minime1000

Non-permadeath server option in the future?

no permadeath doesn't make you immortal so you still have to survive. Only KOS kids cannot ruin the RP for those that want to RP.

I think that would even more attract the CoD kids, they wouldnt lose their shizzle and it would be a perma team death match without any consequenses.

Edited by GrumpyFragger

Death is supposed to be brutal and avoided at all cost. Without perm death dying is just a minor inconvenience.

What... What does this even mean? You haven't even explained your idea here. Are you implying that you would keep all the gear you had when you die? Terrible fucking idea. Go away.

Maybe for certain clothing items it would make sense.  Items like don't give you a advantage you can spawn with even when you die (like sunglasses).  That would be fine but flat out giving the option for no perma death.  Ruins the feel of dayz.  Takes the risk out.  

I'm sorry, I read the topic name and cried.

People like you are why I hate gaming.

So there already are options to turn off corsshairs, force 1rst person perspective and full game will probably have more.

Why not have non-permadeath server option for people who like to roleplay and not let it ruined by some KOS kids? I and many others (especially streamers who are the main attraction) would love to go around hunting and camping and enjoy the scenery without the fear that some hacker or KOS kid can just take it all away instantly.

People who like non-permadeath could rent their own server. It will hurt nobody as people can still play on classical permadeath ones, just like 1pp/3pp people can play on their servers.

And I want extra lives in Nethack too!

43153607.jpg

3qvvt1.jpg

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

NO!

The reason that DayZ is how it is is because of permadeath.

It is completely against the feel of the game for it not to have permadeath.

You obviously never played the mod.

Literally 99% of the servers were: ( 900 Vehicles)(Spawn with M4A1 SD) (Self BB)(AI)(Donater Bases)

Those servers were 24/7 KoS.

You seem to think this will reduce KoS. You are an idiot.

This will allow someone to run around kill, and die, with ABSOLUTELY NO CONSEQUENCES  

What do you think they will do?

There will be NO rp

There will be NO point in playing

There WILL be fuck loads of dead bodies at your feet.

As for the "Majority" playing on "Classical" servers, thats BS. People will buy the game to play 24/7 TDM (Which DayZ is horrible for) and get bored after a week and cry on the forums, wanting their $ back. Or, they'll get a .50 (Which i'll assume you want added) and shoot everyone. But no worries, they just respawn with everything! :D 

There were also RP servers in the mod. They consisted of:

No KoS. Whitelists meant KoSers generally stayed out. You must have prior interaction before pvp.

(Usaully) less loot.

Customized loot spawns

Ect.

Notice no gear n spawning.

What you think is "Rp" servers is really KoS servers. Think for 30 secounds.

I understand where you come from, but know this, what you despise isn't the perma-death. You despise that sudden death. You despise reaching out to grab that can of beans, that bag of rice, that shiny M4, only to see your arm explode in front of you and watch your screen go black. You despise that instant where all of you hard work was taken from you without notice. But are these symptoms of perma-death? Perma-death is what made that bag of rice so valuable, what made you so excited to find that can opener, those nifty pristine hiking boots. Perma-death makes surviving in DayZ fun. Again, are these symptoms of perma-death? NO. Not at all. I feel just as you do. Wishing I could have a second chance. The chance to keep my gear. To die and come back as I died, ready to live forever. But to have these things is to take away the value of everything you find. You and I sir, are alike in this way. But we differ in that I realize what I despise in DayZ. I know who/what my enemies are. What are they? Bandits. Murderers. Graverobbers. I despise those who would kill first loot later. But I also know that DayZ without the paranoia of wondering if you really heard those footsteps behind you, of watching a guy lean around a corner to see you through the sights of a loaded rifle, of hearing the bullets crack the ground around you without knowing from where they come, isn't DayZ.  You sir, don't hate perma-death. You hate those who kill you for the sport of killing you. Those who kill on sight.

Could you have fun on a server with just your friends? Yeah. Would it last? No. That which you desire would only make you weaker. To flourish in DayZ, you must be careful. Sure, you could run into the house in front of you, loot it and be out in 2 minutes or less. But did someone see you? Could they be right outisde the door waiting? be just outside town ready to kill you after you looted the town? Yes. That paranoia. That fear. That makes DayZ what it is. You either outsmart the people who aren't there, or you die when they really are there. DayZ isn't a casual game. DayZ is Hell... and...

