1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

There is so much more in the world of Dayz then just murder, death, kill.

Understand just what kind of "game" Dayz is, and play it as such.

Can you role play? No? Practice, interact using other means of communication other then the sound your gun makes when it kills somebody.

Ever tried talking your way out of a situation? It's one hell of a rush at times! Who knows, you may get to use your gun after all.

I'm neither for nor against KOS mentality (the world needs it's shit heels), BUT It would be nice to see a few LESS of them and a few more

communicators.

But hey, play Dayz as you see it should be played, I know I do. :)

People are forgetting one thing. In real life, lets say a Zombie Apocalypse did occur......you'd be able to indentify people be that a 2 metre, 20 metre or 200m with binoculars. In Dayz you have no bloody idea who your shooting at. This we need to know!.

Force show name & Blue = +Humanity, Red =  -Humanity. Then the jobs a good one.

People are forgetting one thing. In real life, lets say a Zombie Apocalypse did occur......you'd be able to indentify people be that a 2 metre, 20 metre or 200m with binoculars. In Dayz you have no bloody idea who your shooting at. This we need to know!.

I would be good with that as well.  As long as the "view" distances corresponded to what I outlined with the armbands.  So you couldn't see someone's name with just "your eyes" if they were a tiny tiny spec on the horizon.  You'd need a high powered sniper scope to see that.

So in real life you can aim your eyes at someone and know their name and whether or not they've killed people before? Why aren't you working for the police or government you selfish ass superhero?!?

Humanity system is also retarded, doesn't work, and ruins the game ... as the devs had said many times they wish they never did it in the mod. If you're new to the game and a KoSer and you KoS 10 people in a row ... they all happened to be bandits ... You are now a Hero from KoSing people.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 2

So in real life you can aim your eyes at someone and know their name and whether or not they've killed people before? Why aren't you working for the police or government you selfish ass superhero?!?

Humanity system is also retarded, doesn't work, and ruins the game ... as the devs had said many times they wish they never did it in the mod. If you're new to the game and a KoSer and you KoS 10 people in a row ... they all happened to be bandits ... You are now a Hero from KoSing people.

Bahaha my thoughts exactly. 

Isn't it the exact opposite in real life? You usually can't tell if someone is nice, a rapist, a murderer, ect just by looking at them.. 

Maybe I just need to get my eyes checked so I can see peoples names and their current mindset just by looking at them. 

• Like 1

There is already an easy way to tell if someone is a bandit or a hero:

if they shoot you or rob you, they are a bandit;

if they help you, they are a hero.

• Like 1

been watching this thread with interest. To be honest im on the fence on this one. I didn't hate the system used in the mod but can understand why the devs didn't want something similar here.

However, I do like the idea of seeing a name. As was said above, if you can keep it to the distance you can actually see, then what are the drawbacks to this? (obviously this wouldn't want to be seen if behind a wall or the like.....maybe that's why its too hard to implement?).

If you could see a name then players could start bounties or the like, which would then help any bandit problems that may occur

there will be an orgins/humanity-type mod when the SA is released, trust me.

please just deal with the kos until then.

I have the best solution to this stupid thread.

1) Wait until game is released

2) Make your own stupid red vs blue mod

3) Profit

• Like 1

been watching this thread with interest. To be honest im on the fence on this one. I didn't hate the system used in the mod but can understand why the devs didn't want something similar here.

However, I do like the idea of seeing a name. As was said above, if you can keep it to the distance you can actually see, then what are the drawbacks to this? (obviously this wouldn't want to be seen if behind a wall or the like.....maybe that's why its too hard to implement?).

If you could see a name then players could start bounties or the like, which would then help any bandit problems that may occur

We had this in the mod at one point. It was fucking retarded because you can scan tree lines until a name popped up then you knew right where someone was without even having to look for people.

I have the best solution to this stupid thread.

1) Wait until game is released

2) Make your own stupid red vs blue mod

3) Profit

I agree, I know which side I will be on.

Yeah+suck+it+blues+_955ea777e4307dada8bd

"Yeah, suck it blues!"

*EDIT FOR THE POST BELOW SO THERE ISN'T THE NECESSITY FOR ANOTHER POST*

The pink one is called Donut, this one's Simmons. :)

Edited by AntonioAJC

I agree, I know which side I will be on.

Yeah+suck+it+blues+_955ea777e4307dada8bd

"Yeah, suck it blues!"

You know they have a name for lightish red, it's called pink

• Like 3

We had this in the mod at one point. It was fucking retarded because you can scan tree lines until a name popped up then you knew right where someone was without even having to look for people.

yep, knew this. That's why I said it needed to be only what you could see and not to be seen through objects.

