Sign in to follow this  
Zengar

Heart massage

Hi everyone !

First, please forgive my english, it's not my native language.

I'd like to suggest a heart massage system (CPR)

Example :

When your friend is unconscious, you can try to wake him up without anything in your hands.

This system is less effective than an epinephrine stick or a defibrillator, but it give to the no-stuff a small chance to revive a friend's character.

I hope that I have clearly explain my idea,

What do you think ?

Zengar

Edited by Zengar
  • Like 16

You must be talking about CPR techinque.

Yes,it would be cool to have that with less efectiveness as you stated above :)

I'm suprised noone else suggested it before....

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 3

Yeah I'm talking about the CPR technique :) (damn google translation !)

• Like 1

Hjertemassage, perfectly clear.

Also a good idea.

• Like 1

I like it.

• Like 1

Unconscious does not necessarily mean cardiac arrest. That's why I don't like defibrillators as they are now...

Good idea (but not every person on earth knows how to do that, how do we deal with this?), but not to be used on unconscious people. I know its only a game but even if not completed medical sistem is way too far from reality sometimes.

• Like 2

Obviously every person on the earth don't know how to deal with a heart massage :)

My point is to improve the survival of the no-stuff playing in a team.

However I agree with you about the realism of the unconscious status.

Not everyone knows how to perform a CPR technique, but nor do they know how to shoot a gun or perform a IV blood transfusion. I guess the game takes for granted the fact that every character has some basic knowlege in survival.

• Like 1

That's true Doowi :) every player in DayZ is called a survivor... I think they can deal with a CPR technique.

• Like 1

Definitely an interesting idea, and I'm all for it.

Even though the medical system is far from fully developed, somewhere down the line I can see this as being a big deal.  If someone gets unconscious for whatever reason (except maybe head shots or heart shots) and you are unlucky and can't revive them by CPR alone, maybe it could even help keep them alive for long enough to allow for someone to run and get a defibrillator to try to use that on them.

Could even be implemented with a system where a left-click equals a chest compression, and a right-click equals ventilating their lungs.  If you have a breathing bag it will be more effective than mouth-to-mouth, and if you have to do mouth-to-mouth you risk getting sick if the victim is sick.  You can only keep compressions going for so-and-so long before you get tired and have to switch with another friendly player, or if you are all alone with the victim you have to let him die.

I see this as an excellent idea, but it does however require there to be much more community oriented team play implemented in the future, because there is no way I will risk my life by trying to revive a complete stranger that will most likely kill me if I successfully resuscitate him.  And it requires bodies to be able to be dragged around, either into/onto vehicles or simply to the nearest bushes, because I am _NOT_ reviving someone in the middle of an open field...

All in all, excellent and to me an original idea that I haven't seen before.  Some well deserved beans given to OP. 

• Like 1

Thank you Hakiki, I'm glad you like it  :)

If this system is added to the game, I hope survivors will trying to revive complete strangers to increase their teams !

The choice is given to trust or not the strangers, just all like the rest of DayZ !

Maybe this system can introduce a heart beat sound when you're unconscious. The beat would be slower and slower until the character dies. Practice the CPR on a character will increase the speed of the heart's beats.

What do you think ?

CPR is more for if someone has choked/ drowned isn't it.

You hold their nose and blow air into their lungs, then you break the flabby jello cartilage around the sternum to manually pump blood past the lungs with the air you put there and into the brain where it can continue it's automatic functions like breathing and pumping blood.

Would not mind a bit of simple first aid you can do to yourself and other players with just your hands.

Things like lifting somebody's legs off the ground to increase blood flow to the brain or lift part of the body that is bleeding, lift legs if they're at low blood to keep blood circulating through vital organs.

Dragging people with broken legs.

Relocating arms and stuff after a crazed man with a blunt melee weapon attacks.

Compressing wounds/ hand bandage.

Putting sick & unconscious person in recovery position so they don't choke on vomit.

Huddling together to warm up.

Removing bullets?? Could increase rate of bleeding but lower the effectiveness of anything infectious that may have been on it (same with arrows/ anything stabby that you might throw).

Clean wounds at water source/ with water container (no were near as effective as alcohol but can lower the rate of infection significantly).

Just my first ideas that come to mind that I as a civilian might try. Maybe not that that relocate arm stuff, because it fixes itself after a few minuites.

• Like 1

Maybe this system can introduce a heart beat sound when you're unconscious. The beat would be slower and slower until the character dies. Practice the CPR on a character will increase the speed of the heart's beats.

What do you think ?

If you're dying your heart is probably going to be trying harder and harder to pump blood to the brain, not sure though.

If you're dying your heart is probably going to be trying harder and harder to pump blood to the brain, not sure though.

I totally agree, I just propose a "gameplay" system to make the survivor understand when he's dying or if a teammate is reviving him.

I totally agree, I just propose a "gameplay" system to make the survivor understand when he's dying or if a teammate is reviving him.

I wouldn't mind some messages/ a timer.

"You see a bright light in the darkness" etc. "you feel as though the light is getting closer" would indicate that without some help you will most certainly loose your life.

"You begin hearing sounds"... "You are coming to" sort of things would indicate you are about to come out of unconsciousness.

I wouldn't mind some messages/ a timer.

"You see a bright light in the darkness" etc. "you feel as though the light is getting closer" would indicate that without some help you will most certainly loose your life.

"You begin hearing sounds"... "You are coming to" sort of things would indicate you are about to come out of unconsciousness.

Why not, I think these messages are a bit "too much" but yeah, that's an idea !

"You see a bright light in the darkness"

Maybe the screen could become brighter when a teammate is reviving you. What do you think ?

I'd like the ability to have CPR to a restrained healthy person.

• Like 1

What does the february guys thinking about a heart massage in DayZ ? :)

Yeah ! No negative comments. Glad to see that.  :thumbsup:

Love you guys.