Hell. Is. Other. People.... Even those who aren't there.

oh and on a sidenote, people need to stop buying games for their kids who don't meet the recommended age requirements. CoD isn't a terrible game. The kids who don't meet the mature game rating are just terrible gamers. They have ruined all games. They aren't old/mature enough to be able to take on the more complicated features of games that would be great. They whine, beg, bitch and moan until game developers give in to their every whims. This over simplifies games and breaks down the complex combat systems and turns them into a rock paper scissors style that immature kids can handle. If Rocket and Bohemia give in and provide non-permadeath servers to appeal to people who want them, they give the gamer the ability to choose what their game is to be and lose all authority and power as a game creator. Instead of whining about the things you don't like because you can't overcome challenges, get in-depth until you really understand what to do etc. then stop playing those games. Come back to them later, when you have matured, and try again. Just stop ruining the gaming experience for the rest of us. And game devs? STOP APPEALING TO THE WHINERS.

guise OP is probably a troll, noone with an IQ of 15 or more could fail to recognize that permadeath is one of the core features of Dayz.

and OP if in fact you did fail to recognize that, good news! you might be eligible for a mental disability pension.  

For everyone else, can we stop overreacting? Dean isn't stupid, he's got his own idea of the game he want's to make, some suggestions are going to enhance that game, others are going to fuck it up, i think we can trust that dumb shit like this isn't going to be taken very seriously. 

You obviously never played the mod.

Literally 99% of the servers were: ( 900 Vehicles)(Spawn with M4A1 SD) (Self BB)(AI)(Donater Bases)

Those servers were 24/7 KoS.

You seem to think this will reduce KoS. You are an idiot.

This will allow someone to run around kill, and die, with ABSOLUTELY NO CONSEQUENCES  

What do you think they will do?

There will be NO rp

There will be NO point in playing

There WILL be fuck loads of dead bodies at your feet.

As for the "Majority" playing on "Classical" servers, thats BS. People will buy the game to play 24/7 TDM (Which DayZ is horrible for) and get bored after a week and cry on the forums, wanting their $ back. Or, they'll get a .50 (Which i'll assume you want added) and shoot everyone. But no worries, they just respawn with everything! :D

Those were DM servers. I am talking about this for RP servers. And people who say it is supposed to be brutal and hardcore, CoD has 3rd person and so has this game, which makes firefights easier in DayZ than in an arcade game so it is not actually that hardcore. The game is somewhat harder thanks to all the other stuff that you can do but you can do all that in a non-permadeath server. And again, it will hurt nobody who doesn't want to play it.

Edited by myshl0ng

Those were DM servers. I am talking about this for RP servers. And people who say it is supposed to be brutal and hardcore, CoD has 3rd person and so has this game, which makes firefights easier in DayZ than in an arcade game so it is not actually that hardcore. The game is somewhat harder thanks to all the other stuff that you can do but you can do all that in a non-permadeath server. And again, it will hurt nobody who doesn't want to play it.

But you need to understand, a game needs a set of rules, which apply to ALL players, especially in a MP enviorement.

This is one of thoose rules, perma death, which should apply to all, at any given time.

Its a core element of the game.

This thread is a very good example of the new "I want everything" generation.

You cannot have everything all the time, you need to follow some simple rules like everything else.

Its kinda sad that people are so "enlightened", they feel its they're right to chance stuff like this, simply because you payed for it.

Basicly it sounds like you want to be able to costumize your game 100%, which no developer will ever do, because they have a vision for the game. (unless its 100% costumization ofc, which is NOT the case here)

But you need to understand, a game needs a set of rules, which apply to ALL players, especially in a MP enviorement.

This is one of thoose rules, perma death, which should apply to all, at any given time.

Its a core element of the game.

This thread is a very good example of the new "I want everything" generation.

You cannot have everything all the time, you need to follow some simple rules like everything else.

Its kinda sad that people are so "enlightened", they feel its they're right to chance stuff like this, simply because you payed for it.

