1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

Only got through 4 pages before giving up reading.

Instead of forcing skins or other 'flags" why not use some sort of bulletin board system outside of towns.

ie: Bandit spotted in area, ( with a very vague description), and it won't come off/update until server reset so if you're gone from the area it can mislead people.

It could only be triggered if you killed multiple people within an area in a set time limit.

Something like a "there have been X amouth of deadly accident in this  area". :D or "X Days since last accident"

This has been said over and over again but I'll say it once more. I'm totally against any kind of identification or a bandit/hero skin system. The whole idea is just absurd and suitable for only some arcade type of games. People need common sense and a healthy amount of paranoia when playing this game. If you're careless, you're gonna end up dead. If you're friendly, be cautious. If you die, start over again.

That said I'm no hero or a bandit. Sometimes I kill and sometimes I don't, but I'm not an asshole about it. At times it may be about sending a message to a careless looter or a server hopper - a lesson learned. Other times it's about helping someone out.

This is why Sanity needs to be implemented into DayZ.  Let the turds KoS, hide bodies, camp the coast, axe newbies, raid trader clans, kill friendlies, gank medics - just have Sanity work its magic.  If it was properly implemented it would penalize those who get a hard on for being a ganking bitch. 

Sanity brings authenticity into DayZ without compromising intensity of combat, confusion or obvious visual indications.

This is authentic. I really like the idea of Sanity affecting players, increasing their paranoia as they take the lives of others.

Every murdering psychopath feels for their kill, even though they're satisfied. They think about it, and many believe in karma. Let them feel like karma has a knife to their back.

• Like 1

This is authentic. I really like the idea of Sanity affecting players, increasing their paranoia as they take the lives of others.

Every murdering psychopath feels for their kill, even though they're satisfied. They think about it, and many believe in karma. Let them feel like karma has a knife to their back.

Not authentic at all. Psychopaths the least would get the effects if they were to go on a killing spree. No empathy, no loss of sanity. People suggesting like this need to get over getting attached to their material possessions and learn how to die like a man.

Edited by AgainstArseholes
  • Like 1

Something like a "there have been X amouth of deadly accident in this  area". :D or "X Days since last accident"

More, Z Days! *rimshot*

tl;dr

Absolutely not. The clothes were implemented so that you could dress however you'd like. It's not like "bandits" have a dresscode. I am a bandit, and I would rather be anonumous ingame than to have the risk of being spotted 1000 meters away. It's more exciting if you can't tell if the person you met was in fact a bandit.

We are all survivors, and we all have our own way of playing this game. Forcing people to dress in a certain way would lower the enjoyment of the game.

If you want to use the humanity system, go back to the mod.

I don't think any type of "sanity" or "nervousness" would ever be implemented.  It's a definite negative that bandits can't control.

Having an armband that you can take off, you can either leave it on (as most heros would), or take it off (as most bandits would).

It gives a "choice" to the player.  Not negative consequences they can't control.

I don't care about people that want to kill everyone else, they can still do that.  I just want to be able to find people I don't have to kill.

The armbands that you can rip off achieve that effect.  If you see an armband, you know the relative morality of the player.  A hero can still kill another hero, but there's a significant humanity loss.  A bandit can kill anyone they want, and they'll stay a bandit.

This is why Sanity needs to be implemented into DayZ.  Let the turds KoS, hide bodies, camp the coast, axe newbies, raid trader clans, kill friendlies, gank medics - just have Sanity work its magic.  If it was properly implemented it would penalize those who get a hard on for being a ganking bitch. 

how is it even remotely possible for the game to really KNOW wether you pulled the trigger for fun or for self-protection? too many variables. it's impossible.

noob but I don't understand how there could be ANY reliable way to tell a bandit from hero.  Nor should their be... How would you tell friendly from foe.  Sure looks are a good indicator we have that in game.  Looks can also be deceiving.

