HIHBGaming

Hell In A HandBasket - [TOG] Hardcore/Regular US DayZ Servers

Very good server, highly recommend.

+1

Any chance of changing back to 4am after a reset though? It was awesome joining back in to watch the sunrise, and made for an interesting challenge to loot or defend an area after a reset.

• Like 1

+1

Any chance of changing back to 4am after a reset though? It was awesome joining back in to watch the sunrise, and made for an interesting challenge to loot or defend an area after a reset.

I thought about it but at 4am, a lot of times I watched the server empty out because it was too dark(pitch black). :huh: 

5am seemed like a happy medium, once in a while it will get really dark but most times it's tolerable.

What I'm thinking is once we get road flares in, then some night play will be tolerable for most. I like the night time so have no qualms with it but playing on an empty server is no fun either.  ;)

It is hard having to deal with time resets every time the server restarts, hoping that will end soon.

another +1 for HIHB. Only ever play 1PP so I figured I'll switch to 'hardcore' to make it easier on myself (lol?).

Aside from one incident of a disappearing protector case full of pristine beans- (has items falling out of bag been implemented or something? it was a pristine improv bag though wouldn't think stuff falls out of pristine bag either way) -the server has treated me very well. Yet to make player contact after 3 days playing with 25+ online and only a few km's from the SE coast (Nizhnoye/Staroye/Kamyshovo area), are hardcore players really more likely to be friendly or should I stick to stalking and avoiding?

• Like 1

another +1 for HIHB. Only ever play 1PP so I figured I'll switch to 'hardcore' to make it easier on myself (lol?).

Aside from one incident of a disappearing protector case full of pristine beans- (has items falling out of bag been implemented or something? it was a pristine improv bag though wouldn't think stuff falls out of pristine bag either way) -the server has treated me very well. Yet to make player contact after 3 days playing with 25+ online and only a few km's from the SE coast (Nizhnoye/Staroye/Kamyshovo area), are hardcore players really more likely to be friendly or should I stick to stalking and avoiding?

I've heard of items dropping out of packs when swimming as well as other instances, may have been desync.

Although I've heard and personally encountered many friendlies on HC, I am and would be very cautious at approaching others because you just never do know.

Edited by R.Neville

I thought about it but at 4am, a lot of times I watched the server empty out because it was too dark(pitch black). :huh:

5am seemed like a happy medium, once in a while it will get really dark but most times it's tolerable.

What I'm thinking is once we get road flares in, then some night play will be tolerable for most. I like the night time so have no qualms with it but playing on an empty server is no fun either.  ;)

It is hard having to deal with time resets every time the server restarts, hoping that will end soon.

Yeah it's a frustrating exercise. While I absolutely hate the dark, I liked the 4am start because it made the decision of running into the freshly restarted airfield that more difficult. Should I risk it or should I wait till daylight?

How long does it take IRL to go from dark to light?

I think about 20-30 minutes is all I can really tolerate.

How long does it take IRL to go from dark to light?

I think about 20-30 minutes is all I can really tolerate.

Heh, never really paid attention to IRL sunrise but I think maybe an hour. We'll see where we sit after this maintenance and I'll decide on whether to pushed the reset time back an hour. Would be ideal if I had the option to do half hour increments but that, sadly is not an option currently.

With the new renderer, accelerated time and other WIP things, I think night will much more tolerable to people such as yourself. :)

What I will not do is go totally 24/7 day, that to me is not Hardcore.  

Noticed it's back to 4am after reset. :thumbsup:

It seems dark at first, but I didn't need to adjust gamma etc. and the sun is up after 10 mins or so.

It seems dark at first, but I didn't need to adjust gamma etc. and the sun is up after 10 mins or so.

We'll leave it and see how we go. When we get flares I may push it back further.

By any chance was the server just manually reset and wiped or something? Was playing sunrise server had just reset to 4am.. about 20 min later I lost connection and now when I rejoin it's fresh spawn. Not too worried if the worst has happened I pretty much expect it lol but still a little sad, my first HC survivor and first to survive 24 actual in-game hours. :(

By any chance was the server just manually reset and wiped or something? Was playing sunrise server had just reset to 4am.. about 20 min later I lost connection and now when I rejoin it's fresh spawn. Not too worried if the worst has happened I pretty much expect it lol but still a little sad, my first HC survivor and first to survive 24 actual in-game hours. :(

All servers are hard coded to restart every 4hrs and 1pm AEST would be at one of those times. I'm not sure what they did last night during maintenance but it's been a bit wonky since then. 

I know last night after maintenance the server had a hard time connecting to the main hive but it cleared up after about an hour. I haven't manually restarted it today at all but it could of crashed, you may try another HC server to see if your character is actually gone. Other than that I will keep an eye on it and put a ticket in if I have to.

I'm logging in now to check...

Edit: I logged in fine and my character is intact.

Edited by R.Neville

All servers are hard coded to restart every 4hrs

That is additional to the normal server restarts that happen every 1-4 hours depending on server? Good to know, thanks.

Edit: I logged in fine and my character is intact.

Fingers crossed I might get lucky, only had a window of about 5 mins to try and figure it out... Maybe the server was just having a brainfart and sorted itself out after 10. Yup, fingers and toes all crossed heh I miss that character already  :blush:

That is additional to the normal server restarts that happen every 1-4 hours depending on server? Good to know, thanks.

Admins can make server restarts shorter but they cannot make them any longer than 4hrs(not that we'd want to due to instability) because the server is restarted automatically and is beyond our control currently.

Server time now resets to 3am for some night play. Use those torches, lanterns and flares!

My mates and I have recently converted to hardcore server! We always jump on this server we have had great encounters on the NEAF

+10

25 or older and looking for a mature gaming community? Give TOG a go!

You do not have to be a member of TOG to enjoy HIHB Hardcore DayZ.

Just confirming random character wipe out on server reset. Happens to me twice in last few days, last time yesterday. Server resets with warnings at 11 p.m. NZ time. When I reconnect - I'm fresh spawn on a beach. Try to connect to other HC servers after that -  still fresh spawn. Not big problem, but annoying. Other than that, excellent server. Strongly recommend.

• Like 1

Just confirming random character wipe out on server reset. Happens to me twice in last few days, last time yesterday. Server resets with warnings at 11 p.m. NZ time. When I reconnect - I'm fresh spawn on a beach. Try to connect to other HC servers after that -  still fresh spawn. Not big problem, but annoying. Other than that, excellent server. Strongly recommend.

Maybe give it a few minutes before entering any server upon restart. I have heard problems occurring when entering a server straight after a restart, doesn't happen all the time but it does/can happen.

Also a good idea to wait maybe 30 to 60 minutes after maintenance to start logging into servers to avoid the same types of issues.

Glad you enjoy the server and thanks for the good word. :beans:  

Currently servers seem to be restarting every hour and a half and time resetting to 3pm. This is not our doing and hopefully the GSP will iron out the 0.49 issues soon.

Hoping to be back to normal operation asap.

We've had some scary night-time encounters with hordes of zombies and other players. Cheers!

My first nightime experience was turning a corner and walking (Literally) almost into a zombie.

saw the shape and hesitated...

Only its grunting saved me.

Think if I'd stretched out I coulda touched it...

Super creepy. Really fun :))