floj

[POLL] - 3PP / 1PP and seeing round corners

280 members have voted

1. 1. Does the ability to see around cover affect you?

• I play 1PP only, I will never play in 3PP
    • I play 1PP, but would play 3PP if the ability to see around cover is fixed
    • I play 3PP but think the ability to see around cover should be fixed.
    • I play 3PP and don't think the ability to see around cover should be fixed.
    • I hate polls / no opinion on the ability to see around cover
  2. 2. Which solution would you prefer?

• The Fourth Wall mod type
    • Camera angle restrictions
    • Remove 3PP entirely
    • Other (please post in 3PP fix thread)
    • I don't want a solution
    • I still hate polls / no opinion

Come on guys, Zombie Jesus is just plain right, the poll is irrelevant, the conclusion is made up.

Server population is indeed more reliable. Time to stop that crazy bitching.

Edited by Ken Bean

Good poll although hard to read the results really

All moot for me though. The Barbie doll servers will have their own hive as will the Hardcore servers soon so it doesn't matter anymore.

They can then do what ever they want with the Barbie vision mode, as I wont care as long as it doesn't have any effect on the 1st person mode servers.

Edited by BL1P

Good poll although hard to read the results really

All moot for me though. The Barbie doll servers will have their own hive as will the Hardcore servers soon so it doesn't matter anymore.

They can then do what ever they want with the Barbie vision mode, as I wont care as long as it doesn't have any effect on the 1st person mode servers.

Lots of weirdo bitching from a guy who seems to have issues but at least the overall conclusion is right. Keep it up. Edited by Ken Bean

Come on guys, Zombie Jesus is just plain right, the poll is irrelevant and made up.

Server population is indeed more reliable. Time to stop that crazy bitching.

Lol are you really afraid that much? Rocket doesn't have enough balls to remove 3rd person. But if he ever does that and put every server in the main hive in the same level of difficulty then DayZ really deserves the "anti-game" title.

Lots of weirdo bitching from a guy who seems to have issues but at least the overall conclusion is right. Keep it up

Bitching ?

learn to read m8

Also you only should be allowed to vote if you are at least 18. Isnt the game for people of 18 and above? Where does all the childish behavior come from?

You cant discuss here, its like standing in a kindergarten.

Edited by Ken Bean

Also you only should be allowed to vote if you are at least 18. Isnt the game for people of 18 and above? Where does all the childish behavior come from?

You cant discuss here, its like standing in a kindergarten.

Getting desperate?

Getting desperate?

Not really, even though, this seems to be your plan. I know I wont be able to open your eyes. But that's fine I know there's a better place and I'm not the first one who is not able to break throuh your fixed ideas.

I already accepted that some are just fundamental about things, they wont accept other choices. That's life. Empires are falling for it.

Edited by Ken Bean

Not really, even though, this seems to be your plan. I know I wont be able to open your eyes. But that's fine I know there's a better place and I'm not the first one who is not able to break throuh your fixed ideas.

I already accepted that some are just fundamental about things, they wont accept other choices. That's life. Empires are falling for it.

The Ken-Bean-Conspiracy. Soon in 3PP:off. :D

The Ken-Bean-Conspiracy. Soon in 3PP:off. :D

Well if they manage to screw up the game, I only wasted 24 Euro and still feel good.

But you remain to be special. Promise.

Achievement unlocked: pissed over millions of people.

Edited by Ken Bean

The only legit poll is the number of people actually playing on 3P servers versus the number of ones on FP servers. Quit trying to impose the wishes of minority of players on the majority....

• Like 2

I answered with my opinion given the options available. However I think I'd be happy to always play 1PP and have 3PP removed if 1PP was better.

Edited by DoctorBadSign

If the argument that these polls are invalid because most people don't visit the forums(well, I think the sample size is too small and biased myself, but I won't get into that), then your argument that most people playing the game actually know first person servers even exist, or have even bothered to investigate such a thing, is also invalid, I just went on, right now, at 11PM GMT+10(Australian Eastern Standard Time), and took a look, and I don't know about you guys, but the preferred server for people seems to have more to do with the actual player counts on the servers and ping, people seem to prefer either a high pop server, or a low pop server, but player counts can fluctuate wildly within a minute of the last refresh, there isn't much conclusion that can be drawn at the moment as to what most people prefer, based on what servers people play on.

Most people will look at the ping and player counts and determine which server they want to play on, a lot of people prefer higher player counts, and while there is high population first person only servers, there is many more third person servers, so the chance for them to end up on a first person only server is slim, the same goes for people who prefer lower player counts, they will be looking for low populated servers, and again, with less first person only servers, the chance for someone to find themselves on a first person only server is slim.

I started with a high ping threshold of up to 500, but there was too many empty third person servers(the page was full of empty servers), so I had to reduce the ping filter to 200, unfortunately that seemed to get rid of all empty servers, but it still gives imo, for within 200 ping of where I am, validity to the fact that most people, are just joining servers based on player count/ping, rather then if a server is third person enabled or not, ie, there is NO CONCLUSION based on player counts on servers, feel free to do your own searches within the server browser.

I saw several full first person only servers, and a mix from empty to full first person only servers, which oddly enough, is exactly the same as third person servers, there might be more full third person servers, but there is actually MORE empty third person servers then full ones, just like with first person only.

Draw your own conclusions, but in my eyes, there is no relation between player counts and player preference, so stop stating it as fact.

2Qqytk4.png?1

• Like 4

Sure most people know that 1st person server exist. A mate if mine learned it the very first day playing Dayz. I didn't say anything. He just realized that on some server numpad enter works an on some not.

People are not dump. It's not difficult to figure out.

Edited by Ken Bean

Still boggling my mind that people are still whining about this.