The ONLY way I could see would be if names were locked/unique allowing some sort of recognition system in game.  This would have to be artificial since there isn't enough character creation to manually differentiate.  Even then it would probably encourage KOS more since no one would want to be flagged as a bandit (leave no witnesses).  Also it would be wiped out at death.

Any idea outside of completely unique names and labels would be a waste since they could (and should) be copied by bandits.

Just to clarify, this is an post-apocalyptic game. Do people really think that everyone would follow your "rules"? Sure, some people are friendly, but not everyone. Just like in the game. You choose. Either trust everyone or no one. You build your character, and the story of your character developes depending on how you play it. There is no story-based gameplay. There are no rules. You can play alone or be in a group. You can either be an hero or a bandit. It is up to you, but you can't dictate how everyone "should" play. If you get killed, you simply weren't as safe as you thought.

Edited by Whistler2k4

Just to clarify, this is an post-apocalyptic game. Do people really think that everyone would follow your "rules"? Sure, some people are friendly, but not everyone. Just like in the game. You choose. Either trust everyone or no one. You build your character, and the story of your character developes depending on how you play it. There is no story-based gameplay. There are no rules. You can play alone or be in a group. You can either be an hero or a bandit. It is up to you, but you can't dictate how everyone "should" play. If you get killed, you simply weren't as safe as you thought.

Do you think that 90% of the population would shoot eachother on sight?

Can you sprint endlessly for hours and hours?

Do you need to eat every 5 minutes?  Will you starve to death if you don't eat for 30 minutes?

I love the realism argument.  There are things in the game to facilitate gameplay.

A simple armband "that you can tear off if you want" doesn't dictate how YOU should play the game, or how I should play the game.  You can still play however you want.

Do you need to eat every 5 minutes?  Will you starve to death if you don't eat for 30 minutes?

I love the realism argument.  There are things in the game to facilitate gameplay.

A simple armband "that you can tear off if you want" doesn't dictate how YOU should play the game, or how I should play the game.  You can still play however you want.

So what if I found someone wearing this "friendly" armband, I shoot him and take his armband. Does this make me friendly? 

Only thing, I can think of stopping kos, will be to remove all weapons and the ability to use your fists as weapons. This is never going to happen, live with it. 

So what if I found someone wearing this "friendly" armband, I shoot him and take his armband. Does this make me friendly? 

Only thing, I can think of stopping kos, will be to remove all weapons and the ability to use your fists as weapons. This is never going to happen, live with it. 

It would be a "spawn" option similar to the mod's "display name yes / no".

Select Yes when you spawn, your armband displays.  Select No when you spawn, your armband does not.  That lasts until you respawn.

It would not be a lootable item.  If it was lootable it would completely break the system.

Where do you get your numbers from?

No, I can't sprint endlessly for hours. And you can't sprint endlessly for hours ingame without conciquence.

No, I no not need to eat every 5 minutes, and I do not need to eat every 5 minutes ingame either. I can go for about an hour, maybe two before I have to eat ingame. You do know that you do not spawn with your hunger or thirst meters full, right?

There is no need for any indicators that shows if the player is friendly or not. DayZ is not like any other multiplayer game out there. It's an post-apocalyptic zombie survivor game/simulator. I've gotten myself killed about 10 times since release, and only because I thought I was safe when I clearly wasn't.

I got a good tip for you guys, instead of going south, go north and gear up. There is a lot less people up north. Also, stay away from NWAF. NEAF is safer, but not entierly safe.

If you can't stand dying, play on low populated servers.

And for the love of god, please stop complaining. We all have the same risk of being killed, but some people play more carefully than others.

Fair enough. So if bandits and friendlies are marked like that. What does you make think, that you do not run accidently in one of this bandits?

I hope something like this does get implemented if for no other reason than to be able to more judiciously select targets.