Basicly it sounds like you want to be able to costumize your game 100%, which no developer will ever do, because they have a vision for the game. (unless its 100% costumization ofc, which is NOT the case here)

Sorry for suggesting on a game that is in Alpha.

And permadeath "is a fundamental rule that has to apply to everyone" according to you. What if I do not like crosshairs? why isn't non crosshair servers enforced on everyone. It is after all a hardcore realistic game and in real life I do not have a floating point that shows me where I am aiming. Same with 3pp/1pp: One is an arcade feature which makes fighting and surviving easy as hell but yet it is in the game.

Just cause you do not like something does not mean others cannot have it, especially when it does not affect you in any way.

It seems to be a general problem of DayZ players that they can't accept someone else wanting to play the game differently. I don't understand why. I certainly agree that non permadeath would be a horrible idea, because it goes completely against what DayZ is, BUT why should I care if someone has the option to play that way on his own private hive?
I just don't get it. In my mind it makes no sense what so ever. It doesn't affect you in any way! And that's a logic you can't argue against. If it doesn't affect you, why do you care? If I want the zombies turned into little ponies on  my sever, that I pay for, why should you care?

Edited by phoboss

oh and on a sidenote, people need to stop buying games for their kids who don't meet the recommended age requirements. CoD isn't a terrible game. The kids who don't meet the mature game rating are just terrible gamers. They have ruined all games.

Many of the so-called "adults" who play those games are just as bad, if not worse than the kids who play them.

• Like 1

Sorry for suggesting on a game that is in Alpha.

And permadeath "is a fundamental rule that has to apply to everyone" according to you. What if I do not like crosshairs? why isn't non crosshair servers enforced on everyone. It is after all a hardcore realistic game and in real life I do not have a floating point that shows me where I am aiming. Same with 3pp/1pp: One is an arcade feature which makes fighting and surviving easy as hell but yet it is in the game.

Just cause you do not like something does not mean others cannot have it, especially when it does not affect you in any way.

Suggest all you want mate, but you are trying to get a core part of the game (which has been around since the beginning of the mod and is what the entire concept is build on) changed :)

Giving server owners the option to remove permadeath will most certaintly have a GIANT impact on the game and the entire community, it will split it right down the middle and cause chaos.

Crosshair and 1st/3rd person is not a fundamental part of any game tbh, its a feature, which doesnt have a whole lot of impact on the way you play tbh.

But removing permadeath will change the way people play and the game it self will be different.

It is in no way a personal attack on you or your suggestions, but i dont think you understand how big a part of DayZ perma death really is and what could happen if it was changed tbh.

I think its naive to think people will play the game the same way without permadeath tbh.

Suggest all you want mate, but you are trying to get a core part of the game (which has been around since the beginning of the mod and is what the entire concept is build on) changed :)

Giving server owners the option to remove permadeath will most certaintly have a GIANT impact on the game and the entire community, it will split it right down the middle and cause chaos.

Crosshair and 1st/3rd person is not a fundamental part of any game tbh, its a feature, which doesnt have a whole lot of impact on the way you play tbh.

But removing permadeath will change the way people play and the game it self will be different.

It is in no way a personal attack on you or your suggestions, but i dont think you understand how big a part of DayZ perma death really is and what could happen if it was changed tbh.

I think its naive to think people will play the game the same way without permadeath tbh.

Did you really just say 3rd/1st person views do not affect the way you play the game a whole lot?

All that beside, servers that do not have permadeath do not affect you in any way, be they private hives or separate official hives. It does not affect you. Addin that option in to help server makers would be very helpful.

