floj

[POLL] - 3PP / 1PP and seeing round corners

280 members have voted

1. 1. Does the ability to see around cover affect you?

• I play 1PP only, I will never play in 3PP
    • I play 1PP, but would play 3PP if the ability to see around cover is fixed
    • I play 3PP but think the ability to see around cover should be fixed.
    • I play 3PP and don't think the ability to see around cover should be fixed.
    • I hate polls / no opinion on the ability to see around cover
  2. 2. Which solution would you prefer?

• The Fourth Wall mod type
    • Camera angle restrictions
    • Remove 3PP entirely
    • Other (please post in 3PP fix thread)
    • I don't want a solution
    • I still hate polls / no opinion

Add an option for I use 3PP and 1PP and have/don't have an opinion. Please.

I hate polls / no opinon is already there :)

Yeah, don't care on what server you play. Either way, it's fine. Just wondering why the 1st person lover are not getting over it. They are discussion that most, even recording videos, 3d animations whatnot. And again, polls and polls and polls started by them. Strange.

To be fair the main purpose of this discussion and the other recent discussion was whether there was a demand for removing the exploits from third person and many people have valid points. I enjoy 3PP (less so lately) and would never advocate for its removal, but I would be fine with cleaning up some of the more glaring exploits as long as the fixes were not game breaking. Anything that would make the game look terrible is not something I would be cool with, but other fixes seem like they could easily be implemented without much development time wasted. I am sure many on this thread think it should be THE focus for the developers and I am not one of those people either, but I would like to see them tweak 3PP and remove the low hanging fruit as far as exploits go. 

i would play in 1st person, since looking around corners in 3rd person is kind of a cheat.

But because 1st person is just generally too clunky, im only gonna resume playing DayZ when improvements took place.

Edited by 27 others

Polls are senseless here and I'll tell you why.

Does the ability to see around cover affect you?

The vast majority of the poll clams they play 3PP.

Which solution would you prefer?

The vast majority of the poll indicate scrapping 3PP.

Obviously there is deception and dishonesty going on here. People that play 3PP don't want it scrapped ffs. Great idea, but man is corrupt and this poll is now void.

Edited by Bennet

You misread the answer, the majority want 3PP fixed...not scrapped.

Remove 3rd person, it destroys the immersion! I have to play 3rd player cause my mates prefer it :(

Polls are senseless here and I'll tell you why.

Does the ability to see around cover affect you?

The vast majority of the poll clams they play 3PP.

Which solution would you prefer?

The vast majority of the poll indicate scrapping 3PP.

Obviously there is deception and dishonesty going on here. People that play 3PP don't want it scrapped ffs. Great idea, but man is corrupt and this poll is now void.

Ehem... I play on 3PP servers. I would love to see 3PP go away. That is not deceptive. Because I play on 3PP servers I actually have experience with all the exploits. Because I also play on 1PP servers I also know just how the game plays with the removal of those exploits. I can, from there, make an intelligent decision based off of experience and say that 3PP servers are worse than 1PP because of said exploits and it should, at the very least, be corrected in a manner that removes those exploits. 

Why do I play on 3PP servers? Well, because when I want to play say... an Epoch Dayz:Mod server without self-bloodbag/1,000 vehicles/trader safe zones on Taviana I can find exactly 0 1PP servers, but I can find a 3PP server. They ran out of cake and my options between "Cake or Death" is "...or Death". So I play on 3PP servers. If I get a little less extreme and accept AI missions and more vehicles on Chernarus I can find maybe 3 1PP servers but the pings are rather high for all of them. So again my option is "...or Death". So what do I do? I play on 3PP servers and deal with it. 

Basically having the option means there IS no other option for many of us. Maybe it would be nice if the other side of the coin was excluded a tiny bit for once, or they fixed the exploits so I didn't HAVE to play in 3rd person constantly to not be at a huge disadvantage since I can't seem to NOT play on a 3PP server.

Edited by Mercules

Exatcly that is what it started...and keeps the wheel spinning and spinning and spinning.

That's just obsession.

imo if people want to play in 3rd person they should be allowed to play in 3rd person,

almost every single game i play is an exclusively 3pp game, so naturally i am used to games being 3rd person hence why i don't want it removed, however, i don't care if it gets fixed but i have ZERO idea how they would go about fixing it without completely breaking 3pp.

this game isn't 100% realistic 

in day z i swap back and forth between 1st and 3rd person, for punching i usually prefer to use 1pp so that i can get an accurate punch on their head

edit 1:

yes, to an extent it harms the immersion feeling of the game and makes it feel less realistic however there are plenty of servers dedicated to 1pp (however it'd be nice if there were a few more of them) if people want to play in 1pp go ahead but why are people complaining about how others play the game if it doesn't directly harm you?

edit 2:

one of the main reasons why i don't like playing in 1pp is because when you use the alt feature to turn your head i have difficulties seeing getting an accurate view of whats behind me when there are mountain/taloon backpacks, and raincoat/hoodie hoods in the way

Edited by Timecharge

No fix needed

Guys, guys, choose your servers well, and stop trying to limit other peoples game styles