I would, presumably, be fully kitted, as a "Bandit", and for me and my roving band of thugs, having a distinctly visible method to identify tagets of opportunity would be a boon. Think about it- as a kitted-out bandit, you likely already have more than enough ammo and weaponry to sustain your current spawn life... but as usual, food, water, and bandages are in short supply. What better way to resupply than to have a well-marked lootable target, known to be carrying an abundance of the aforementioned supplies?

Yes, please. Give them their armbands, and whatever else they want to distinguish themselves as bleeding heart purveyors of dumbassery.

L9RDO7y.gif

• Like 2

I hope something like this does get implemented if for no other reason than to be able to more judiciously select targets.

I would, presumably, be fully kitted, as a "Bandit", and for me and my roving band of thugs, having a distinctly visible method to identify tagets of opportunity would be a boon. Think about it- as a kitted-out bandit, you likely already have more than enough ammo and weaponry to sustain your current spawn life... but as usual, food, water, and bandages are in short supply. What better way to resupply than to have a well-marked lootable target, known to be carrying an abundance of the aforementioned supplies?

Yes, please. Give them their armbands, and whatever else they want to distinguish themselves as bleeding heart purveyors of dumbassery.

L9RDO7y.gif

You Sir, made my day.  :D

And after implementing such things, forums will be full of...."Why did they shoot me, I was wearing one of these friendly armbands :/"

Edited by TiKilla
  • Like 3

L9RDO7y.gif

This post made me change my mind. Thank you.

Have some beans!

Fair enough. So if bandits and friendlies are marked like that. What does you make think, that you do not run accidently in one of this bandits?

I want to go kill bandits.  I don't want to kill heros.  It's pretty simple.

I made an example of what it might look like.  Please note the color is brighter on the armband just so you can see it.

micw8l.gif

• Like 1

lmao.. not sure if trolling.. might as well give everyone wee halo's and horns..

In other words, incredibly easy to see from well over 400m away. So, godsight. Just like we said like 20 pages ago and you got all up-in-arms about.

If you want to not kill heroes, then don't shoot people until you know whether or not they're a hero. It's "pretty simple."

• Like 1

As someone who has been killed a few times by bandits posing as heros, I would still have to say I wouldn't want this feature.

It would erase some of the mystique of figuring out who this guy is that's scavenging across from you. The tension of not knowing if he's friend or foe would be greatly diminished.For me it has nothing to do with realism (or maybe not entirely). It's simply a matter of tension, of not trusting others fully, of learning from your mistakes and adapting. That thin line between paranoia and fear.

So, no thank you. Please, argue for it as is your right; new systems aren't a bad thing, and people have proposed humanity systems before. Not all as visual as you suggest, but something to deter bandits. But I wouldn't want some visual indicator. 

• Like 2

In other words, incredibly easy to see from well over 400m away. So, godsight. Just like we said like 20 pages ago and you got all up-in-arms about.

If you want to not kill heroes, then don't shoot people until you know whether or not they're a hero. It's "pretty simple."

LOL this i play as a survivour who holds there humanity i dont KOS i will try make contact this often ends in shooting on both parties If i come up behind them and let them know i am there it becomes quite obvious if there a bandit in many cases they turn to attack or they run to cover and attack.

Yeah it means i put myself at more risk but i try minimize it by how i make contact but it always ends with a tense interaction always in the back of the mind cant trust anyone a killer looks well kinda like a hero unless he wants to look like one..

Isnt it the risk that is heroic??? i thought bravery was the sign of a hero . try playing it smart i know i find it very satisfying and if they ever brought this sort of thing in i hope they wouldnt to first person view servers i think it makes life to easy well for me anyway IMHO...

• Like 1

Honestly no, I don't think that is a good idea at all. The whole point of this game is terror of not knowing. The unknown is why this game is fun, its why so rewarding. I think they need to implement endgame mechanics that make it more desirable to work together instead of in opposition with one another. I do however not feel that they need to get rid of bandits entirely, they do have there place. Nor do I feel that they need to make a way of calling them out for playing the role of a bandit. 

• Like 1