Get the idea that "It doesn't affect you" out of your head. In this one particular case yes. You could go off and make your little server and play your way. Then I could decide I want something MY way and go off and do that. So could everyone who posts on this forum. Do you see why it does affect me? There are things like 1st/3rd person hives because some people like it, some don't. Yes 3rd person gives you abilities to look around a corner without being seen, but it also helps in little ways like seeing if your weapon actually came off your back and didn't get put away again. Crosshairs are an in game method of tracking your aim. Yes in real life you don't have a little dot like that, but in real life you have a better perspective in which to guage your aim without it. No game can match reality perfectly so there are things like that that will allow you to get something that you just can't get otherwise. Some people like it, some don't. Overall, the point I want to make is that those things you would expect in other games to be in your options menu to change how you want it while other players could have it differently. Perma-death however, is like asking CoD to make it so players never have to reload. Or TES to allow race changes at random, or any number of things... It changes the entire perspective of the game. If theres a way for you to host a private hive and a private server, then by all means do it and have it your way, but to ask the game devs to do it for you means that they would have to appeal to everyone. To make dozens of hives with every combination of playstyle people could ever want. It affects all of us. If there are more than maybe 4 different hives, or the ability to host a hive with your own custom settings, then the amount/diversity of players playing in each one would drop dramatically and lower the overall amount of people you would end up playing with. Players who want to play the core game would lose out when there is only a few servers running that way with only 5% of the community playing on them. The significance of what you suggest would be no different than taking a game like Battlefield and applying AI units to take on the role of enemy players. You are basically asking for the ability to save your game and reload the previous save when things get bad. It would not only break the game's playability, but I would bet that (just like applying cheats to games that still have them) it would ruin the longevity of the game meaning you would put DayZ down for a different game much sooner than you would without this change. It has the potential to chain into something that would affect everyone as well as affecting you in a way you probably never considered. Not losing your decked out M4 when you die would mean it has no value to you, theres no reason to protect it. Trust me, the game just wouldn't be as fun as you think it is this way.

Don't believe me? Go look up the DayZ MOD SinglePlayer mod. Play it where you can customize your starting gear, spawn whatever you want, even have the ability to make all zombies within 100meters die instantly. try it. You don't even have to make use of those features, just play it regularly for a bit and if you die, spawn the gear you had at your feet and try again. after you play like 1 maybe 2 lives you'll lose interest in ever playing again.

Players need to learn to accept whats in the game and enjoy whats there instead of trying to make everything the way they want it. It just leads to game designers making changes that ruin the experience for everyone else. (this referring to all games not just DayZ)

You want a way to keep all your loot when you die? Play with friends, meet new players ON DayZ make new friends. Once you have a group, your buddies can take your loot after killing whoever killed you, then give it back to you when you return from the spawn. DayZ already has a way to do what you want, you just need to be willing to interact with other people instead of only playing the lone wolf. (or only with the same people)

Did you really just say 3rd/1st person views do not affect the way you play the game a whole lot?

All that beside, servers that do not have permadeath do not affect you in any way, be they private hives or separate official hives. It does not affect you. Addin that option in to help server makers would be very helpful.

I said it does not affect gameplay in the same way removing perma death will...

1st/3rd person is not gamebreaking in anyway, it does not change the fundamental gameplay in any way and it does not alter any core mechanics in the game.

And yes, look at the mods and tell me again, making different versions of the game doesnt affect me, the community or the game it self in any way mate. Its simply not true.

Ultimately this is Rocket's vision, and i can promise you he loves permadeath. So we can argue all we want here, but it will simply never happen lol.

Get the idea that "It doesn't affect you" out of your head. In this one particular case yes. You could go off and make your little server and play your way. Then I could decide I want something MY way and go off and do that. So could everyone who posts on this forum. Do you see why it does affect me? There are things like 1st/3rd person hives because some people like it, some don't. Yes 3rd person gives you abilities to look around a corner without being seen, but it also helps in little ways like seeing if your weapon actually came off your back and didn't get put away again. Crosshairs are an in game method of tracking your aim. Yes in real life you don't have a little dot like that, but in real life you have a better perspective in which to guage your aim without it. No game can match reality perfectly so there are things like that that will allow you to get something that you just can't get otherwise. Some people like it, some don't. Overall, the point I want to make is that those things you would expect in other games to be in your options menu to change how you want it while other players could have it differently. Perma-death however, is like asking CoD to make it so players never have to reload. Or TES to allow race changes at random, or any number of things... It changes the entire perspective of the game. If theres a way for you to host a private hive and a private server, then by all means do it and have it your way, but to ask the game devs to do it for you means that they would have to appeal to everyone. To make dozens of hives with every combination of playstyle people could ever want. It affects all of us. If there are more than maybe 4 different hives, or the ability to host a hive with your own custom settings, then the amount/diversity of players playing in each one would drop dramatically and lower the overall amount of people you would end up playing with. Players who want to play the core game would lose out when there is only a few servers running that way with only 5% of the community playing on them. The significance of what you suggest would be no different than taking a game like Battlefield and applying AI units to take on the role of enemy players. You are basically asking for the ability to save your game and reload the previous save when things get bad. It would not only break the game's playability, but I would bet that (just like applying cheats to games that still have them) it would ruin the longevity of the game meaning you would put DayZ down for a different game much sooner than you would without this change. It has the potential to chain into something that would affect everyone as well as affecting you in a way you probably never considered. Not losing your decked out M4 when you die would mean it has no value to you, theres no reason to protect it. Trust me, the game just wouldn't be as fun as you think it is this way.

