Sign in to follow this  
jasher11

Why do YOU play DayZ?

To survive the longest that I can and when I do die try and learn from my mistakes all the while doing it with my friends.

Great game gonna be even greater some day.

• Like 1

I got hooked when i played the mod back in may 2012. How unforgiving it was. How naive i was in the beginning.

Because it's the closest thing we're going to get to a real Zombie Apocalypse. Or is it?

It's something to do, and saves me from having to spend 'quality' time with the wife and kids.

But don't tell them that, because I told them I'm 'working' in here!

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 2

Large environment, go where I want to, and have a persistent character that I could loose at any moment.  Ever since I started gaming on a 086 I have dreamed of a game like this.  This is why I play DayZ.

Player interaction and the consequences of your choices.

This is, for me, the most important thing about this game and is why i play it.
You can run into players all day, every day, but it will be different encounters with different outcomes, truly amazing.
You can almost count, on one hand, how many games has accomplished this like DayZ has :)

There's no other game on the market like it, and I enjoy the mixture of hardcore survival gameplay and loot-based reward system.

Hello DayZ forum, this is my first day as a forum member. Havnt been playing the mod and bought the SA on the day they released it. Played ~ 140h.

I have to state that online games are the only games I play because games without interactions with other humans actually bore me after a bit of time.

I play for the PvE aspects. I go from city to city, looking for loot and "cleansing" each city. Since I learned about the Epoch mod (for non SA) you can painstakingly build a house piece by peace, and need to log in every 3 days to "maintenence" it so it doesn't crumble. So now my mission is to spend weeks of real game time building a tiny house. That will crumble. lol. I agree with you though Lamboing I can't play on an empty server... but I hate PvP in this game so I just talk to other ppl in side chat then jusst pretend I'm alone. That way I'm alone but not lonely!

Barricading would be an awesome feature, for the mod or SA. But despite 5,700 servers for the Dayz mod, there hasn't been feature update in 1.5 years. Example: the melee weapons still awkwardly shoot out a mouthful of shotun pellets at 6ft range. And have no effect at 1-0ft. So if we want new features, we need $$$

Edited by RUS_Starbuck

I am stubborn. Games never allow me to have complete freedom and do as I wish, interact with what or whom I want to. This has allowed me to fall off from games in the last 8+years and cannot retain my attention for long. I pretty much stopped playing games ( come from consoles and Apple)

Enter DayZ...My work mates came to work one morning telling me about some epic stories from a new game/mod they tried. I had to see what all the fuss was about as I had 0% experience when It came to online gaming, and it sounded like it was my cup of tea! Went out after work to buy this ArmA game so I could try the mod out. Little did I know I needed windows.... my reaction was priceless as I couldn't boot camp, as I had a SD card stuck in my CD-slot. FYI I was pissed trying to send my sister some pics lol, got the wrong slot....insert silly comments here... :D

I ended up just researching and waiting to build a gaming pc. I had waited so long to play the mod now I may as well wait for the SA to arrive. I built my first pc about 4 or so months ago and got introduced to steam, bought some games and ......didn't play for too long! Jumped back to forums and videos drooling eagerly for SA to try.

Long story short I bought DayZ Alpha on release, still playing with 85+ hours and I have had the most emotional ride I have ever encountered from a bunch of pixels ever. This is why I play

Because of the ability of being a c*nt with no followed up punishments what so ever.

Edited by Zeeb

Because the thrill of losing all your stuff as you are going through town killing everyone isn't found in any other game.

I can kill more people in a game like Battlefield, but there I just respawn with all my stuff and there is no suspense, here I know that if I make a wrong move I may be the one running back from the coast.

DayZ is a mixture of everything a love and seek in video games. Coop, open world, post apocalypse, guns, realism, nature survival, woods, freedom of choice and movement etc.

Edited by Gua

I play to to see what kind of wacky bugs I can find then use the search feature on the forums to see if they've been reported.  Sadly , every bug I found has already been mentioned :(  Damn these Alphas