<RANT ON>

I've seen a number of posts from the 1PP evangelists that imply that playing 1PP only makes you "hard" or "tough," or indicates that you have "balls."

Respectfully: fuck off.

There have been a number of people who said 3PP will be removed when Rocket "grows balls." Are you fucking kidding me? How ironic to have some gamer nerd type anonymously from behind a keyboard about a guy who FUCKING CLIMBED EVEREST not having balls? Yeah, read about the death toll on Everest some time. It's an incredibly difficult and deadly task. The mountain slopes are still, now, littered with corpses of trained climbers. Rocket climbed over a dying man to get to the summit (and apparently didn't loot him).

Playing 1PP only does not make you hard, or tough, or ballsy. Trying to enforce your view on everyone else makes you insecure, immature, and egocentric. It's not about YOU!

The same argument goes for KoS or not, PVP or not, etc. The hardest thing to do in this game, and life, is to be kind. You have to be brave to risk injury, be it emotional, psychological, or physical, solely for the benefit of another with no possible benefit to yourself. KoS is easy. Shooting first is easy. It's not tough, and neither are you.

In the end, remember, this is a GAME. A game. GAME. Not life. A game. And what are games meant to be? Fun. Want to measure yourself against someone else? Meet them in the ring, or the octagon, or the mat, or climb a mountain, or race in a triathlon, etc. etc. The Chernarus Marathon doesn't count.

<RANT OFF>

tl:dr: Stop whining about 1PP vs. 3PP.

• Like 2

Still boggling my mind that people are still whining about this.

<RANT ON>

I've seen a number of posts from the 1PP evangelists that imply that playing 1PP only makes you "hard" or "tough," or indicates that you have "balls."

Respectfully: fuck off.

There have been a number of people who said 3PP will be removed when Rocket "grows balls." Are you fucking kidding me? How ironic to have some gamer nerd type anonymously from behind a keyboard about a guy who FUCKING CLIMBED EVEREST not having balls? Yeah, read about the death toll on Everest some time. It's an incredibly difficult and deadly task. The mountain slopes are still, now, littered with corpses of trained climbers. Rocket climbed over a dying man to get to the summit (and apparently didn't loot him).

Playing 1PP only does not make you hard, or tough, or ballsy. Trying to enforce your view on everyone else makes you insecure, immature, and egocentric. It's not about YOU!

The same argument goes for KoS or not, PVP or not, etc. The hardest thing to do in this game, and life, is to be kind. You have to be brave to risk injury, be it emotional, psychological, or physical, solely for the benefit of another with no possible benefit to yourself. KoS is easy. Shooting first is easy. It's not tough, and neither are you.

In the end, remember, this is a GAME. A game. GAME. Not life. A game. And what are games meant to be? Fun. Want to measure yourself against someone else? Meet them in the ring, or the octagon, or the mat, or climb a mountain, or race in a triathlon, etc. etc. The Chernarus Marathon doesn't count.

<RANT OFF>

tl:dr: Stop whining about 1PP vs. 3PP.

Missed the point of the poll.

It's 3PP (exploiters) vs 3PP (non-exploiters). The non-exploiters are winning. And it just so happens they have the 1PP playerbase in their favour as well when it comes to discussing the exploit. Although yeah 1PP's are just stoking the flames in some cases, so yeah I see your point :)

Edited by phlOgistOn

It's 3PP (exploiters) vs 3PP (non-exploiters). The non-exploiters are winning. And it just so happens they have the 1PP playerbase in their favour as well when it comes to discussing the exploit.

I did not miss the point of the poll. I was not responding to everyone; just to this ridiculous group of individuals who have responded in the demeanor that I took to task.

I responded earlier to the poll question itself, and then voted. This is not directed at you, nor is it directed at anyone who has a sensible argument.

Edit: and to restate my position: I prefer 1PP. But it's not about me, either.

Edited by Fukkit

Sorry yeah, I did add the ending onto my last post after posting since I noticed it was more accusasatory then I intended :)

• Like 1

The only legit poll is the number of people actually playing on 3P servers versus the number of ones on FP servers. Quit trying to impose the wishes of minority of players on the majority....

1pp players play on 3pp servers because it is easy to abuse the corner peeking and 1pp servers are not very populated. A lot of 3pp players would play in 1pp servers if they had to because of the very same reason. So no, it is not.

It's 3PP (exploiters) vs 3PP (non-exploiters). The non-exploiters are winning. And it just so happens they have the 1PP playerbase in their favour as well when it comes to discussing the exploit. Although yeah 1PP's are just stoking the flames in some cases, so yeah I see your point :)

I dont buy your neutral position. You are solely arguing against 3rd person player but not that enthusiastic if an extremist like tommes just makes his selfish demands. All what you do is twisting the knife.

My opinion. Has been ironed out.

Edited by Ken Bean

I dont buy your neutral position. You are solely arguing against 3rd person player but not that enthusiastic if an extremist like tommes just makes his selfish demands. All what you do is twisting the knife.

My opinion.

I want to play 3PP, Im in the B category. Talk to someone that cares. zzzzzzzz

I want to play 3PP, Im in the B category. Talk to someone that cares. zzzzzzzz

Nope, not buying this.

Nope, not buying this.

You don't have to, I don't have to buy your opinion either, since you just troll (badly). There's an extra 216 people that already voted that excludes us so nm.

Rocket himself said he would like to investigate ways to reduce the "exploitable" nature of third-person. Whether you agree with third-person or not, it's clearly unsatisfactory as it currently stands.

• Like 2

You don't have to, I don't have to buy your opinion either, since you just troll (badly). There's an extra 216 people that already voted that excludes us so nm.

Yeah, you seems to me too one sided. Anyway, that's an argumentum ad hominem btw, that troll caling.

Edited by Ken Bean