HIHBGaming

Hell In A HandBasket - [TOG] Hardcore/Regular US DayZ Servers

At the moment server messaging and setting server time is not working. We're on the GSP to get these features working correctly.

At least the servers seem to be more stable than they were a day ago and actually restart when they do crash.

Persistence is currently enabled on both servers and working. Enjoy!

Persistence is currently enabled on both servers and working. Enjoy!

Sounds too good to be true. I will have to do some testing then I might even go on the hunt for a tent.

We have turned off persistence on HC for the time being. Will wait for another hotfix or update. It's still much to crashy and unreliable to be fun, along with reports of tents duping items.

Will be turning it off on Reg next restart or crash, whichever comes first.

Servers should be far more stable without persistence.

Cheers

Edited by R.Neville

Server stability is getting better but hoping for a hotfix to fix servers crashing.

We may be testing persistence again on our AU based HC server in the coming days.

I've been playing on the TOG for a few weeks now, very stable keep it up.[Fireman Sam]

• Like 1

I've been playing on the TOG for a few weeks now, very stable keep it up.[Fireman Sam]

Cheers Fireman Sam for the good word.  :)

Played in the HC server for a few days over the weekend and just wanted to say this is a great server. Actually didn't really run into many people but it is really stable, good ping (LA server I suppose). Thanks!

• Like 1

Played in the HC server for a few days over the weekend and just wanted to say this is a great server. Actually didn't really run into many people but it is really stable, good ping (LA server I suppose). Thanks!

Much appreciate the good word mate. We try like hell!  ;)

Does your HC server have Persistence on by the way?

We turned off persistence a couple weeks ago due to the issues with it. We were thinking about turning it on to test again on our AU HC server but I have gone against it atm.

If we do turn persistence on, we'll make sure to put it in the server name. 

We turned off persistence a couple weeks ago due to the issues with it. We were thinking about turning it on to test again on our AU HC server but I have gone against it atm.

If we do turn persistence on, we'll make sure to put it in the server name. 

Thanks Sir.

• Like 1

How has the persistence been working out?

We attempted 2 days after they released it, but it made our server crash. So we disabled it.

How has the persistence been working out?

We attempted 2 days after they released it, but it made our server crash. So we disabled it.

We tried it as soon as it hit for about a week or 2. We like the idea of how it supposed to work(loot spawns and all that) but it was just too buggy. Pitching tents crashing servers, item duping and with persistence just not working properly, it wasn't feasible to keep on.

We haven't tried it since then. So I don't know if they've fixed some of the issues with it but the way servers are crashing without persistence on, it's probably not a good idea to switch it on atm.

Edited by R.Neville

(...) item duping and persistence just not working properly (...)

I know you meant it differently, but this sentence just asks to be understood wrong :P

U damn dupers!

I know you meant it differently, but this sentence just asks to be understood wrong :P

U damn dupers!

Heh fixed?  ;)

We've turned persistence on the AU HC server again to test if it works any better.

Pretty good server you have going! Me and a friend played on the AU HC one for a few weeks, liked it, and then came back a couple days ago because of the persistence and have sort of made it our home server. The US one is a lot closer to home, so we'll probably migrate there once persistence is available on it, but the AU one is doing us nicely atm. I know persistence is burdensome on servers, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have to disable it again at some point, but if so a day or so notice would be grand so we can move our tents to a new home in the interim. Either way, just wanted to compliment the server and wish it a long stay. Thanks to R. Neville for keeping it going!

• Like 1

Pretty good server you have going! Me and a friend played on the AU HC one for a few weeks, liked it, and then came back a couple days ago because of the persistence and have sort of made it our home server. The US one is a lot closer to home, so we'll probably migrate there once persistence is available on it, but the AU one is doing us nicely atm. I know persistence is burdensome on servers, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have to disable it again at some point, but if so a day or so notice would be grand so we can move our tents to a new home in the interim. Either way, just wanted to compliment the server and wish it a long stay. Thanks to R. Neville for keeping it going!

Thanks for the kind words mate!

Mostly just testing persistence on the AU HC server atm. It has been pretty solid even with persistence on but I would expect it to crash at some point. We obviously back it up but in saying that there's no guarantee that persistence will work consistently, let's hope they fix all the issues with it soon. Not sure if they're going with persistence in .50 we'll have to just wait and see.

I have also set the HC servers(both US and AU) to a 24hr day/night cycle, although we have no GMT offset  currently. Default it seems is GMT+0.

AU HC has persistence on with 24hr day/night cycle. We have no GMT offset so GMT+0 will have to do for the moment.

US HC has the same 24hr day/night cycle with no persistence.

Hoping for private hives soon!