fun. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I hear you wolfstriked my good man, anyone who wears gas masks or payday masks aren't to be trusted IMO. Players who wear creepy masks aren't to be trusted. FULL STOP. They are the new bandits IMO.

I'm still trying to decide which style of play I like better. Being the more "hero/anti-bandit" type is more natural to me, however usually more difficult, whereas being a "Bandit" is something new in general. We'll see which way time takes me.

Being the Hero/Anti-Player Killer is always harder. I've spent many many hours on both sides of the fence. If you want more of a challenge, step up to the front lines and try to be a PK hunter. Personally, I enjoy being a Bandit, (and a reasonable one at that. I don't always KoS, and no more newspawns for fun unless they try to Mike Tyson me) but I know that being a Hero/Medic is a serious risk 90% of the time. Though I would shoot one in a second, I do commend anyone for trying to fill the roll. It's a fucking tough one. 

I split my time in the mod doing this, where no real true 'classes' existed, and also with my 10 month stint playing DayZ Origins, where you had to really work at being a hero or bandit, and were awarded points for being either or in various ways. Nothing game-breaking, but people knew you were one or the other.

From my experience, being a 'Hero' is a lot harder than being a bandit.

Edited by Gekkonidae

I hear you wolfstriked my good man, anyone who wears gas masks or payday masks aren't to be trusted IMO. Players who wear creepy masks aren't to be trusted. FULL STOP. They are the new bandits IMO.

Yep,it gives them a sinister vibe and immerses me into wanting to kill them and hence enhances Dayz for me.Before that I just couldn't do it and the once or twice time I KOS I actually felt bad for awhile.What is kool about it is it takes balls to run around with a gasmask on knowing people will try to kill you.Put those gas masks on peoples!!!

Edited by wolfstriked

It would be good if there was a statistic tracker. X amount of Zombies killed. X amount of Players killed. X Hours Survived. That way we could set up custom challenges and generally have pissing contests. 

• Like 1

Welcome to dayz. There is no end-game,

How many new players come to this game expecting there to be an end-game? They are going to be sorely disappointed. There is and has never been an end-game in dayz