Don't believe me? Go look up the DayZ MOD SinglePlayer mod. Play it where you can customize your starting gear, spawn whatever you want, even have the ability to make all zombies within 100meters die instantly. try it. You don't even have to make use of those features, just play it regularly for a bit and if you die, spawn the gear you had at your feet and try again. after you play like 1 maybe 2 lives you'll lose interest in ever playing again.

Players need to learn to accept whats in the game and enjoy whats there instead of trying to make everything the way they want it. It just leads to game designers making changes that ruin the experience for everyone else. (this referring to all games not just DayZ)

You want a way to keep all your loot when you die? Play with friends, meet new players ON DayZ make new friends. Once you have a group, your buddies can take your loot after killing whoever killed you, then give it back to you when you return from the spawn. DayZ already has a way to do what you want, you just need to be willing to interact with other people instead of only playing the lone wolf. (or only with the same people)

If people want even 40 different ways to play the game then they have every right to make servers that cater to those people. People are going to run private hives anyway so why not make options for some of the more fundamental things that people might find not to their liking like the view perspectives and permadeath.

And there is no reason to compare to sinleplayer DayZ to MP. Of course I would get bored in a singleplayer mode.

I said it does not affect gameplay in the same way removing perma death will...

1st/3rd person is not gamebreaking in anyway, it does not change the fundamental gameplay in any way and it does not alter any core mechanics in the game.

And yes, look at the mods and tell me again, making different versions of the game doesnt affect me, the community or the game it self in any way mate. Its simply not true.

Ultimately this is Rocket's vision, and i can promise you he loves permadeath. So we can argue all we want here, but it will simply never happen lol.

In 3rd person I can pretty much ignore any tactic and threat just by seeing stuff I shouldn't see. Looting, sneaking, combat is completely trivial with 3pp. I have KOS'd groups of 3s and 4s with a mosin because I happened to see them first and then corner peeked them on an open field behind a rock. That would never happen in 1pp because to be able to monitor them as they move about they would also be able to see me.

The risk vs reward between 1st person and 3rd person is huge and completely changes how the game is played.

It will affect you in the same way a private hive does, it doesn't. The only difference is if Rocket will make it easy to make such a server by giving a simple switch or hard.

Yes i know it makes a difference with 1st vs 3rd, but it doesnt change any core mechanics in the game :)
Everything works the same way, people do the same things and everybody expect the same thing.
Ofc you might change the way you play it (i personally NEVER use 3rd, so cant say) but its still the same core game and rules we all play by.

But saying that private hives, in the mod, didnt affect the game or me at all, is BS, im sorry mate, but it is.
It had a GIANT impact on the game and took it off in 30 different directions, so it basicly became so difficult to figure out what you wanted to play, people stopped playing it, and it split the community into thousand of small communities.

The SA is the final chance to gather all of the DayZ community "under the same roof", but giving people the choice to fundamentaly change the way the funtions, will result in what we saw in the mod tbh.

You know...we have those kind of servers in the mod...Full Gear-SpawnwithDMR,etc...

No much roleplay...just a lot of KOS...

Yes i know it makes a difference with 1st vs 3rd, but it doesnt change any core mechanics in the game :)

Everything works the same way, people do the same things and everybody expect the same thing.

Ofc you might change the way you play it (i personally NEVER use 3rd, so cant say) but its still the same core game and rules we all play by.

Same can be said with non-permadeath. It does not change "the core mechanics of the game". Everything works the same way, people do the same things and everybody expects the same thing because everybody knows exactly how the server they join works.