But yeah point taken, if someone is camo and you were close you could potentially miss them unless a name pops up.

I vote that the word, "NEED" in the title of this thread gets replaced with, "WANT". Also, "We" should be changed to "I".

To reflect the reality of things.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

Whats stopping bandits from choosing to wear the hero arm band?

Also obviously no game can be 100% realistic. But its intended to be as realistic as possible. In real life a thing like that wouldn't exist. and there's flaws in what you said:

If this was real, you wouldn't have to eat every 3 minutes to survive,

IF YOU HAVE TO EAT EVERY 3 MINUTES YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. I CAN GO DAYS WITHOUT EATING

or die from not eating for 1 hour.

WHEN YOU SPAWN IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE YOU ARE BARELY ALIVE

Loot wouldn't respawn magically at a certain time.

THERE'S A LIMIT ON MAP SIZE, THEREFORE IF LOOT NEVER RESPAWNED THERE WOULD BE NONE

The cities like Cherno and Electro would be hellholes full of millions of zombies you wouldn't even go near.  

GO FIRE A WEAPON IN CHERNO BY YOURSELF RIGHT NOW ON A FRESH SERVER. AND THEY ARE PLANNING ON IMPLEMENTING A TON MORE ZOMBIES.

Not everyone is trained on weapons, and those that weren't "should" have bad accuracy.

GOOD PLAYERS HAVE BETTER ACCURACY THEN BAD ONES

<snip> thank fucking god

Why in the hell did you necro a two week old, dead thread? you are an asshole of colossal proportions, if for no other reason than continuing to stir the pot over a faulty game mechanic that the devs have never said they would support nor implement in SA.

Give it a fucking rest already.

• Like 1

Why in the hell did you necro a two week old, dead thread? you are an asshole of colossal proportions, if for no other reason than continuing to stir the pot over a faulty game mechanic that the devs have never said they would support nor implement in SA.

Give it a fucking rest already.

That's my favorite part about this thread. The devs effectively have said "Nope, fuck that, it's stupid, didn't even work right, doesn't fit in this game, and ruined the mod." And yet here we are on page 48!

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

Interesting points, When mods arrive private hives Will surely usel some kind of hero / bandit skins. I enjoy both playstyles and Will most likely play both setups!

Bandits are easy to identify. If they shoot you in the face, chances are they are a bandit.

• Like 1

In real life you got that gut feeling that something just isn't right with that one person.   I would say that in game you keep it as it is,  but on the player's list <P>, you have a color coded system,   green new ,,  white is a lone wolf player,,,   purple is a bandit,,,,, and blue is hero..    it will give you some sort of idea what your dealing with when you enter a server,  (real life) if you go into certain areas of town you know to watch your back,,,  certain time of the day you tend to watch your back,, etc etc,,keep the skins out of the game,, but make the player's list somewhat readable to track certain players.

• Like 1

I think its good to have a diferent thing on heroe to bandits because a guy says to you " im friendly " and in the next second he shoot at you and you are dead.

Some cloth our skin would be cool .As always eat you  :beans: .

In real life you got that gut feeling that something just isn't right with that one person. I would say that in game you keep it as it is, but on the player's list <P>, you have a color coded system, green new ,, white is a lone wolf player,,, purple is a bandit,,,,, and blue is hero.. it will give you some sort of idea what your dealing with when you enter a server, (real life) if you go into certain areas of town you know to watch your back,,, certain time of the day you tend to watch your back,, etc etc,,keep the skins out of the game,, but make the player's list somewhat readable to track certain players.

You shouldn´t be able to magically know if there´s bad or good people in game and you surely don´t know this IRL situations either. Even the whole player list should be taken off. It partly spoils the fun since most players just go for the low population servers.

There´s definitely ways to make people kos less and that should be done by giving us the guilty feeling when doing so. But how to do that without forcing players with stupid pentalies(which doesn´t fit in Dayz) Thats the hard question to answer.

Edited by DannyRed

In real life you got that gut feeling that something just isn't right with that one person. 

Yet another selfish ass super hero who could be fighting crime instead hides his powers from the world.

• Like 2

The simple answer to the thread title is NO NO and again NOOOO. You dont have it in real life and you dont need it ingame.

The playerlist should vanish too !

• Like 1

The wanna be hero asks the freshspawn "do you need food or water?" the real deal ask's "why are you on the coast?"

would just be cool if they had an armband on before asking you!