Sign in to follow this  
Space Milk

Night time servers--- THE BEST SERVERS

Looted at a night server, the NWAF and military bases by it.

Best loot ever.

Turn up your gamma, brightness, turn off shadows clouds, make sure HDR is on low, plus flashlight, makes night bearable.

Since no one goes at night, then you get great loot.

Ive done this, went to a server with me and 2 others in it, 24/7 night and got fucking wasted in the first 1 1/2 mins i was looting...

It was a bad time, i was a little aggravated.

• Like 1

my computer is quite good, and handle dayz at high settings. However, whenever I'm on a night server, the buildings glow in bizarre, neon patterns. Eventually the game locks up

so I only play on 24/7 day servers

Ive done this, went to a server with me and 2 others in it, 24/7 night and got fucking wasted in the first 1 1/2 mins i was looting...

It was a bad time, i was a little aggravated.

Ahh you were just unlucky. You can still see people at night, but since it is harder to see loot and there are less people you can get good loot. Don't let one experience ruin everything.

Dude, like a month ago I died due to ladders. So, had decided to start over on a night time server. What could go wrong right? Well, I had the default gamma and other stuff set to default and I could only see with my flashlight. I entered a house and utter fear rained over me. I didn't want to go out of the house, I was scared. I heard footsteps and growls, after that I disconnected because of how a sissy I am.

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 5

Never understood why anyone not recording would hate night servers. 

Especially in standalone where NVG is a non-issue. 

Never understood why anyone not recording would hate night servers. 

Especially in standalone where NVG is a non-issue. 

Two word..... Gamma Exploit. 

• Like 5

Two word..... Gamma Exploit. 

Indeed. The OP even encourages gamma exploitation. I don't see any point in playing night time servers if you just cheat to make it bright day again. The only reason to exploit like that would be to get the advantage over players that doesn't do it. I prefer a level playing field in that regard, and thus stay away from night time altogether.

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 4

i hate the pitch black time in the game. insta-disconnect.

there is this sweetspot at night (regarding "maximum darkness"), when you can barely see something, but you still wanna have a flashlight.

Edited by komadose

Get a flashlight attachement for your weapon and play in pitch black nights, just awesome.

Hope, they are adding chemlights, flares and nvgs soon.

The gas lamp is awesome too, but sadly bugged. It breaks if you log out and never shines again.

Edited by Ken Bean

I always move at night.  "The snipers can see you through their night scopes, but at least you have some cover from the infected" as our good friend doyle said.  Night time is safer, and since it's a survival game it only makes sense to stick to the shadows.

DayZ night is surreal. It's summer time, but nights are pitch black. Here in Finland we have as dark nights only at winter, when there's no moon or stars giving light. Maybe Chernarus is actually near equator? I have understood that nights there are about as dark as in this game. Some future patch will give us lions and elephants to make it more authentic...

• Like 1

DayZ night is surreal. It's summer time, but nights are pitch black. Here in Finland we have as dark nights only at winter, when there's no moon or stars giving light. 

this. even in darkest winter days nights you can see atleast something after your eyes will adjust.

also, virtual highfive for fellow Finn.

Edited by komadose
  • Like 1

Ahh you were just unlucky. You can still see people at night, but since it is harder to see loot and there are less people you can get good loot. Don't let one experience ruin everything.

Word I hear ya, but it was my FIRST time doing it literally. Kinda put me off of it a bit aha. But in honestly I WAS using my flashlight because I figured nobody would be near me....how wrong I was

Turn up your gamma, brightness, turn off shadows clouds, make sure HDR is on low, plus flashlight, makes night bearable.

You cowardly bitch.

Why do you need to put training wheels on the game.

Edited by Erik204

Despite the gamma cheat the night servers are always empty.  I stay on the night servers a lot, although I don't jack up the gamma/brightness.  I take my chances with my flashlight and try to use it only when absolutely needed.

I do sincerely hope they add realistic night lighting (from the moon/stars) so people don't have to use the gamma/brightness deal.

But yeah, night servers are great.  I'm glad they're implementing the ability to tell which servers are on night cycle from the server menu.

• Like 1

i never really understood why things like shadows and HDR where optional, they are settings that fundamentally affect how a game look and how players perceive eachothers, i don't think you should ever be able to turn shadows, grass or HDR completely off if you want to ensure some sort of visual baseline from player to player.

• Like 6

I used to play on night servers in mod, but then i stopped. When SA hit the store, i had forgotten why.

I logged in, night server...doesn´t matter, i´ll play this. Proceed to loot, hear footsteps, shut flaslight, relocate and hide in a pitch black building.

Hear footsteps closing in and get axed to death with surgical precision by a gamma warrior.

Hey, atleast i remembered why i don´t do night servers.

If ever there is a fix to gamma exploits i´d start playing night time again, it´s awesome really. But as the things stand, gamma warrior suhc as op just make the night pointless (i could do it myself, but what´s the point when game just becomes gray daytime server without any people in it)

• Like 2

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but every night server I've been on has a full moon. This makes nighttime servers incredibly fun because of several factors.... I CAN ACTUALLY SEE THINGS!!!

Not well, but I can actually make out trees, towns and other things instead of just playing as though my monitor was off. No offense to the ARMA guys or the DayZ SA team, but while a moonless night without powered cities does look blacker than ink, it's not a fun experience to actually play in. As is you either have to switch servers or hunker in a spot until light... again, realistic but not necessarily fun. This may easily change if you could build shelters and more easily create light sources, but as is nighttime really is just simulating a broken monitor if the moon isn't out.

Edit: even with full mmoon you still get the flashlight experience because inside buildings you can't see squat so it's still intense.

Edited by Demoth
  • Like 3

I don't see how using gamma and brightness to be able to see in a full moon is an exploit.

Do yourself a favor and walk outside next time there's a full moon and sit out there for 20 minutes and you'll be able to see great. 

• Like 1

I don't see how using gamma and brightness to be able to see in a full moon is an exploit.

Do yourself a favor and walk outside next time there's a full moon and sit out there for 20 minutes and you'll be able to see great. 

It is an exploit if one uses it to have the advantage over other players, just like any exploit. Even with a full moon people who use the gamma thing want that advantage rather than playing like their supposed to. It needs to be fixed somehow, maybe having no option to shut off certain graphic values.

I like playing in game at night but the thought of others exploiting the gamma thing is disturbing. They try to justify it by any means possible but it's mostly just to have that advantage.